New House!

Going on a trip? Taking a 4-day Mormon sabbatacal? Goldfish eat your power cord? If you're going away for a little bit post it here.
cougnix
Reactions:

New House!

Post by cougnix »

My wife and I bought a new house and will be moving the first part of April. Not sure when we will be establishing internet, will probably use data if we absolutely have to, but that's assuming we set up the computer at all. Posting for OOTP folks.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
Weasel
Reactions:

Re: New House!

Post by Weasel »

Congrats!

That being said, moving is an absolutely miserable experience. It's up there with painting as one of my least favorite things to do
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote:Congrats!

That being said, moving is an absolutely miserable experience. It's up there with painting as one of my least favorite things to do
Wanna help me move from Florida to Texas this weekend?

Thanks!
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Congrats Shane, hopefully the move is for the better!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Congrats!
Let me know if you need to shoot me any instructions for your team.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Congrats!

And I can always help with your OOTP team too.
Just let me know.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Thanks guys, definitely for the better. Had to rent for about 3 years. I'm sure some of you know what I mean. House is in the district I teach in and kids go to school in. Will be our last house we buy as far as we are concerned. It's a pretty cool house in that it has some character and isn't a mass produced house. It's older, built in 1934, but has been updated and added to over the years. We are excited, get keys on the 31st hopefully. Funny Weasel, my wife wants to paint the living room before we move in completely. Ugh...
ImageImage

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

cougnix wrote:Thanks guys, definitely for the better. Had to rent for about 3 years. I'm sure some of you know what I mean. House is in the district I teach in and kids go to school in. Will be our last house we buy as far as we are concerned. It's a pretty cool house in that it has some character and isn't a mass produced house. It's older, built in 1934, but has been updated and added to over the years. We are excited, get keys on the 31st hopefully. Funny Weasel, my wife wants to paint the living room before we move in completely. Ugh...

Then SHE should paint it. :-)

That's always my rule of thumb. I've done 0 painting since we built our house 12yrs ago. Every room has been painted at least 2x... some 3-4.
PSN: ReignOnU
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

When we renovated our kitchen last year, we decided to paint the cabinets. I get about 2 minutes in and tell her to grab a brush, at which point she said she didn't trust herself painting them. Wait, wha-... Fuck.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

In 29 years I've moved 10 times minimum
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ReignOnU wrote:
cougnix wrote:Thanks guys, definitely for the better. Had to rent for about 3 years. I'm sure some of you know what I mean. House is in the district I teach in and kids go to school in. Will be our last house we buy as far as we are concerned. It's a pretty cool house in that it has some character and isn't a mass produced house. It's older, built in 1934, but has been updated and added to over the years. We are excited, get keys on the 31st hopefully. Funny Weasel, my wife wants to paint the living room before we move in completely. Ugh...

Then SHE should paint it. :-)

That's always my rule of thumb. I've done 0 painting since we built our house 12yrs ago. Every room has been painted at least 2x... some 3-4.
Good thing is the room doesn't have a TON of wall space, there is a brick fireplace that she wants me to whitewash (Summer Project) and the windows and doors make most of the painting minimal.
ImageImage

Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote: Wanna help me move from Florida to Texas this weekend?

Thanks!
Still not moved?

Maybe that's part of my problem, I've helped family/friends move 3-4 times for every move I've made. In college and grad school, it was me moving both myself and my now wife every year, twice a year. I finally have a job, I'm paying someone to do it for me from now on
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:

Forgot what prompted it, but just recently I was figuring out all the homes/apartments I've lived in since I went off to college at 18.

I came up with 14 places I've lived in the past 19 years. I'm like a nomad!!!
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I came up with 8, this will be my 9th.
ImageImage

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

My wife loves to paint and she painted our entire downstairs by herself and enjoyed it. Weirdo.

I don't have patience and I am really bad at it so she knows better.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:My wife loves to paint and she painted our entire downstairs by herself and enjoyed it. Weirdo.
I'll have Lacy give her a call soon!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

We're busy.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

1 recommendation... don't let her invite her friends for wine and a painting party. That resulted in a dumped can of paint on my carpet. A 1 night project turned into replacing carpet in a room as well.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote:
nick wrote:

Forgot what prompted it, but just recently I was figuring out all the homes/apartments I've lived in since I went off to college at 18.

I came up with 14 places I've lived in the past 19 years. I'm like a nomad!!!

14 in 19? That's crazy!

I've lived in 4 locations over my entire life!

My parents had an apartment from the time I was born until I was about 2. I lived in their house from then until I was 21. When I was 21, I got an apartment with wife (then girlfriend). At 24 we built our home that we live in now. We plan on building/buying our last home within the next 3-5 years. We want to be settled in before our oldest daughter gets to junior high.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I have moved 19 times in my life.
That includes during college and such.

Our current house and last house, we went in and painted before we moved in. Very good move as it makes painting very easy and you don't have to worry about anything.
Knock it out and then you move in and done.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler

Return to “NDL Extended Absences”