MLB 14 The Show (PS4)

This is the place for all Baseball games played in the NDL.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: MLB 14 The Show (PS4)

Post by The_Niddler »

I am just going to wait till tomorrow when there are thousands of people beating the hell out of their servers trying to download the game.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

justgiver31 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:The game takes 10 years to install after a quick DL. :lol:
Yeah that a was bit annoying, it took 15-20 mins to do its initial download.

That's because the initial file is 5gb. The file it installs after that is almost 10x that size.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
LytezOut
Reactions:

Post by LytezOut »

jsence2 wrote:
justgiver31 wrote:
BIGmike wrote:The game takes 10 years to install after a quick DL. :lol:
Yeah that a was bit annoying, it took 15-20 mins to do its initial download.

That's because the initial file is 5gb. The file it installs after that is almost 10x that size.

Glad I upgraded my hard drive
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Do we have to keep the game open for it to finish installing?

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

ReignOnU wrote:No idea where to post this... but if someone needs a gamesharing partner, I'll pick up the game. Just let me know what to do/who to pay.

Still looking.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Loving the quick count. Finally got enough installed last night to play a quick game, figured I'd play 5 minutes just to see the visuals. Put it on quick count and flew right through an entire game in 20 minutes, maybe less.

Didn't help that I was rough at the plate and got like 4 hits, so that helped speed things up lol.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I'm up and running, Ryan I will login to online tonight. I left the machine on all night to let it install
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ReignOnU wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:No idea where to post this... but if someone needs a gamesharing partner, I'll pick up the game. Just let me know what to do/who to pay.

Still looking.
I would hold off temporarily until Ted can confirm that gamesharing still works.

Downing went to deactivate his system as primary through the Sony website that allows the gamesharing to work and it told him he had to deactivate it through the system itself.

So Sony may have fixed the loophole that allowed gamesharing to happen, but he is working with Ted to see if Ted can still split it.
We will hopefully know more soon.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Oh, I'm not too concerned about it. I'll just run over to GameStop after work and pick it up. Are there any issues with reselling / trading in?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

No but Gamestop is going away from games so ebay will likely be your best bet for resale in the future.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I still haven't picked the game up. Initial thoughts? Bear in mind I haven't played the Show since 07/08 when I was in Iraq.
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Cnasty wrote:No but Gamestop is going away from games so ebay will likely be your best bet for resale in the future.

What do you mean by going away from games? Just the trade in/reselling? Is there a timeline on this?

I'd google, but I've got to run out for a bit.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

GeorgesGoons wrote:I still haven't picked the game up. Initial thoughts? Bear in mind I haven't played the Show since 07/08 when I was in Iraq.
There were issues with online play last night but they worked on it from 2 - 5 am this morning and seemed to have ironed things out. Watching Bfivl and aj play right now and it looks smooth.
offline play is great and the game looks phenomenal.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

GameStop expects the console gaming space to total $18 billion by the end of 2015, but the specialty retailer has its eyes set on markets much bigger than that. In a presentation at GameStop's 2014 Investor Day yesterday, CEO Paul Raines heralded the dawn of what he called GameStop 3.0, a new phase of the company's lifespan that will see it aggressively expand its footprint into gaming-adjacent tech fields.

The two biggest fields GameStop is pursuing right now are mobile and Apple devices. While it already buys back smartphones and tablets at its GameStop locations, the retailer is focusing more on stand-alone chains to do the same: the AT&T-branded chain Spring Mobile and Apple retailer Simply Mac.

At the same time GameStop is pushing into these new fields, the company plans to scale back its gaming operations slightly. In the current fiscal year, the company expects to shutter somewhere between 120 and 130 of its 6,457 gaming retail locations worldwide.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

The_Niddler wrote:While it already buys back smartphones and tablets at its GameStop locations
Other than eBay, this is the best place to trade phones, best value out there, especially when they're running those promotionals that give you an extra 20-30% on trades.

After the S4 came out, I traded an S2, and got $190 for it.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

ReignOnU wrote:
Cnasty wrote:No but Gamestop is going away from games so ebay will likely be your best bet for resale in the future.

What do you mean by going away from games? Just the trade in/reselling? Is there a timeline on this?

I'd google, but I've got to run out for a bit.
They are concentrating more on cell phones and the mobile device arena.

The stores are closing down little by little or being reformatted for the mobile device sales.

120 stores are planned for closure already with more possible.

If no planned closures in your area, you should be good for trading and such. I always use Ebay for games to resell as I have gotten like $45 on a $60 PS4 game. I dont really buy games anymore and only plan to purchase the Show as the only game anytime soon.

Gamefly is so good for me that I dont see the reason to purchase games anymore at this time unless it is like a franchise type thing going on with the Show.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:as I have gotten like $45 on a $60 PS4 game
Didn't you get $60 for NBA2K or something like that right after you got it? :lol:
Cnasty wrote:Gamefly is so good for me
How much and how many games at a time?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I do one game at a time, $15.

I got $50 for Need for Speed, $55 for Assasins Creed, and like $45 for Ghosts after I did that Target buy 2 get 1 free thing.

I am sure the prices have come down but even if you can get $40 on a $60 you are blowing Gamestop away for what they give you.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I played a little in an exhibition game last night. Are there tutorial modes? every time I made a play from the shortstop is was a "Jeter" throw. Had a struggle with the pitching. The fluctuating circle kills me, I couldn't pitch when the circle was at a minimum to save my life. The graphics are freaking amazing.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

cougnix wrote:I played a little in an exhibition game last night. Are there tutorial modes? every time I made a play from the shortstop is was a "Jeter" throw. Had a struggle with the pitching. The fluctuating circle kills me, I couldn't pitch when the circle was at a minimum to save my life. The graphics are freaking amazing.
use pitchiing meter

Return to “Baseball”