PGA Tour 2k21

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: PGA Tour 2k21

Post by ReignOnU »

DRiccio21 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:49 am really looking forward to taking off the kid gloves next season. everyone is clearly good enough at this point where we don't need to be playing these settings with the power bar and stuff.

been fun to play the game again. i probably wouldn't be playing anything at all if not for NDL having a league
Is the plan to go exactly like TGC CC Tours settings? I feel like I should get ahead of it and start practicing so I can get my 5 putts down to 3 putts.
PSN: ReignOnU
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:08 pm Your scores won’t change much at all after about a week of getting used to it, I’m fairly certain of that.

The best guys will still be the best, it’s just gives it a more sim feeling imo
I think the next step is going from Pro-Am to Pro with the same settings we have now

That'll be the way I go in the Beer League.

I still want it to be fun, I don't want to go out there and shoot a 9 or 10 on every damn hole. I won't last a week to get it down playing like that, 2 or 3 rounds and I'll retire the game completely or stick with my own league. The TGCTours is the place to go if you want a ream sim experience is my thought process
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

ReignOnU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:48 pm
DRiccio21 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:49 am really looking forward to taking off the kid gloves next season. everyone is clearly good enough at this point where we don't need to be playing these settings with the power bar and stuff.

been fun to play the game again. i probably wouldn't be playing anything at all if not for NDL having a league
Is the plan to go exactly like TGC CC Tours settings? I feel like I should get ahead of it and start practicing so I can get my 5 putts down to 3 putts.
I won't do that in the Beer League. Probably go to Pro settings after this season
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I see... I think I'd like to get to TGC Tours level of play. This game is great for filling in gaps between conference calls or just firing it up when I have to sit in on calls and not have my camera on.

Maybe I'll setup side society and anyone can feel free to jump in and test out the settings/practice.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

ReignOnU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:48 pm

I have no idea… I was speaking out of turn… this isn’t my thing, I mentioned to AJ that we should attempt to get to those settings as that’s essentially default sim play at this point being that’s the most commonly used league for TGC.

I know he was open to gradually working on getting the settings more sim and that’s why he changed a few things this season.

Just seeing the scores you guys are putting up it’s really not going to change much. You’ll probably become a better putter imo rather than worse. I “knew” my putting pace when I used to play TGC all the time but with the power bar I just figure I should be using that and it messes w me quite a bit as I don’t use the same calculations on how far to move right or left as when I’m doing it by feel. I usually putt a lot firmer without the power bar and with the bar I leave a lot of things right at the hole or slightly off
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Look at that Dave..speaking out of turn.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Kind of as I thought... 2K's explanations kind of suck if you think in real golf terms.

This is how I'd explain it...
Left Stick - Controls the shape of your shot... that's the launch angle up/down and the ball flight left/right.
Note: If you hit a high fade (right hander moving the ball left to right) using JUST the Left Stick for setup, you will naturally get less spin. If you hit a draw, you'll naturally get more spin. So there is a spin element to shot shaping with the left stick.)

Right Stick - Controls the "extra" spin... it's EA's way of having a separate spin mechanic

Also, you can visually see the difference in the lower/higher launch angles from the Left Stick adjustments; Hardly any difference with the Right Stick

(If you're bored)
Test Result Averages w/PW:
Standard Shot: 120 carry, 3 roll, 123 total

Left Up, Right Neutral: 132 carry, 12 roll, 144 total
Left Neutral, Right Up: 131 carry, 8 roll, 139 total
Left Up, Right Up: 125 carry, 20 roll, 145 total

Left Down, Right Neutral: 121 carry, 3 roll, 124 total
Left Neutral, Right Down: 122 carry 1 roll, 123 total
Left Down, Right Down: 117 carry, 1 roll, 118 total
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Side note... the wind started at a 12mph R to L, with a slight head. By the time I got to down adjustments, it was a direct R to L at 6-7mph. That's why the "downs" look so close to the Standard Shot I first tested.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I really need to rethink my game. I've had both sticks backwards this whole time
ImageImageImage
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Shoutout moving up settings tho. Stroke limit here I come!
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:10 pm Shoutout moving up settings tho. Stroke limit here I come!
You should try it once. We did it for one tournament and it was horrible! I was shooting 8-10 on every hole as a "par" and my bogies were 11-13 and even worse for double bogies. Was not enjoyable at all. I quit after 7 or 8 holes.
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

just so everyone is aware, i have scheduled the rest of this season.

enjoy
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Appreciate it
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Challenging elevation variation on this course.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I struggled like a mofo on this course. +1, E, -5 I believe were the scores on this course. Haven't played in a week and it really showed.
ImageImageImage
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Flop shots are trash
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

AJ, if you want a tough course you should add Great Viper Valley
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

this season is filled out but i will add it to next years rotation

thanks
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

I’ve never had a hole-in-one on this game until just now. Hole #2 on the current Country Club course
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

nice

Return to “Golf”