PGA Tour 2k21

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: PGA Tour 2k21

Post by shel311 »

Feels like putting would be darn near impossible without the meter.

From what I've noticed, if you have the perfect line but miss your meter by just a couple of percentage points, you're missing the shot. Now imagine that but without the meter.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I putted way better in the last version without the meter to where every swing was a full swing and you just had to decide how far back to pull the putter. I actually liked it way better.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

wdoupis wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:54 am I putted way better in the last version without the meter to where every swing was a full swing and you just had to decide how far back to pull the putter. I actually liked it way better.
I think if the meter is off, it has to be more forgiving or I don't see how putting well would even be possible from what I've seen in messing around with putting.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Finally got the game. Stopped at Walmart last night to pick some stuff up and they didn't have it. Tried GameStop and they were closed. Had to go to Walmart again today and that store didn't have it. Tried a different GameStop and they said all stores in Omaha are out. Figured I'd try one last time at Target, they had 3 discs left. Now to see if I can wrestle my son away from his PS4 so I can fire it up
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

shel311 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:57 am
wdoupis wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:54 am I putted way better in the last version without the meter to where every swing was a full swing and you just had to decide how far back to pull the putter. I actually liked it way better.
I think if the meter is off, it has to be more forgiving or I don't see how putting well would even be possible from what I've seen in messing around with putting.
I finally went and turned off the meter and it so much better for me. I just swing and don’t think about my tempo is so much more smooth like last years game
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:15 pm I finally went and turned off the meter and it so much better for me. I just swing and don’t think about my tempo is so much more smooth like last years game
yea, I think that's it.

It has to be a bit more forgiving. The meter obviously makes things easier but to try to combat that, you have to be absolutely perfect with maybe 1% of wiggle room to make a 10+ foot putt.

I think if you turn the meter off, the balancing effect is it's tougher because you don't have the meter, but it's likely more forgiving if you don't hit your backswing down to the very exact % to get a putt in line.

I may give that whirl and turn off the meter as well.

With the meter off, are those 5 foot putts still super fast where you gotta take a really short backswing, comparable to last version?
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Yes it’s all touch ... it takes time to figure out putting ... my swing tempo on driver and irons is exact same as last year which is nice. Wedged is really hard cause it’s harsh if your power is too low on wedges
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

every up swing on the thump stick I go up and to the right. I can pull down fairly smoothly and straight
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

What setting are you playing on ? If you’re a beginner I wouldn’t recommend master
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:08 pm What setting are you playing on ? If you’re a beginner I wouldn’t recommend master
I think I went all the way to the right when it said initial settings...so is that masters? gotta check it out in a bit
ImageImageImage
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Pretty sure pro is highest they give you to start in that option then you have to go into settings to get master
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

DRiccio21 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:53 pm Pretty sure pro is highest they give you to start in that option then you have to go into settings to get master
yep, definitely pro
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Just got my first hole in one on this version... on a 235 yard hole.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

masters or it doesn’t count
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Tgctours qualifier started last night

I went -3 first round. Course isn’t very difficult, greens are a little tricky but nothing crazy

If you want to participate you go to TGCtours and click qualifier and register your user and then join TGC tours special events on the game and then play the rounds.

The qualifier is 2 four round tournies then they compile all the data from the roughly 2500 participants and they break everyone up into the league they fall into based on the results

I use masters clubs, not positive if pro is allowed but check rules before hand as you’ll get DQ’d if you don’t use the right difficulty
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

You guys still enjoying this? I can't wait to get into my own place so I can start playing
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Yes, very much.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

I am finally getting to where I can consistently shoot around +1 or E on master swing so hoping to hop on some online society this week or so.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

wdoupis wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:36 pm I am finally getting to where I can consistently shoot around +1 or E on master swing so hoping to hop on some online society this week or so.
If you are still playing we have a society going
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

yea anyone who wants to play, we have a society called NDL Country Club.

join up and i will admit you

its pretty low key and will be easy for some but we arent above upping the difficulty next season

we are currently in our 2nd season. we usually do 3 tournaments then a 'major'

regular tournaments used to be 2 round and majors 4

we have since upped it to 3 & 4

tourneys are usually open 2-3 days each then on to the next

Return to “Golf”