The Golf Club

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: The Golf Club

Post by dakshdar »

I'm hoping there will be a demo. The game is supposed to be golf "simulation". So some reviews I read were basically people thinking it was great because they shot +15 just like they do in real life. It's intriguing if that's the case but I'm not sure I need to play a golf video game and perform just as well as I do in real life. That's not really the point of a video game (most of the time).
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

I love making my 6 ft 180lb guy on football or NBA and make my guy a 54 overall with my 47 speed and 12 strength to see how I do in the big leagues!

my awareness is off the charts tho!
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

DRiccio21 wrote:I love making my 6 ft 180lb guy on football or NBA and make my guy a 54 overall with my 47 speed and 12 strength to see how I do in the big leagues!

my awareness is off the charts tho!
Deceptive speed?
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

dakshdar wrote:I'm hoping there will be a demo. The game is supposed to be golf "simulation". So some reviews I read were basically people thinking it was great because they shot +15 just like they do in real life. It's intriguing if that's the case but I'm not sure I need to play a golf video game and perform just as well as I do in real life. That's not really the point of a video game (most of the time).
First nine holes I played, I shot a 41, 5 over without messing with any of the advanced settings like loft, fade/draw, etc. Putting is hard, but fair, it's all feel.

Gameshare is still available for $20. I'll post more thoughts as I play.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Shot a -2 on my first full round, made a couple long putts, missed a couple short ones. The load time in between holes non existent, you can play a full round in 15 minutes or less I'd say.

Hoping to mess around with some of other settings tonight.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

What are your thoughts about the game Downing?
good, Bad, must have, could do without?
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Downing11 wrote:Shot a -2 on my first full round, made a couple long putts, missed a couple short ones. The load time in between holes non existent, you can play a full round in 15 minutes or less I'd say.

How does the gameplay/graphics/realism compare to Tiger?
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

The_Niddler wrote:What are your thoughts about the game Downing?
good, Bad, must have, could do without?
I wouldn't call it a must have, but I like it and I've spent $20 ($40 until someone jumps on this gameshare with me, lol) on worse things. The physics seem better than TW. For instance, on say a 30 yard shot, you can pitch it in low and the ball checks up for you, same out of the sand. Putting needs to be spot on with the correct speed, not like TW if you hit the cup at all it will go in. I've lipped out plenty so far.

The interface is a bit different that TW too. When you do shot preview, it doesn't show you where the ball will land, it just shows you the course. There is another option, the circle button, that shows you a layout of the hole with distances so if say you have a dogleg left, you look at the hole to see how far it is the corner and select the correct club.

One other thing is the distance on your drive is 265 so you won't be seeing any 350 yard drives. Their is a course creator that I have not messed around with, but I'm sure somebody who has too much time on their hands will make their version of some real courses to use.

You can also create your our tournament and tour I think, inviting friends or having it open to everyone, still haven't played around with that yet though.

IMO, this is a terrible time to release a golf game with the PGA winding down for the year and football, hockey and basketball about to ramp up and FIFA out in less than a month.

If anyone else decides to get it (krg already does), I'd be happy to run a few events for fun.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

shel311 wrote:
Downing11 wrote:Shot a -2 on my first full round, made a couple long putts, missed a couple short ones. The load time in between holes non existent, you can play a full round in 15 minutes or less I'd say.

How does the gameplay/graphics/realism compare to Tiger?
Graphics are solid. I always thought TW looks a little cartoony, this is better. They have the small details of when the ball hit the fairway and green, it leaves a ball mark, cool little things like that.

The physics of the game are much more real than TW, 4 irons don't check up on the greens and putting is tough, the speed of the putt means something here not like in TW where you just have to hit any part of the hole.
krgkmg
Reactions:

Post by krgkmg »

I agree with everything Downing has said about the game, I do like the way it plays but have shot some incredibly high numbers because of chipping and putting issues that I cannot figure out but am getting better. It is a fun alternative and you can play some quick rounds which is great as well.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Downing is doing a great job of selling me on this game!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I agree.

I am fighting the urge!
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

I just bought it and like it. Very real to me. Not like cartoon shit in tw. Joined tgctours.com. Qualified for champions tour with a 6 round qual school of +31. Lol. I think this is a cool game. There thousands of people in the league. There is an actual pga tour where all the studs play. So the playing field is fair for every level of golfer. You play at your pace. There are dates you have to have the tournaments completed by but nothing is rushed. I like the layout and the courses though not the real name are copied. Aka magnolia national is legit hard!!! It's exactly like Augusta national. Very cool.

Not sure why it took me this long to remember it was out but really like it.
krgkmg
Reactions:

Post by krgkmg »

Great Game and I am on the Champions Tour on TGC as well!
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

This is a ps4 game?
ImageImageImageImage
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:This is a ps4 game?

Yea has been. And was $20 last week during flash sale. I thought about it also, but hadn't heard a lot of reviews on it. I came to the conclusion I was going to wait until EA releases PGA Tour 15. But the few I have seen play it, say this is a decent game.
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

putting is no joke. I like it. %'s and math for sure.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

No calculators allowed on the course. Learn the rules cheater.
PSN: ReignOnU
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:This is a ps4 game?

Yea has been. And was $20 last week during flash sale. I thought about it also, but hadn't heard a lot of reviews on it. I came to the conclusion I was going to wait until EA releases PGA Tour 15. But the few I have seen play it, say this is a decent game.
I'm curious, mainly because of the course designer.

When's the new PGA one?
ImageImageImageImage
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

My first hole in one on The Golf Club.... In a major Tourney 2nd Rd 5th hole at Doral

Return to “Golf”