Daily Country Club Tournaments

This is the place for all Golf games played in the NDL.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Daily Country Club Tournaments

Post by shel311 »

Downing11 wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:Loved those settings at the Masters today. 1st tee, just a minor tweek to the right and it ended in a double. Took a 9 on the next par 3 (stuck in the sand....)

Love the settings on this tourny Downing.....

Impressive -12 too btw.
Thanks, these are the settings that I play in my career. It really takes away any putts from 20 plus feet and makes you stick it close to make birdie, similar to real golf.
What are those settings? Probably similar to mine I'm guessing for the most part.

I go advanced shot shaping, expert swing difficulty, swing meter on, , but still use sticky for the strike meter for now. And green grid on with beads.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

shel311 wrote:
Downing11 wrote:
buckeye76 wrote:Loved those settings at the Masters today. 1st tee, just a minor tweek to the right and it ended in a double. Took a 9 on the next par 3 (stuck in the sand....)

Love the settings on this tourny Downing.....

Impressive -12 too btw.
Thanks, these are the settings that I play in my career. It really takes away any putts from 20 plus feet and makes you stick it close to make birdie, similar to real golf.
What are those settings? Probably similar to mine I'm guessing for the most part.

I go advanced shot shaping, expert swing difficulty, swing meter on, , but still use sticky for the strike meter for now. And green grid on with beads.
Normal shot shape, expert swing difficult, swing meter on (I have tinkered with it off and don't mind it), analog strike meter, greens are no beads.

The swing meter off only really affects putting I think. I usually try and leave myseflf with full shots with my irons, so I try not to get closer than 120.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Downing11 wrote:They key to getting out of the sand is to move the strike meter really low on the ball and still take a full swing. That gets the ball up higher.
It wasn't that I wasn't trying that. It was that I was trying to hit a longer club and just not clearing the lip like an idiot. I should have just tried to lay up. You know. Just like on a real course.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

I liked todays tournament also with the advanced shot shaping and hard swing. I just couldnt sink a putt.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

In honor of how tough Merion is playing for the US Open, I created a tourney starting at midnight for next year's US Open venue, Pinehurst. These settings are very diffcult with things hard, but fair in my opinion while still using the normal shot shaping. Will be curious as to what the scores are.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

I got called for OT today downing, so I ll be here 48hrs. Wont get to try them out. :(
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Loved the settings. Tough but fair, I liked that you didn't need the 15-20 mph winds to make it tough too.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Weasel wrote:Loved the settings. Tough but fair, I liked that you didn't need the 15-20 mph winds to make it tough too.
What did you shoot? I hope to hop on later.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Downing11 wrote:
Weasel wrote:Loved the settings. Tough but fair, I liked that you didn't need the 15-20 mph winds to make it tough too.
What did you shoot? I hope to hop on later.
Weasel and I were on at the same time. He shot, I think, -5 and I was -1. I liked everything except having no measure of the putting stroke. I don't mind the no swing meter on all other shots, but I find it really hard on putts to judge the take back.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Tough settings. I had 3 bogeys, a double and a triple bogey and ended up +1 for the tournament. It could have been a lot worse. I was +4 at the turn and actually got to -1 before bogeying the 17 and 18th.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

I had a very clean round at -7 with no bogeys and 7 birdies. I loved these settings. Without having the swing meter you have to be conscious of keeping the ball below the hole on your approach shots so you can be agressive with your uphill putts. On downhill puts, especially on tournament settings, you have to putt defensive to ensure a 2 putt.

I'm going to put the swing meter back on but turn the green grid completely off. That should allow us to get the speed right, but reading the green should be tougher. We'll see how that goes.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Advanced shot shaping ftw!!!
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

dakshdar wrote:
Downing11 wrote:
What you shoot? I hope to hop on later.
Weasel and I were on at the same time. He shot, I think, -5 and I was -1. I liked everything except having no measure of the putting stroke. I don't mind the no swing meter on all other shots, but I find it really hard on putts to judge the take back.
I thought the toughest part was judging distance inside of 115 yds with the wedge. Figuring out how far back to swing was tricky and missed a couple greens because of it. I finished with I believe 7 birds and a double bogie
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Downing11 wrote:I had a very clean round at -7 with no bogeys and 7 birdies. I loved these settings. Without having the swing meter you have to be conscious of keeping the ball below the hole on your approach shots so you can be agressive with your uphill putts. On downhill puts, especially on tournament settings, you have to putt defensive to ensure a 2 putt.

I'm going to put the swing meter back on but turn the green grid completely off. That should allow us to get the speed right, but reading the green should be tougher. We'll see how that goes.
Not my best round, shot +6 but had a blast with these settings and felt I earned every birdie and par that I made. It is very difficult to get anything close without the wind speed, tournament speed greens and these tight pins and without the green grid I was reading the correct break, just not how much/little. I know these settings will never make it for the league but I'll probably be using something similar for the open days when we don't have a league scheduled.

Once you play it, let me know what you think.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Another huge part if the green grid being off is on approach shots not knowing where to land the ball and have it feed to the hole. Again making it tough to get approach shots close.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Downing11 wrote: Once you play it, let me know what you think.
I had a good time with these settings. I was -1 going into 16 and took a triple bogey. Using the right stick to control where to hit the ball screwed me 3 times on that hole. I'd move it just a hair every time I did my swing and it completely threw my shot off. I missed a couple putts I should have made and made a couple I should have missed. I drained 24 and 30 ft putts but missed a 4 footer.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

Downing11 wrote:Another huge part if the green grid being off is on approach shots not knowing where to land the ball and have it feed to the hole. Again making it tough to get approach shots close.
You can read that also. When you are in shot preview you can pull down on L3 and see the contour of the area where the ball is supposed to be landing.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

OracleHCR wrote:
Downing11 wrote:Another huge part if the green grid being off is on approach shots not knowing where to land the ball and have it feed to the hole. Again making it tough to get approach shots close.
You can read that also. When you are in shot preview you can pull down on L3 and see the contour of the area where the ball is supposed to be landing.
Ahh, interesting. I'll have to try that.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

I put some new dailies and a weekly out there for this week if anyone is interested.

Return to “Golf”