Alienation

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Alienation

Post by dakshdar »

Twin-stick shooter from the developer that created Dead Nation, Resogun, and (most recently) Nex Machina.

Plays very much like Dead Nation but with a sci-fi theme and more RPG/Loot/Skill development. You pick up weapons, armor, and "cores" (which can be used to enhance certain parts of the weapon or armors) and you gain skill points as you advance in levels. I have not idea what is going on in the game itself - I'm guessing it is just "Kill these aliens". Feels like a Starship Troopers style experience as there are typically many enemies rushing you but most are easy to kill. You can switch between a main weapon(rifle), secondary weapon (shotgun, handgun, etc), and utility weapon (minigun, launcher) as well as an explosive/thrown weapon option and then skills. Three classes to choose from. Can play solo or jump into any open online co-op game. You can leave your game "open" if you don't mind people joining. There is a way for them to join and go against you (try to kill you I think) but I haven't seen that happen yet.

Picked this up on a PSN sale before Halloween ($7.99 I think). Good chance it goes free on PS Plus one day like the other games from this developer - but it is a nice game, smooth fun gameplay fun weapons, various difficulty levels.

Interestingly, the developer has announced they are done with twin-stick shooters. Nex Machina was their last game (it was billed as a cross between the old Smash TV from NES days and something else). Their games are highly rated but don't sell well - some think that because they often go to PS Plus that people don't buy them. The developer is going to go into other game type development. This style game almost doesn't have any other company developing it on the market today.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Alienation

Post by GeorgesGoons »

What exactly is a twin stick shooter?
ImageImageImage
dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: Alienation

Post by dakshdar »

You use both of the analog sticks in the game - one controls which direction you're walking or moving, the other which direction you're shooting. Your shooting direction is often marked by a short laser like vector/line.

I'm sure you've played a game with this mechanic.

https://www.50gameslike.com/best-games- ... -stick/ps4

Return to “Shooters”