Fortnite Battle Royale

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Fortnite Battle Royale

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:Get that down and you can win a fight or two.
Except for that shooting issue.

But yea, that's probably the best advice. I honestly just always forget and end up with meeting up with a dude who immediately starts building like crazy and I'm just standing out in the open lol.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:Get that down and you can win a fight or two.
Except for that shooting issue.

But yea, that's probably the best advice. I honestly just always forget and end up with meeting up with a dude who immediately starts building like crazy and I'm just standing out in the open lol.

AR and Shotgun. Don’t lay the hammer down on the AR. Just controlled pops.

That will be 20 bucks.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Really enjoying this season. Best map layout. Planes and zip lines are solid additions.

Epic getting sued by a rapper, Carlton , and a back pack kid for stealing their dances. Pretty sure they will move to nothing but generic dances after a good run of stealing from pop culture.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Are we really in a world where dances are protected under some type of trademark? That seems silly.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

shel311 wrote:Are we really in a world where dances are protected under some type of trademark? That seems silly.

It would fall under intellectual copyright I would guess. If a person can prove they created it, then I see their case. Lot of money epic has made off those emotes.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:It would fall under intellectual copyright I would guess. If a person can prove they created it, then I see their case.
I saw an article on this tonight.

They showed an old article where Carlton from Fresh Prince said he got the dance from that Bruce Springsteen/Courtney Cox video, and then this random 2012 YouTube video of a bunch of white dudes in dress clothes dancing, and one of them clearly doing the backpack kid's dance.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote:
shel311 wrote:Are we really in a world where dances are protected under some type of trademark? That seems silly.

It would fall under intellectual copyright I would guess. If a person can prove they created it, then I see their case. Lot of money epic has made off those emotes.
say goodbye to your karaoke places then. It's people (companies) paying homage to your "brilliance"
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
BFiVL wrote:

say goodbye to your karaoke places then. It's people (companies) paying homage to your "brilliance"

Bands doing cover songs and Karaoke don’t fall under that. I’m sure that karaoke cds and programs pay royalties to original artists.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:It would fall under intellectual copyright I would guess. If a person can prove they created it, then I see their case.
I saw an article on this tonight.

They showed an old article where Carlton from Fresh Prince said he got the dance from that Bruce Springsteen/Courtney Cox video, and then this random 2012 YouTube video of a bunch of white dudes in dress clothes dancing, and one of them clearly doing the backpack kid's dance.

It’s an interesting case for sure. I mean would be hard to argue that Epic didn’t lift a ton of their emotes. They got cowbell from SNl. techno Viking, a dance from Dumb and Dumber, Napoleon Dynamite. That’s just off top of my head. They been really generic lately with dances in item shop.

https://youtu.be/-vyY4reqvWM
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

With pulling in over $100-$200mil a month, this will go away pretty quickly with some hush money.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Got a couple of questions here.

I have 2 Epic accounts. One of them does not have a paid Season Pass. My kids and I have been able to all play on that same account at the same time together between the Switch/XBox/PS4.

I also have 1 Season Pass account on the XBox. So I tried to do the same with connecting it to all 3, and my questions are:

1. The bigger issue, if I'm signed in on the Xbox to the season pass account, the minute I tried to also sign into the same account on the Switch, it kicks me out. Is that because of having the season pass since it doesn't happen on my other account? Any way around that?

2. THe answer may be the same as above but I'm struggling to connect my Season Pass account to my PS4 and reading that you can't connect to the PS4 AND other accounts, but again, I have a non-paid Epic account that connects to all 3 consoles and can play simultaneously.

Are the answers to both my questions involving Season Pass, or is there some way around it to have multiple season pass accounts playing simultaneously on up to 3 consoles?
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

It’s early so let me make sure I’m following. I would assume you can only be signed in to that account one at a time. That’s what’s kicking you.

Between 5 devices me and my boys have 4 epic accounts. When the kids are with me I have two PS4s and a Xbox. Each of us have our own accounts. When they are with their mother, they have a PS4 and they use the same PS4 account they use at mine with no problem and it has the season pass. They also have a separate IPad account.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

If I’m not mistaken they just started account mergers and that will help. I don’t think passes carried over to different consoles.

But I don’t think you will be able to play on that same account at the same time regardless. New season starts in a few weeks. Spend the 10 bucks for both. :D

https://fortniteintel.com/fortnite-acco ... ion/11686/
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:But I don’t think you will be able to play on that same account at the same time regardless.
I assumed I would be able to because we've played all 3 of us on the same account on 3 consoles...but I guess the difference was that account did not have the paid season pass.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:But I don’t think you will be able to play on that same account at the same time regardless.
I assumed I would be able to because we've played all 3 of us on the same account on 3 consoles...but I guess the difference was that account did not have the paid season pass.

You all played at same time on same account?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:
shel311 wrote:

You all played at same time on same account?
Yes, 100% certain because we've done it a bunch of times running around with the same exact skins, 3 little Shel311 guys running around dying a whole lot lol. And I only have 2 accounts. And my Switch and PS4 only use 1 Epic account, the same account. Then the XBox is the 3rd console for the same account, and the only difference being the XBox does have 2 accounts with the 2nd being the paid account.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

That’s a crazy math word problem right there if I have ever seen one.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

That’s crazy odd. So when y’all squad up the entire squad is shel311. Didn’t think that was possible. I do know that my kids have season pass and same login/account on 2 different PS4s and it works. I guess it may be a cross console issue then.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:That’s crazy odd. So when y’all squad up the entire squad is shel311.
Correct, but that's the free account.

I figured I could do it on my other account that has hte season pass, so it can be easier to tier up if they're always on that account, but the moment I tried it, as soon as the 2nd person hopped on, it would kick the other person out.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:That’s crazy odd. So when y’all squad up the entire squad is shel311.
Correct, but that's the free account.

I figured I could do it on my other account that has hte season pass, so it can be easier to tier up if they're always on that account, but the moment I tried it, as soon as the 2nd person hopped on, it would kick the other person out.

I just have 3 different names on the 3 different systems with 3 battle passes. Every man for themselves. Rank up or don’t. Also works well when they enter in Vbucks. They don’t have to share so no more fighting when one wants a skin and the other doesn’t.

Return to “Shooters”