Destiny 2

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Destiny 2

Post by dakshdar »

Fun so far, I see a few people have it.

Can't for the life of me figure out how to browse or look for a clan, but maybe that's only something you do after reaching 20?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Re: Destiny 2

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Just play with BigMike, he enjoys yelling at people
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Just play with BigMike, he enjoys yelling at people

Bigmike is MLG brah. He expects excellence. So do the major bags of douche he plays with
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:Just play with BigMike, he enjoys yelling at people

Bigmike is MLG brah. He expects excellence. So do the major bags of douche he plays with
I'm there to take the bullets and keep the bad guys off the shooters. I know my role
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Fun game but a grind. Completed game with one character. Halfway with another. Haven't started 3rd character yet. Not as bad of a grind as the first game for sure.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

BFiVL wrote:Fun game but a grind. Completed game with one character. Halfway with another. Haven't started 3rd character yet. Not as bad of a grind as the first game for sure.
I have it, don't play enough
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

BFiVL wrote:Fun game but a grind. Completed game with one character. Halfway with another. Haven't started 3rd character yet. Not as bad of a grind as the first game for sure.
It seems pretty quick, and with level cap at 20 for the base game I can see having all three classes easily to level within the first 6 weeks even with limited play time - I'm trying to save some items that are worth passing down to other classes to help boost them along a little quicker rather than relying on finding the next rare weapon each time. I think they said 3 months (December) to the first DLC?

I haven't gotten to 20 with my first character - following some of what is going on in the story is actually confusing me. Having four opposing factions makes it feel overly complicated.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

dakshdar wrote:
It seems pretty quick, and with level cap at 20 for the base game I can see having all three classes easily to level within the first 6 weeks even with limited play time - I'm trying to save some items that are worth passing down to other classes to help boost them along a little quicker rather than relying on finding the next rare weapon each time. I think they said 3 months (December) to the first DLC?

I haven't gotten to 20 with my first character - following some of what is going on in the story is actually confusing me. Having four opposing factions makes it feel overly complicated.
The story line in both games is piss poor IMO
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Maybe 2 hours tops for story line for sure. Strikes, nightfalls, and raids are were they count on replay. The grind is forever.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

BFiVL wrote:Maybe 2 hours tops for story line for sure. Strikes, nightfalls, and raids are were they count on replay. The grind is forever.
Love the Raids and Nightfalls, strikes etc. The single player half the time I am not even paying attention when they are talking.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Granted I just wasted points from my credit card converted to money on the PSN to buy this game combined with the season pass when it came out, but pretty disappointed in it overall. Didn't hold my attention nearly as long as the original Destiny and haven't even had the itch to go and do anything since the first DLC came out. Pretty big waste of $90 in PSN credit at this point.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

dakshdar wrote:Granted I just wasted points from my credit card converted to money on the PSN to buy this game combined with the season pass when it came out, but pretty disappointed in it overall. Didn't hold my attention nearly as long as the original Destiny and haven't even had the itch to go and do anything since the first DLC came out. Pretty big waste of $90 in PSN credit at this point.
Feel the same exact way about COD
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

dakshdar wrote:Granted I just wasted points from my credit card converted to money on the PSN to buy this game combined with the season pass when it came out, but pretty disappointed in it overall. Didn't hold my attention nearly as long as the original Destiny and haven't even had the itch to go and do anything since the first DLC came out. Pretty big waste of $90 in PSN credit at this point.
Fortnite is where its at Dak
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

There is a good chance I'm done buying just released $60+ games. My backlog is huge, so many good games to play, and those pricey games always end up coming down to sub-$30 within a year (if even that long).

I've also found that I'm not too interested in playing the multiplayer, same every night, type game anymore (which I'd imagine Fortnite is like). I've likely gone from old man Joe to ancient man Joe in this respect - been playing through a game, finishing it, and then looking for the next experience.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

dakshdar wrote:There is a good chance I'm done buying just released $60+ games. My backlog is huge, so many good games to play, and those pricey games always end up coming down to sub-$30 within a year (if even that long).

I've also found that I'm not too interested in playing the multiplayer, same every night, type game anymore (which I'd imagine Fortnite is like). I've likely gone from old man Joe to ancient man Joe in this respect - been playing through a game, finishing it, and then looking for the next experience.

Fortnight is the best game on PS4. So simple yet so frustrating. Most team oriented game I have played which makes for old school fights and butt hurt between us which is great.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

They really screwed the pooch on this one. The gun play is crisp as it is with every Bungie game, but the end game and content is totally lackluster. They claim they are going to try to right ship in the coming months, but I can’t see them delivering.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

BIGmike wrote:They really screwed the pooch on this one. The gun play is crisp as it is with every Bungie game, but the end game and content is totally lackluster. They claim they are going to try to right ship in the coming months, but I can’t see them delivering.
them righting the ship is simply giving us stuff they already had in Destiny 1. Some of the things they took out were just bad decisions.

I guess at the end of the day there was no real "reason" to keep doing anything

Return to “Shooters”