Tom Clancy The Division Beta

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
jsence2
Reactions:

Tom Clancy The Division Beta

Post by jsence2 »

The beta opens tomorrow, you can get it by pre-ordering the game. A ton of people are going to Gamestop, getting the code, and then cancelling the pre-order.

I'll be pre-ordering tonight

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
cougnix
Reactions:

Re: Tom Clancy The Division Beta

Post by cougnix »

Xbox is tomorrow, PS is Friday
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Curious about the reviews.
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

A couple popular Twitch gamers are raving about it. All of them seem to be claiming PC playability is far better than console right now. It wasn't really on my radar because I'm (im)patiently waiting for Overwatch, but I have a feeling I'm going to grab this for PC.
PSN: ReignOnU
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

This game has been touted forever and I hope it doesn't flop as the premise, setting, and gameplay look phenomenal.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Anyone have time to try it yet?
ImageImage

ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

pre ordering tonight
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

I'm going to give it a quick run through this afternoon before the high school hoops...
ImageImage

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I'm curious about the online play. I don't do much in the way of story modes any more.
ImageImageImage
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:I'm curious about the online play. I don't do much in the way of story modes any more.

It's.....interesting.

The first thing I noticed is that it's given me migraines. I've sat down to play it twice, and both times I got a migraine from eye strain. It's a very detailed world but it's hard to make things out at times.

You really have to be strategic in your movement and how you engage enemies. If you rush in, you're gonna die. You really have to utilize cover and the cover movement system.

For many of the larger number groups, you'll either need much better weapons or you'll need help.

Online is interesting in the beta. It's a sandbox type world (think GTA online) with random enemies you'll engage, and then you'll either work with people or they'll become "rogue" which means there's a bounty on their heads. I already encountered spawn camping people so that sucks, they're gonna need to prevent that (only a few places you can spawn, all are known).

All in all, I'm not sure I'm going to get it. I really wish I could've done more in the single player than what we were exposed to, but it's fun and challenging. It's a strategy third person shooting game vs your normal first person shooter.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

jsence2 wrote: It's a strategy third person shooting game vs your normal first person shooter.
That is enough for me. Not a fan of 3rd person shooters
ImageImageImage
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Open Beta next weekend... 2/19 through 2/21.

I've watched a lot of game play on it and I think I'm going to give it a shot next weekend. (on PC)
PSN: ReignOnU
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

In almost level 20, game is awesome and I am certainly never going back to destiny which is a shame.

I give the game a 9.5/10. Only thing about the game that I've seen a flaw in is that the sound cuts in and out at random times.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

packsyd2284 wrote:In almost level 20, game is awesome and I am certainly never going back to destiny which is a shame.

I give the game a 9.5/10. Only thing about the game that I've seen a flaw in is that the sound cuts in and out at random times.
Did you download the game, or are you using a disc?
ImageImage

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Was it worth all the hype from the last couple years?

Is it Uncharted like being its 3rd person?

I havent played the PS4 in a very long time but this game looked fantastic back in the day during the previews and such.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Cnasty wrote:Was it worth all the hype from the last couple years?

Is it Uncharted like being its 3rd person?

I havent played the PS4 in a very long time but this game looked fantastic back in the day during the previews and such.
IGN rated it 6.7 or something like that, but I think that's because it has had some ranking bugs and loot table issues. I really like it, but I haven't had enough time to really put into it. People have gotten to rank 30 very quickly, but there is a lot to do. It has a similar feel as Uncharted as far as the 3rd person. I'm not sure what others think, but I'm probably going to get Season Pass for it.
ImageImage

Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I don't care about rankings if that involves online as I am just interested in the campaign and how good it actually is.It won't compete with the Uncharteds of the world but it made me think of it due to story and 3rd person action.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Cnasty wrote:I don't care about rankings if that involves online as I am just interested in the campaign and how good it actually is.It won't compete with the Uncharteds of the world but it made me think of it due to story and 3rd person action.
I meant character leveling. It is more like GTA than it is a campaign. It isn't necessarily sequential in that respect. It is also similar to Destiny in the leveling and gun acquisition, it is random and you have loot that you find. There are random encounters, and there are items and quests that pop up based on map location.
ImageImage

packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Cnasty wrote:I don't care about rankings if that involves online as I am just interested in the campaign and how good it actually is.It won't compete with the Uncharteds of the world but it made me think of it due to story and 3rd person action.
If you are looking for an awesome story mode it may not be completely your cup of tea. The game play is Uncharted/GTAish and then the leveling and crafting/abilities etc is like Destiny or a World of Warcraft type game. You are always online but do not have to do any type of player vs player if you do not want to. There is A TON to do as far as single player and if you are struggling with the missions you can match make with other people online to do certain missions.

Kind of shocked IGN rated the game so low......that is strange to me.

Also coug I am using a disc but my friends who downloaded it are having the same sound issues as myself. An easy bug fix I am sure.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks fellas.

Return to “Shooters”