Tom Clancy The Division Beta

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Re: Tom Clancy The Division Beta

Post by packsyd2284 »

Cnasty wrote:That makes a lot more sense. Thanks fellas.
The gameplay alone and graphics engine is worth the buy for me Corey. I own four games so I am very picky what I like to buy. Once MLB The Show comes out though I may be done playing the Division for a while as I am in two leagues for that. :lol: :lol:
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

packsyd2284 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:I don't care about rankings if that involves online as I am just interested in the campaign and how good it actually is.It won't compete with the Uncharteds of the world but it made me think of it due to story and 3rd person action.
If you are looking for an awesome story mode it may not be completely your cup of tea. The game play is Uncharted/GTAish and then the leveling and crafting/abilities etc is like Destiny or a World of Warcraft type game. You are always online but do not have to do any type of player vs player if you do not want to. There is A TON to do as far as single player and if you are struggling with the missions you can match make with other people online to do certain missions.

Kind of shocked IGN rated the game so low......that is strange to me.

Also coug I am using a disc but my friends who downloaded it are having the same sound issues as myself. An easy bug fix I am sure.
I have disc also and noticed it, was wondering about the digital.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

This game isn't great, it's borderline to not even good. I'm just a level 8. My thoughts so far: This running all over the goddamn city is for the birds. Could they not at least give you a bicycle or something? The JTF are worse shots than storm troopers and the baddies would all be high level walking dead survivors with their shooting skills. The missions are pretty fun when you have good people to do them with. Head shots are worthless unless you are using a single shot rifle. Even when you use a suppressor, the rioters know exactly where you are immediately after you shoot and they never lose your location. The story is meh. Good idea, not that good execution. I'm trying to give it a legit chance, but it has to get much better really quickly.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Agree to disagree. I enjoy it, reminds me of the SOCOM days in the NDL.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

needs better spawn point for when you're running solo at higher levels
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

ajalves wrote:needs better spawn point for when you're running solo at higher levels
Spawn points are ridiculous. When you die in the middle of action and bleed out, you respawn in the middle of baddies. Instant death most of the time.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

cougnix wrote:
ajalves wrote:needs better spawn point for when you're running solo at higher levels
Spawn points are ridiculous. When you die in the middle of action and bleed out, you respawn in the middle of baddies. Instant death most of the time.
More like you respawn 12 miles away in a random safehouse.....
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

sixpackdan101 wrote:
cougnix wrote:
Yea that is why I make sure to be extremely careful about dying, lol.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

sixpackdan101 wrote:
cougnix wrote:
yea
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

From IGN's review:
"But as full as the world is of eerily beautiful sights to see, it is equally devoid of worthwhile things to do. Imagine an open-world game with hardly any dynamic elements, or worse, a long-dead MMO where you and a handful of party members (should you invite folks along for some co-op) are the only people left on your server. That’s a solid approximation of how engaging of a play-space The Division’s Manhattan is."

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. When you're doing something besides running down the street, it is pretty fun. The problem is that you're running down the street more than you are doing anything else.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

autiger730 wrote:From IGN's review:
"But as full as the world is of eerily beautiful sights to see, it is equally devoid of worthwhile things to do. Imagine an open-world game with hardly any dynamic elements, or worse, a long-dead MMO where you and a handful of party members (should you invite folks along for some co-op) are the only people left on your server. That’s a solid approximation of how engaging of a play-space The Division’s Manhattan is."

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. When you're doing something besides running down the street, it is pretty fun. The problem is that you're running down the street more than you are doing anything else.
That just isn't true at all.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

you might not agree, but to say it isn't true at all is a stretch
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

packsyd2284 wrote:
autiger730 wrote:From IGN's review:

That just isn't true at all.
If you enjoy running down empty streets in a virtual environment, then yeah, it isn't true.....for you.
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Going rogue with a group is pretty fun, especially once you activate a man hunt. With that said the game is very grind heavy, much more so than Destiny. If you enjoy games like Diablo and Destiny you'll have a pretty good time with The Division.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

BIGmike wrote:Going rogue with a group is pretty fun, especially once you activate a man hunt. With that said the game is very grind heavy, much more so than Destiny. If you enjoy games like Diablo and Destiny you'll have a pretty good time with The Division.
Exactly my thoughts.

As far as running down the street you only have to do it once when you're on your way to a mission after that you can fast travel.

Also the higher level you become (I am 21) the more encounters there are thus you don't have to run as much and can do all the side missions and encounters, which is why I said that isn't completely true.

Not sure what levels you guys are but that is what I have found so far.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

This game has gone dirt cheap. You can pick up a copy for under $15 now. They released Patch 1.4 which (I hadn't played before it so this is hearsay) apparently changed quite a bit. Online player numbers went back to release time period levels. Patch 1.5 is apparently hitting PS4 this week.

I enjoy clearing out all the side missions and encounters in an area before moving on. It's been a fun game for a cheap entry fee - moreso than Destiny to me because I like the cover system and weapon system better in TC games. The only critique I have thus far is that it feels like a marksman/sniper rifle is required as one of your two guns - though maybe I haven't explored enough to see what could replace it. It is hard to tell if the DPS numbers when comparing dis-similar weapon types are misleading.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Picked this up for $9.99 last week on amazon.

Finishing up Life is Strange before jumping in.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

1.09 update on PS4 broke my game yesterday. I had to delete the entire install and install fresh with a single update file overnight.

Return to “Shooters”