Star Wars Battlefront

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by ReignOnU »

packsyd2284 wrote:
dakshdar wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:
dakshdar wrote:At least once a week my wife comes out to the living room to find me passed out at 1 am on the couch, PS4 controller still in hand, game screen still on. Happened last night. I think I remember about 10 minutes of play time around 10:30 and nothing after that.

Explains why you weren't logged into Battle.net all night. :-)

Pretty sure you spend the most time of all of my bnet friends logged in... and playing nothing.
I've always got the Battle.net desktop app up and running, so I appear logged in whenever the computer isn't hibernating.

D3 is still my gaming drug of choice (by far over all my PS4 time) and I'm often on for that hour or so each night that I get free to play something. I am a little tired of this season of Diablo though so I haven't been on much lately. I saw you re-appeared on WoW around the time of Blizzcon this year I think.
i have 2 level 85 characters (Paladin and Rogue) that have sat untouched on WoW for many years. Hell for all I know they have been deleted. Makes me sad all the man hours I wasted on that damn game.
Most of my play happens after my wife & kids are asleep. I'd be up watching west coast basketball anyway (it's still on while I play). The big thing with games for me is that they can't interfere with family life.

The game is so different from when you last played... and it's going to undergo even more changes next summer. With that said, they've implemented a system that allows you to freely recall any character (I think at least lvl 20) that you've ever had. Obviously that was an effort to bring back old players. (combined with level boosts)
PSN: ReignOnU
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Hearthstone has an addictive quality. I fight the demons to install it on the iPad.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Cnasty wrote:Hearthstone has an addictive quality. I fight the demons to install it on the iPad.

I actually stream games sometimes while I'm working. I was a big poker guy about 10 years ago and the strategy at the higher levels is like that on steroids. Numbers are much more dynamic. Interesting enough, a few high level poker players (Negreanu, Grospellier, David Williams among others) play the game quite a bit. It also sounds like they've been giving advice for current sponsored Hearthstone player to venture into poker full-time.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It's just so well done from the flow, to the layout, to the ease of picking it up and enjoying it.

It's not even my realm of what I normally like but it is fantastic.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

ReignOnU wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Hearthstone has an addictive quality. I fight the demons to install it on the iPad.

I actually stream games sometimes while I'm working. I was a big poker guy about 10 years ago and the strategy at the higher levels is like that on steroids. Numbers are much more dynamic. Interesting enough, a few high level poker players (Negreanu, Grospellier, David Williams among others) play the game quite a bit. It also sounds like they've been giving advice for current sponsored Hearthstone player to venture into poker full-time.
Its along the same lines as Magic the Gathering and a lot of those high level MTG players now play Poker professionally.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

ReignOnU wrote:
dakshdar wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:
dakshdar wrote:At least once a week my wife comes out to the living room to find me passed out at 1 am on the couch, PS4 controller still in hand, game screen still on. Happened last night. I think I remember about 10 minutes of play time around 10:30 and nothing after that.

Explains why you weren't logged into Battle.net all night. :-)

Pretty sure you spend the most time of all of my bnet friends logged in... and playing nothing.
I've always got the Battle.net desktop app up and running, so I appear logged in whenever the computer isn't hibernating.

D3 is still my gaming drug of choice (by far over all my PS4 time) and I'm often on for that hour or so each night that I get free to play something. I am a little tired of this season of Diablo though so I haven't been on much lately. I saw you re-appeared on WoW around the time of Blizzcon this year I think.

When they announced a new PvP season, I reupped with the in-game tokens. It's basically a F2P game with the way that garrisons generate in-game currency. I've been doing PvP with a few old friends. No raiding though... can't put in that kind of time commitment. I have stretches were I can play for 4 hours, but I can't always guarantee that it's at a set time/day of the week. It makes PvP the obvious choice.

I also play Hearthstone on my PC, phone and tablet. It's a great way to relax and kill time. I have Heroes installed, but I've never played a MOBA, so at some point, I plan on teaching myself that from ground zero. I'm also hoping I get into Overwatch beta... because it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Similar to Team Fortress 2, but with other genre elements built in.
Got the Overwatch weekend beta/stress test email invite today...
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

packsyd2284 wrote:Ahhhhhhhh Battle.net.......there is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

I played Walker assault last night and enjoyed the shit out of it, good call Jason!!

Telling you, it's the most enjoyable mode on there. Campers won't level up, and there are so many battle pickups that you can have fun with. Esp if you can get into the AT-AT for a couple minutes!

I'm really enjoying the aerial battle mode right now.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

jsence2 wrote:
packsyd2284 wrote:Ahhhhhhhh Battle.net.......there is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

I played Walker assault last night and enjoyed the shit out of it, good call Jason!!

Telling you, it's the most enjoyable mode on there. Campers won't level up, and there are so many battle pickups that you can have fun with. Esp if you can get into the AT-AT for a couple minutes!

I am terrible but it is fun (walker assault mode)

I had Vader and the emperor in one round and got zero kids with them, lol
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote:
Got the Overwatch weekend beta/stress test email invite today...
I got it as well. My play time is limited this weekend, but I'm going to install it when I get home tonight and try to get 2-3 hours of good play in at some point.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

packsyd2284 wrote:
jsence2 wrote:

I am terrible but it is fun (walker assault mode)

I had Vader and the emperor in one round and got zero kids with them, lol

If only someone had told you to go with Boba Fett instead ;)

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Battlefront joined the "cheap games" list this Black Friday. I picked up the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC for $20 on Amazon when it went on sale. From what I read, the patch over the summer added in the single player and local co-op modes. I've played around with a little bit and it seems pretty fun. Not sure what online multiplayer is like these days, but the ability to run a good deal of content solo to experience all the different things in the game seems nice.

It's pretty amazing that in less than a year, most games are under the $20 price point if not less...
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

dakshdar wrote:
It's pretty amazing that in less than a year, most games are under the $20 price point if not less...
It's fantastic for us dad gamers with a huge backlog. Sure you don't play the new games instantly but that doesn't matter to me.

That's why I love xblive as they always have 50% or more discount sales every single week.

Trying to go all digital from here on out.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Cnasty wrote:
dakshdar wrote:
It's fantastic for us dad gamers with a huge backlog. Sure you don't play the new games instantly but that doesn't matter to me.

That's why I love xblive as they always have 50% or more discount sales every single week.

Trying to go all digital from here on out.
PSN and PS Plus have similar discount sales pretty often. I tend to go digital because I have tons of Sony Rewards point that I can convert to PSN money. I only go disc when the price difference is a decision point.

I do have to manage hard drive space now though. Haven't taken the plunge to swap in a bigger one.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

For us poor folks, I still stick with the discs as I've always gotten a solid return when they have deals going on at Gamestop.

Though the discs do royally suck though.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

By the time I'm buying the $20 disc, I don't expect I can get more than $4 back in trade, if that.

Getting used games on disc from Gamestop is still an option, but most of the time online sales from places like Amazon or just PSN sales can now beat Gamestop's used prices unless they have a deal going on.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

dakshdar wrote:By the time I'm buying the $20 disc, I don't expect I can get more than $4 back in trade, if that.

Getting used games on disc from Gamestop is still an option, but most of the time online sales from places like Amazon or just PSN sales can now beat Gamestop's used prices unless they have a deal going on.
This.

Rarely do you see a major difference if you check the sales consistently
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The best prices for sales, other than just standard across the board price drops that happen when everyone matches their competitor, do seem to be Black Friday or PSN flash or event sales. In particular, the PSN flash sales I find especially valuable because the digital copy games tend to not drop in price the same as disc, so the sales are good for finding comparable discounts to get the digital version instead.

Gamestop is probably most useful at this point if you have some odd desire to go pick up an old PS3/360 or older system game.

I have had the thought from time to time to do this for games I no longer own but want my kids to play one day.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

dakshdar wrote:By the time I'm buying the $20 disc, I don't expect I can get more than $4 back in trade, if that.

True.

In the past, I've only ever bought 3 games: Madden, Fifa, and nba2k, and all in release day.

But I've retire from those and I'm onto the kids games, so I'll just take whatever deal us better for those cheap game between the discs and the in game deals on Xbox.

I've downloaded a few, but I didn't really see anything noteworthy.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

This game was just on sale in your PS Store for $7.49 for plus members over the weekend. Not sure if it is still going on now.
I had it in my cart and was thinking about it, but I was thinking it was still online only gameplay.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The_Niddler wrote:This game was just on sale in your PS Store for $7.49 for plus members over the weekend. Not sure if it is still going on now.
I had it in my cart and was thinking about it, but I was thinking it was still online only gameplay.
The PSN sale was the base game only for $7.49 or the "deluxe" version which unlocks a few weapons for $9.99.

The $20 version on Amazon came with the season pass which includes the 4 DLC packs (Outer Rim, Bespin, Death Star, and an upcoming one for Rogue One).

I opted for the $20 version as the DLC is currently $30 alone on Amazon, or $15 for any individual DLC pack.

Return to “Shooters”