Star Wars Battlefront

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Star Wars Battlefront

Post by ajalves »

ajalves wrote:
dakshdar wrote: Pass.
great graphically, but I am probably with Joe....kind of boring
see my review for all you need to know :D
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

ajalves wrote:
ajalves wrote:
I also figured it was a Beta and they would mess with it.

Jason I should have looked into it but I assumed like every game on this earth it had some sort of campaign.

The Co-Op Missions are awful.

The air battles are fun online but again get old after a little bit. Wish i had bought it at Gamestop so I could trade in. There isn't anyway to do that with a digital download correct?
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

packsyd2284 wrote:
ajalves wrote:
ajalves wrote:
I also figured it was a Beta and they would mess with it.

Jason I should have looked into it but I assumed like every game on this earth it had some sort of campaign.

The Co-Op Missions are awful.

The air battles are fun online but again get old after a little bit. Wish i had bought it at Gamestop so I could trade in. There isn't anyway to do that with a digital download correct?

Correct, which is yet again why I never buy digital downloads unless I'm gamesharing.

I haven't played the air battles yet, but I love using the Tie Fighters on Walker Assault

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Just picked my copy up. Will be online tonight for sure.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I'm considering purchasing it for PC... but hesitant. I watched a stream for about an hour yesterday to get a feel for the game. Graphics are incredible and I love the 3rd person toggle. But like you guys have pointed out, the fun level might have a low ceiling due to the lack of multiplayer. So the question for me is whether I think I would enjoy just playing in straight pvp/arena setting.
PSN: ReignOnU
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:I'm considering purchasing it for PC... but hesitant. I watched a stream for about an hour yesterday to get a feel for the game. Graphics are incredible and I love the 3rd person toggle. But like you guys have pointed out, the fun level might have a low ceiling due to the lack of multiplayer. So the question for me is whether I think I would enjoy just playing in straight pvp/arena setting.

You mean lack of single player?

It's honestly a really fun game, just not ALL of the game modes are fun (some are camper fests). I love Walker Assault, DropZone (capturing the pods), and a few others.

Btw, anybody else get the trophy for getting hit in the head by a rock thrown by an Ewok? :lol:

ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Yeah, typo, good catch.

I saw what you''re saying about the campers. I watched 1 map where everything seemed to funnel through long corridors with exits that opened into perfect recessed areas for camping. It was to the point that it was nearly impossible for the guy playing not to get destroyed by campers in the same locations, with very few options to flank.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ReignOnU wrote:Yeah, typo, good catch.

I saw what you''re saying about the campers. I watched 1 map where everything seemed to funnel through long corridors with exits that opened into perfect recessed areas for camping. It was to the point that it was nearly impossible for the guy playing not to get destroyed by campers in the same locations, with very few options to flank.

Yeah, I can't remember that game mode name, it's the first one. I refuse to play it. That's why I love Walker Assault--you cannot camp if you want to do anything. There are too many ways to flank, too many ways to attack you (blaster cannons, orbital strikes, walkers, etc)

When you get to Level 11, invest in the homing rifle. It's nasty

steelcitychaos
Reactions:

Post by steelcitychaos »

packsyd2284 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Is there a single player campaign?
No which I am not very happy about. Almost makes me want to get my money back. The Co-op non online multiplayer missions are lame as hell as well.

Dam no single player mode. That is why i didnt pick up TitanFall for the xbox
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

steelcitychaos wrote:
packsyd2284 wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Is there a single player campaign?
No which I am not very happy about. Almost makes me want to get my money back. The Co-op non online multiplayer missions are lame as hell as well.

Dam no single player mode. That is why i didnt pick up TitanFall for the xbox

People still play single player mode?
I buy COD just about each time it comes out and can't tell you the last single player mode I have played.
I usually use single player mode to play for an hour or so just to get a feel for the controls and then straight online.

I am kidding about people still playing it though. It depends on the game.
Metal Gear Solid and Uncharted are 2 of the best/most fun games I have ever played and they are single player mode.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Since I have minimal play time (and usually only late at night when I'm tired), I can't compete in multiplayer anything anymore. So I feel a game has to have a good single player mode that I can enjoy playing in a short 30-60 minute play session at the end of the day.

Plus, when I'm only playing between the hours of 9 and 11 pm PST, most of the NDL guys aren't online anymore so I can't expect to play with anyone I'd know.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

dakshdar wrote:Since I have minimal play time (and usually only late at night when I'm tired), I can't compete in multiplayer anything anymore. So I feel a game has to have a good single player mode that I can enjoy playing in a short 30-60 minute play session at the end of the day.

Plus, when I'm only playing between the hours of 9 and 11 pm PST, most of the NDL guys aren't online anymore so I can't expect to play with anyone I'd know.
Exactly it. Minus the left coast thing. I love the campaigns in a lot of these next get console games. I will say I go through bouts of playing everyday and then not for a month or 2. I am in the latter right now.

I have Bloodborne that I have been dying to play just sitting sealed in it's Gamefly package still for about 5 weeks now.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

At least once a week my wife comes out to the living room to find me passed out at 1 am on the couch, PS4 controller still in hand, game screen still on. Happened last night. I think I remember about 10 minutes of play time around 10:30 and nothing after that.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Went to bed at 9:30 last night knowing my restful nights are ending this week with the little one coming.

I felt like I could conquer the world when I woke up. No shame.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote:At least once a week my wife comes out to the living room to find me passed out at 1 am on the couch, PS4 controller still in hand, game screen still on. Happened last night. I think I remember about 10 minutes of play time around 10:30 and nothing after that.

Explains why you weren't logged into Battle.net all night. :-)

Pretty sure you spend the most time of all of my bnet friends logged in... and playing nothing.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

Ahhhhhhhh Battle.net.......there is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

I played Walker assault last night and enjoyed the shit out of it, good call Jason!!
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Cnasty wrote:Went to bed at 9:30 last night knowing my restful nights are ending this week with the little one coming.

I felt like I could conquer the world when I woke up. No shame.
We're somewhat lucking out again with little one #2. She goes down for the first time at night around 8:30 pm and sleeps a good 4 hours. My wife is asleep at 9, so I'm still gaming it up after I get other stuff done around the house. I should probably be sleeping though...
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

ReignOnU wrote:
dakshdar wrote:At least once a week my wife comes out to the living room to find me passed out at 1 am on the couch, PS4 controller still in hand, game screen still on. Happened last night. I think I remember about 10 minutes of play time around 10:30 and nothing after that.

Pretty sure you spend the most time of all of my bnet friends logged in... and playing nothing.
I've always got the Battle.net desktop app up and running, so I appear logged in whenever the computer isn't hibernating.

D3 is still my gaming drug of choice (by far over all my PS4 time) and I'm often on for that hour or so each night that I get free to play something. I am a little tired of this season of Diablo though so I haven't been on much lately. I saw you re-appeared on WoW around the time of Blizzcon this year I think.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

dakshdar wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:

I've always got the Battle.net desktop app up and running, so I appear logged in whenever the computer isn't hibernating.

D3 is still my gaming drug of choice (by far over all my PS4 time) and I'm often on for that hour or so each night that I get free to play something. I am a little tired of this season of Diablo though so I haven't been on much lately. I saw you re-appeared on WoW around the time of Blizzcon this year I think.
i have 2 level 85 characters (Paladin and Rogue) that have sat untouched on WoW for many years. Hell for all I know they have been deleted. Makes me sad all the man hours I wasted on that damn game.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

dakshdar wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:

When they announced a new PvP season, I reupped with the in-game tokens. It's basically a F2P game with the way that garrisons generate in-game currency. I've been doing PvP with a few old friends. No raiding though... can't put in that kind of time commitment. I have stretches were I can play for 4 hours, but I can't always guarantee that it's at a set time/day of the week. It makes PvP the obvious choice.

I also play Hearthstone on my PC, phone and tablet. It's a great way to relax and kill time. I have Heroes installed, but I've never played a MOBA, so at some point, I plan on teaching myself that from ground zero. I'm also hoping I get into Overwatch beta... because it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Similar to Team Fortress 2, but with other genre elements built in.

Return to “Shooters”