Battlefield Hardline

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Battlefield Hardline

Post by LetsGoPeay »

The graphics are great but I just hate the gameplay. Anybody else tried it?
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Battlefield Hardline

Post by BIGmike »

I tried it, but I've always hated the gameplay in BF and this one is no different.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I tried it for ten minutes. The multi-player sucks so much, it reminds me of COD at times. I won't be getting it.

There will be 2-3 more expansions for BF4, so I'll be playing that still. Peay, you may want to try that. I can share w you today if you want to try it. I think the game is $15 for digital download now

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

jsence2 wrote:I tried it for ten minutes. The multi-player sucks so much, it reminds me of COD at times. I won't be getting it.

There will be 2-3 more expansions for BF4, so I'll be playing that still. Peay, you may want to try that. I can share w you today if you want to try it. I think the game is $15 for digital download now
i hear what youre saying, but its nothing like COD imo.

if anything it reminds of GTA in 1st person maybe.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I can't put a finger on exactly what it is I don't like about the gameplay I just know I hate it. The whole "Cops and Robbers at war" scenario is just plain dumb too.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

LetsGoPeay wrote:I can't put a finger on exactly what it is I don't like about the gameplay I just know I hate it. The whole "Cops and Robbers at war" scenario is just plain dumb too.
the spawning stinks. hard to really tell whos who.

In general, not all that much fun
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ajalves wrote:
jsence2 wrote:I tried it for ten minutes. The multi-player sucks so much, it reminds me of COD at times. I won't be getting it.

i hear what youre saying, but its nothing like COD imo.

if anything it reminds of GTA in 1st person maybe.

Not all of it, just some aspects of it (the camping, the run n gun feel, etc). I won't lie, I did enjoy the Heist game mode, it takes good teamwork. But the Conquest feels absolutely nothing like BF4 Conquest, and the driving/hijacking mode, well....it's basically GTA meets launchers. It's boring.

And yeah, the spawning system on there again feels nothing like BF4. This game was delayed for six months and it's almost as bad as it was then. It's filler between BF4 and BF5. I'll stick w BF4 especially with the expansions (including a rumored night-map expansion) coming.

trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

I won't be playing this and I'll swear up and down that Battlefield is the best multiplayer shooter out there.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

trendon wrote: I'll swear up and down that Battlefield is the best multiplayer shooter out there.
swear all you want. They would have to improve quite a few things first
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

ajalves wrote:
trendon wrote: I'll swear up and down that Battlefield is the best multiplayer shooter out there.

They did w the patch that came out about 4-5 months ago. Spent two months w live CTE and took all feedback from that. Result was a patch that made BF4 feel like an entirely new game

cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

jsence2 wrote:
ajalves wrote:

They did w the patch that came out about 4-5 months ago. Spent two months w live CTE and took all feedback from that. Result was a patch that made BF4 feel like an entirely new game
That's the problem. Battlefield has so many patches that it is a different game/different feel every time you play it. People would say that's good, making the game better is a good thing, but after every new patch, new problems come up and they have to patch it again for another new feel/game. I think I'm done with the COD/Battlefield games anyway. I still have AW but don't know why, haven't played it in quite awhile.

When is the Division coming out?
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

cougnix wrote:
jsence2 wrote:
ajalves wrote:

That's the problem. Battlefield has so many patches that it is a different game/different feel every time you play it. People would say that's good, making the game better is a good thing, but after every new patch, new problems come up and they have to patch it again for another new feel/game. I think I'm done with the COD/Battlefield games anyway. I still have AW but don't know why, haven't played it in quite awhile.

When is the District coming out?

Not sure, they keep pushing it back :(

As for BF, there hasn't been a patch really since that one came out. They got it right, for once (EA rarely does that), thanks to the CTE. It's smoother, plays better, they nerfed the right things and boosted others. Plus the map expansions are terrific.

trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

cougnix wrote:
jsence2 wrote:
ajalves wrote:

I honestly have no idea what the three of you are talking about.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

trendon wrote:
cougnix wrote:
jsence2 wrote:
ajalves wrote:

I honestly have no idea what the three of you are talking about.

If you haven't played BF since September, Trendon, then you're missing out. It's so much smoother and enjoyable.

From wiki:
Six months after the initial release of the game, in April 2014, DICE released a program called Community Test Environment (CTE), which let a limited number of PC gamers play a different version of Battlefield 4 that was designed to test new patches and updates before giving them a wide-release.[94] One of the major patches tested was an update to the game's netcode, specifically the "tickrate,"[94] which is how frequently the game and server would update, measured in cycles per second. Because of the size of Battlefield 4 in terms of information, DICE initially chose to have a low tickrate. However, the low tickrate resulted in a number of issues including damage registration and "trade kills." The CTE program tested the game at a higher tickrate, among other common problems,[94][95] and began rolling out patches in mid-2014.[citation needed]

In October 2014, nearly a full year after the official release with major updates still being put out, DICE LA producer David Sirland said the company acknowledged that the release of Battlefield 4 "absolutely" damaged the trust of the franchise's fanbase.[96] Sirland said that the shaky release of Battlefield 4 caused the company to reevaluate their release model, and plan on being more transparent and offer earlier beta tests with future installments, namely (at the time) with 2015's Battlefield Hardline. Sirland also said: "We still probably have a lot of players who won't trust us to deliver a stable launch or a stable game. I don't want to say anything because I want to do. I want them to look at what we're doing and what we are going to do and that would be my answer. I think we have to do things to get them to trust us, not say things to get them to trust us. Show by doing."[96]

trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

I mean that, except for the launch issues (which were so fucking minor), I haven't noticed any problems. It's been an outstanding game almost from jump.

Edit: And each expansion gets crazier and crazier. I love it.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

trendon wrote:I mean that, except for the launch issues (which were so fucking minor), I haven't noticed any problems. It's been an outstanding game almost from jump.

Edit: And each expansion gets crazier and crazier. I love it.

I'm not a huge fan of the latest map set (too many "futuristic" battle pickups, feel like killstreak stuff from COD to me) but they're well designed. However, Dragon's Pass and Naval Strike, absolutely love them. I don't play Naval Strike enough, Carrier Assault is one of the best FPS game modes I've ever played.

trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Final Stand's Hangar 21 is the craziest map in the history of shooters. "B" and "C" (in the multi-level hangar) are perpetually contested and you can spend your whole time just fighting for those points
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

jsence2 wrote:I don't play Naval Strike enough, Carrier Assault is one of the best FPS game modes I've ever played.
I just read this. Neither do I. It's about as cool as you are going to get because of the decision you have to make as a team. I once lost a match because they had whittled down our carrier to zero even though we blew a hole in the hull and were attacking the M-Coms.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

trendon wrote:
jsence2 wrote:I don't play Naval Strike enough, Carrier Assault is one of the best FPS game modes I've ever played.
I just read this. Neither do I. It's about as cool as you are going to get because of the decision you have to make as a team. I once lost a match because they had whittled down our carrier to zero even though we blew a hole in the hull and were attacking the M-Coms.

We've had to resort to doing just that, if a team wholly defends their engine room we will just go back out, hold the objectives, and wait for the missile launchers to do the job. It's also insane how we have had games where both engine rooms have been armed within seconds of each other, and you have to decide whether to try to disarm yours, or pray you can keep them from disarming theirs.

Return to “Shooters”