Cod: AW

This is the place for all Shooting games played in the NDL.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Re: Cod: AW

Post by BFiVL »

Graphics were better on ghosts. I don't see a huge difference in terms of gameplay between the two to give a nod to either. Black ops 2 was so rough in core mode that when ghosts came out it was really noticeable how much of an improvement to hit detection and killing guys between the two. Multiplayer IMO way better on aw. Extinction was the tits and was easier to pick up than this survival mode. I have no clue what's going on.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

I got to see the graphics on both the PS4 and the PS3. While the PS4 still looks dated compared to some of the new games the PS3 is abysmal. It was full of low-res graphics and muddy looking. It was amazing how much different they looked. Id say graphically, the PS3 version was the worst I have seen COD look.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

the exo suit is a nice change to keep the game fresh. However, its unlimited. the maps are far too small for that. its 3 or 4 jumps and you're 'behind enemy lines'

maybe it gets cleaned up after the 1st patch, who knows
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Yeah AJ. One of the biggest complaints we had with ghosts was map size. Way to big. Too much dead space. Thy went the opposite way with it in aw.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Having the wife send my PS4 to korea, no clue on how long it will take to get here. Is this a game I should buy? If so should I get the map packs as well?
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Patch went live.

Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
Fixed Marksman and Camo challenges to not reset when you prestige.
Connectivity optimizations for game servers.
Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
Fixed double xp splash, so it doesn’t show up in private match, combat readiness program, or survival mode.
Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot double xp item exists
Add double XP icon to medal splashes when double xp is active.
Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression
KC score limit increased to 85 per match.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I always enjoy these

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Anyone playing this? The wife sent off the ps4 yesterday
ImageImageImage
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

I still play. Still a few who do.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote:I still play. Still a few who do.
Then I will be on in 2 weeks when the PS4 finally gets here.

You guys get the download content? Don't want to pay for it if I am the only one with it.
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
BFiVL wrote:I still play. Still a few who do.
Then I will be on in 2 weeks when the PS4 finally gets here.

You guys get the download content? Don't want to pay for it if I am the only one with it.

my advice for this particular game, dont buy the bonus content until you have played the game
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

I haven't bought the dlc yet. Waiting on a few things to be confirmed. 1) actual zombie mode. 2) I wanna see the maps. These maps are bipolar. Either really good or really bad. Doesn't seem to be any Inbetween.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Graphics aren't great, but I'm enjoying it, especially after sitting out on Ghosts. I bought AC Unity and the Master Chief collection at the same time. I haven't opened either one yet.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Kevin Spacey was nominated for performance of the year for the gaming awards. Surprisingly, Peter Dinklage's oscar worthy performance went unnoticed by gaming awards.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Yea, Dinklage was rather blah. Of course, so much of Destiny's SP was cut out to make DLC that it really doesn't even have a story. The SP pretty much boils down to launch ghost and shoot waves of bad guys. It's so gutted that it's worthless.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Hoos wrote:Yea, Dinklage was rather blah. Of course, so much of Destiny's SP was cut out to make DLC that it really doesn't even have a story. The SP pretty much boils down to launch ghost and shoot waves of bad guys. It's so gutted that it's worthless.
I actually like the challenge Iron Banner
I enjoy Tiger strikes (although we've done them SO many times I'm more than ready for new ones)
Vault of Glass Raid is always fun

Game needs more multiplay modes. just one or two 'solid' modes.
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

ajalves wrote:
Hoos wrote:Yea, Dinklage was rather blah. Of course, so much of Destiny's SP was cut out to make DLC that it really doesn't even have a story. The SP pretty much boils down to launch ghost and shoot waves of bad guys. It's so gutted that it's worthless.
I enjoy Tiger strikes (although we've done them SO many times I'm more than ready for new ones)

I like a lot of what Destiny does and I think the game, and future games, will be better down the road than it is now. The game has tons of potential but fails to capitalize on that potential. Nothing really feels like it's finished and repetitiveness/grinding are worked in to cover up for the lack of content.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

By far, the raid is one of the best/challenging things ever. I am excited to see the new dlc.

Hoos analysis of destiny is spot on ( lord knows I hate agreeing with him).
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Hoos wrote:
ajalves wrote:

I like a lot of what Destiny does and I think the game, and future games, will be better down the road than it is now. The game has tons of potential but fails to capitalize on that potential. Nothing really feels like it's finished and repetitiveness/grinding are worked in to cover up for the lack of content.
the farming is dumb, super dumb
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

ajalves wrote:
Hoos wrote:
ajalves wrote:

the farming is dumb, super dumb
When we don't get shit for half of the crucible games we play, why can't they give out materials for rewards? The gunplay is close to perfect in my opinion...that's what keeps me playing. That and the addiction factor of trying to get to level 30/get the hawkmoon/etc.

Return to “Shooters”