DLC 6/15

outlaw
Reactions:

DLC 6/15

Post by outlaw »

Ozzy Osbourne Thrashes Onto Rock Band With Six Songs, Including Three Unreleased Songs From Upcoming Album Scream!

June 7, 2010

Cambridge, Mass. – June 7, 2010 – Harmonix and MTV Games today announced that rock legend Ozzy Osbourne, will make his Rock Band debut June 15 with a six pack of songs in the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™.

“It’s great to bring my songs to Rock Band, especially material from the new album, Scream,” said Ozzy Osbourne. “I hope Rock Band players around the world are ready to have their living rooms invaded by me!”

Scream – Osbourne’s first album in almost three years and 10th studio album overall – is set for a June 15 release via Epic Records. Produced by Ozzy and Kevin Churko, both of whom did the same honors for Ozzy’s 2007 worldwide million-seller Black Rain, the new album is fueled by the red-hot first single “Let Me Hear You Scream.” Ozzy’s band consists of Ozzy’s new guitar player, Gus G., bassist Blasko, drummer Tommy Clufetos and keyboardist Adam Wakeman.

Ozzy Osbourne’s career has spanned four decades, and his music is as relevant today as ever. On any given day, you can hear his music blasting at sporting events, in the movies, on the radio, in TV commercials, video games or on your MP3 player. Ozzy is not only a legend and an icon, but is a pioneer in his genre of music. He has helped open the door for countless bands by giving them their big break by taking them on tour or by taking them on Ozzfest, his all-day metal festival, now in its 15th year.

With more than 400 artists, including Jimi Hendrix, The Who, AC/DC and Green Day, who are exclusive to Rock Band, as well as more than 1,500 songs available through the Rock Band platform and 68 million songs sold through its download store alone, Rock Band is the undisputed sales and content leader in the interactive music space, providing the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums.

One of the best-known rock vocalists of all time, Ozzy Osbourne began his career in the 70s with Black Sabbath, which released 10 albums and sold more than 50 million albums worldwide. Ozzy embarked on his solo career in the 1980s and has since sold another 50 million albums worldwide on his own. The rock legend has won two Grammy® Awards, an MTV Movie Award, was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame and the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and his reality series, The Osbournes remains the highest rated series in MTV history. And now, the Godfather of Heavy Metal is coming to Rock Band.

Ozzy will make his Rock Band debut June 15 with a six pack of songs spanning his solo career. From his latest and 10th studio album, Scream, are “Diggin’ Me Down,” “Soul Sucker” and the album’s first single, “Let Me Hear You Scream.” These songs are available exclusively through Rock Band until the album’s release June 22. “I Don’t Wanna Stop” from 2007’s Black Rain, “Crazy Babies” from 1988’s double platinum No Rest For the Wicked, and “No More Tears” from the 1991 four times platinum album of the same name, will also be featured as downloadable content in the Rock Band Music Store.

"Harmonix and MTV are excited to bring Ozzy Osbourne's epic music to Rock Band," said Paul DeGooyer, SVP, Electronic Games and Music, MTV Networks. "It’s very cool that Ozzy fans will get to experience both his classic and very latest songs through our platform."

MTV Networks is celebrating Ozzy Osbourne’s debut in Rock Band across its television channels, including the following:

* VH1 Classic: Airings of a special 30-minute show celebrating Ozzy’s career and new album that will begin airing June 15
* MTV2: Ozzy will host a special edition of Headbangers Ball and You Rock the Deuce, airing the week of June 20
* MTVU: Special Ozzy segment in The Feed

-------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr Version: Ozzy Osbourne DLC coming June 15, featuring 3 songs from his new album (Scream) and 3 classic tracks.

Ozzy Osbourne Pack 01 ($9.99 or $1.99 per track) includes:

* Let Me Hear You Scream
* Diggin’ Me Down
* Soul Sucker
* Crazy Babies
* I Don’t Wanna Stop
* No More Tears

All tracks are original master recordings. As always, dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change.

Return to “Rockband”