Moderators: jsence2, Wasted Memory

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Dynasty Q&As

Post by shel311 »

I'll provide the Qs, you guys provide the As. :lol:

This is the first time i've tried the dynasty mode in probably 4 or 5 years. Anyway, there is an option for "locksmith assistance" that can be turned on/off and has something to do with the CPU's ability to break a lock, what does this mean?

I had one instance, i was like 5th or 6th on a guy's list, 1500 points behind, I didn't make his top 3 and was locked out. I pressed one button and it asks if I want to break the lock. No clue what it was, but i said ok, and it magically boosted me up to 2nd and only 25 points behind #1. Is this just some cheesy way to magically boost your way up a recruits list?
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Re: Dynasty Q&As

Post by Wasted Memory »

This is a new feature this year. It's part of your Coach Points you've earned. Somewhere along the lines you've activated this in your coaching tree skills.

What happens is when the recruit gets to a point where he's decided his top 2 or 3 schools he locks out the other schools he's no longer interested in. As long as you are within 2000 points of the last school on his list you can "unlock" it and it puts you back in the running for the recruit.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Wasted Memory wrote:This is a new feature this year. It's part of your Coach Points you've earned. Somewhere along the lines you've activated this in your coaching tree skills.

What happens is when the recruit gets to a point where he's decided his top 2 or 3 schools he locks out the other schools he's no longer interested in. As long as you are within 2000 points of the last school on his list you can "unlock" it and it puts you back in the running for the recruit.
Gotcha. As long as I have the option to not unlock, that works. Seems silly to me.

I don't like all of the coaching tree stuff. I'm updating it, but that also seems silly.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Think you get one unlock for 1 point, 3 for 2, 5 for 3 points on your coaching tree. May be off on that.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

BFiVL wrote:Think you get one unlock for 1 point, 3 for 2, 5 for 3 points on your coaching tree. May be off on that.
Gotcha. Seems lame, guess I'll just not use it.

Not sure if I should bypass all of the coach tree stuff, I'm just not a fan of the click a button and a certain aspect of my team is magically better lol.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

shel311 wrote:
BFiVL wrote:Think you get one unlock for 1 point, 3 for 2, 5 for 3 points on your coaching tree. May be off on that.
Gotcha. Seems lame, guess I'll just not use it.

Not sure if I should bypass all of the coach tree stuff, I'm just not a fan of the click a button and a certain aspect of my team is magically better lol.
Me either....not a real big fan of the recruiting yet.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

wah wah wah stop your crying. the reason for that it to simulate growing as a coach. in game a Saban is like a level 54 and elite, you should be level 1 and it should be hard and as you get better the thought that as a coach/recruiter you'd get better. Thats all. RPG aspect, makes it fun. You know whats boring? Being a Sun Belt team and getting 5* recruits like every game before this. thats boring.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:wah wah wah stop your crying. the reason for that it to simulate growing as a coach. in game a Saban is like a level 54 and elite, you should be level 1 and it should be hard and as you get better the thought that as a coach/recruiter you'd get better. Thats all. RPG aspect, makes it fun. You know whats boring? Being a Sun Belt team and getting 5* recruits like every game before this. thats boring.
That's fine, I don't have any issues with that.

I only have an issue with clicking a button and magically going from locked out and 6th place to 2nd place for a recruit. That's dumb. If i'm a high level coach, that should already be factored in. And if I can magically push the unlock button, Saban should have a super duper unlock button to kick my button's ass :lol:
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

shel311 wrote:
nick wrote:wah wah wah stop your crying. the reason for that it to simulate growing as a coach. in game a Saban is like a level 54 and elite, you should be level 1 and it should be hard and as you get better the thought that as a coach/recruiter you'd get better. Thats all. RPG aspect, makes it fun. You know whats boring? Being a Sun Belt team and getting 5* recruits like every game before this. thats boring.

I only have an issue with clicking a button and magically going from locked out and 6th place to 2nd place for a recruit. That's dumb. If i'm a high level coach, that should already be factored in. And if I can magically push the unlock button, Saban should have a super duper unlock button to kick my button's ass :lol:
100% agree with the unlock one. think its super lame. the rest though im indifferent as it helps
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

nick wrote:
shel311 wrote:

100% agree with the unlock one. think its super lame. the rest though im indifferent as it helps
See, we're on the same page, pretty much exactly.

High five!!!
JohnnyP
Reactions:

Post by JohnnyP »

I think they dock your tree for Icing the opponents kicker though.....
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

JohnnyP wrote:I think they dock your tree for Icing the opponents kicker though.....
with how bad I am on defense I wish you could ice the QB

Return to “Online Dynasty”