Horizon Zero Dawn

Various games played by NDL members.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by dakshdar »

Surprised I can't find any comments about this game anywhere on the boards.

It is likely to be a solid contender for game of the year, especially for platform exclusive game for the PS4. It was just $20 in the PS Store black friday sale so I picked it up and have probably put in 10 hours since middle of last week. Great overall open-world game. Doesn't feel like you have to go too far out of your way to complete side quests outside the main storyline - they're almost on the way from one point to another. Hunting and killing robot animals is a blast - setting traps, tripwires, sneaking around. Definitely worth the $20 investment and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

A "Complete" edition with the DLC ($15 on PSN right now for PS Plus subscribers if you get it on its own) will be out next month so the main game is likely to end up down around the $20 price point on its own without sales.

Highly recommended!
dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by dakshdar »

Around 70 hours in - I think I'm almost done with the base game. Haven't played a game this much in a while. Get on this people!
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Finally finished up Horizon on Friday last week. I think I hit around 95 hours, though honestly 15-20 of that were probably logged with me passed out on the couch while the game was still on.

Excellent game all around (not shocking considering it won many of the "Best of"/"Best PS4 Exclusive" awards for last year in various game site voting).

Holding off on picking up the DLC for now as I have too many other games to get to in my backlog.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

thanks for the info. I may get into this after I get bored of the Need for Speed Payback.

Return to “Other Games”