World Cup Mode

This is the place for all Soccer games played in the NDL.
Downing11
Reactions:

World Cup Mode

Post by Downing11 »

I jumped FIFA last night for the first time in a month or so and saw a spot to play the World cup. I clicked on it and got some error message that shut down FIFA. Anyone try this and are you getting the same message?
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Re: World Cup Mode

Post by ReignOnU »

Not sure what specific part you're referring to, but I've been on there playing WC FUT for about 2 weeks. I know that a lot of the other WC challenges were supposed to go active today, so maybe they had a hangup with that.
PSN: ReignOnU
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

ReignOnU wrote:Not sure what specific part you're referring to, but I've been on there playing WC FUT for about 2 weeks. I know that a lot of the other WC challenges were supposed to go active today, so maybe they had a hangup with that.
When I fired up the game, I tried going into the top left option and that is the one that isn't working. The WC Challenges is top right and you are right, those were going active today, the FUT I think was bottom right. Not sure what was in the bottom left.
krgkmg
Reactions:

Post by krgkmg »

It worked last week and you can play using the current world cup teams offline. The promise was this week it would be available to play online but the same thing you described happened to me last night.
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

It's working now. I'm going to try and play the games as the real world cup goes, see how close I get to what really happens. I'll probably just flip a coin to see what team I use and go with the real lineups that the teams use.
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

Downing11 wrote:It's working now. I'm going to try and play the games as the real world cup goes, see how close I get to what really happens. I'll probably just flip a coin to see what team I use and go with the real lineups that the teams use.
not sure they will be real line ups. USA had Donovan on there along with some others I think
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

kdog36 wrote:
Downing11 wrote:It's working now. I'm going to try and play the games as the real world cup goes, see how close I get to what really happens. I'll probably just flip a coin to see what team I use and go with the real lineups that the teams use.
not sure they will be real line ups. USA had Donovan on there along with some others I think
I didn't see Donovan last night when I played with the US. He might have been on the bench, but wasn't a starter so it looks like they have fixed that at least.
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

I'm about done playing the Ultimate Team thing on there. It feels so much like PS3 version, nothing but lobbed through balls and crosses all day long again.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Downing11
Reactions:

Post by Downing11 »

Going to start my own replay of the World Cup as it plays out in real life. I can find the starting lineups for each team, but does anyone know where I can find the formations used? I'm not 100% sure the default team formation on the game is correct. I also only have 1 controller, so I can only change one team prior to the start of each game, which will be whatever team I end up being which will be decided via coin toss.

Return to “Soccer”