PS5 compared to PS4 Pro

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

PS5 compared to PS4 Pro

Post by The_Niddler »

PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
BlackRain
Reactions:

Re: PS5 compared to PS4 Pro

Post by BlackRain »

I barely play the PS4s, have two of them and still use the PS3s for old games. But eventually I will get one, but I am going to take my time, as I still use my PS One, PS2, PS3 and barely use the PS4s. This is crazy, I am going to have five different consoles eventually, but 8K, I can just imagine how nice the games would look like. Are you getting one Jerry?
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I will get one eventually, but most likely won't be at launch.
Depends on my Madden league's honestly.

I barely play my PS4 anymore.
I bought a PS3 and NCAA14 recently and play in an online dynasty with those guys.
I will play the new Madden on the PS4.
And I play the Switch now with my son the most as he is getting into video gaming.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

The_Niddler wrote:I will get one eventually, but most likely won't be at launch.
Depends on my Madden league's honestly.

I barely play my PS4 anymore.
I bought a PS3 and NCAA14 recently and play in an online dynasty with those guys.
I will play the new Madden on the PS4.
And I play the Switch now with my son the most as he is getting into video gaming.
I may get the Nintendo Switch eventually due to the online virtual games, old school Nintendo games. That was the best part of having the Wii because playing those old Nintendo games still brought me back to when I was a kid in middle school; the nostalgia of playing Super Mario Brothers, Ninja Gaiden, Ikari Warriors, Castlevania, Bases Loaded, Ghost & Goblins, R.C. Pro-Am, etc. is still amazing for me, but for my son, who is 13, he does not care for those games. I still play my online dynasty on the PS3 with the UNLV Rebels; man I miss the College Football games big time. I have Madden 19 for the Xbox One and love it, a great game in my opinion. If I could find the time to play in an online Madden League for the PS4 for Madden 20, I would, but the little girl has all of my time now and will have most of my time when it is released later in August. Wishful thinking about being in an online league with the baby.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

You will soon be able to play your PS4 or XB1 using an actual controller and using your ipad as a monitor.
I use my ipad now, but you have to use the on-screen controller using the Remote play app.
Apple has an update coming that will allow you to connect your controller to the ipad using bluetooth.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/25/1874 ... ite-gaming
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Technology is crazy, playing on the IPAD with your PS4 controller. One thing I am getting into is the VR for the PS4. I bought it when it first came out and use it for certain games. I wished they made more games, but it will expand once the PS5 comes out, and the VR system will be compatible with the PS5, at least they said it will be so we do not have to spend extra money to buy another one. But I did hear they will make a wireless VR headset, and I know that will be more convenient compared to the wired one we use. VR stuff is pretty cool, and the kids enjoy it.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Has anyone touched on the prior news that Sony ended up working a deal with Microsoft for hosting, for their cloud platform? I don't recall the details on it, but from what I understand, it was a huge deal because it opened the door to have them on a linked cloud platform for future cross compatibility, for anyone games that opted to use central processing. I can look for the article when I'm back in town.
PSN: ReignOnU
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Please update us when you find the article or more information regarding this.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

https://news.microsoft.com/2019/05/16/s ... rtnership/

Find this real quick, it's from the first comments on the deal. But there was a further Tech article that talked about how easy it would be for hosting and syncing that I can't find on my phone right now.
PSN: ReignOnU
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

I remember the game Shadowrun on the Xbox 360, you played people from different platforms, not sure which ones but I think personal computers and 360s were playing against and with each other. Microsoft and Sony should be great for the future of gaming. Thanks for the article, appreciate it!
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

XBox systems and PCs play together on most games that Microsoft produces (if I recall).
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Would be awesome to have games like Madden play against each other.

I never understood why they don't since they are playing on EA servers.
I wonder how hard it would be to make the game have the option.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Sony's excuse has always been that even if it is on an EA server, the system connects through Sony's side due to the Playstation Plus online system so they claim there was a "risk" of people accessing/hacking Sony through that. They have also expressed concerns in the past that the "slower speed" of other systems network infrastructure would result in poor play experience for the Sony user... allegedly.

I don't have the knowledge to know if there is any truth to it, but if XBox and Switch play fine together then it seems like something Sony just didn't want to work out on there end.
BlackRain
Reactions:

RE: Playstation 5 compared to Playstation 4 Pro

Post by BlackRain »

PLAYSTATION 5 BENCHMARK LEAK SUGGESTS ITS 4X MORE POWERFUL THAN PS4, AT PAR WITH NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU

https://www.digit.in/news/gaming/playst ... 48849.html

Return to “Playstation”