Cnasty Game Reviews-PS4/XB1/WiiU

Find the latest Playstation news and information here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Cnasty Game Reviews-PS4/XB1/WiiU

Post by Cnasty »

I am proud of myself to dedicating time to actually finish through some games once I got the Vita and PS4. One of my goals was forcing myself to play games I normally dont. Its working...so far.

COD Ghosts-PS4-Campaign mode-Very good and finished it in one sitting with all the variety and action it provided. Never play online and doubt I ever will. Sorry AJ-7Cs

Need for Speed Rivals-PS4-The old Cnasty came out as this game bored me almost instantly but it was free in the Buy 2, get 1 free Target package-4Cs

Resogun-PS4-So I didnt finish it but this is a great time killer and looks great on the PS4. Replay value is low though-6Cs

Contrast-PS4-This one stunk. Novel concept, boring story though and the gameplay was meh-3Cs

Dont Starve-PS4-Dont play it, boring-2Cs

NBA2K14-PS4-Best looking game on the PS4 yet IMO but lack of online leagues and a very slow,annoying cut scene timing on the career mode made this one fizzle out very quick.6Cs

Outlast-PS4-This game is one of the more original experiences in a video game Ive played. No weapons besides running and hiding, shit constantly jumping out at you, multiple moments roaming in pitch black areas and being chase. Done brilliantly with matching music and creepy atmosphere. I didnt really like the ending which took it down a whole notch as they didnt seem to tie it up very well. Definitely a must play on the PS4 for free as a + member even though its an older title-8Cs

Knack-PS4-I actually enjoyed this game as it brought me back to the Crash Bandicoot type games and a very simple process for attack and low variety. It was surprisingly long, 13 levels. Took about 6 or 7 sessions to get it done. It does have a very high level of monotony on how you approach enemies and levels but the boss battles are solid and it looks amazing as the first PS4 title by SONY. It has gotten some very bad reviews but I honestly didnt think it was that bad for what it was going for. 7Cs

Killzone:Shadow Fall-PS4-Got through about 60% of the campaign and couldnt force myself to waste more time on this game. Graphically it might be the best PS4 game to date in terms of detail and landscape. Gameplay was pretty terrible, storyline is obsolete and disappointing, and I am not a FPS fan at all for the most part. 5Cs

Rayman Legends-PS4-This game looks awesome on the PS4 and there are music levels where they mix in the likes of Ozzie Osbourne and Queen which were awesome but there weren't enough of those. I didn't like the leveling system where it required me to get a certain number of items to move on. Became very repetitious and boring after that. Overall it was a fun, different game and one of the better looking titles so far that I have played on the PS4.7Cs

Dead Nation-PS4-The orientation view of this game was very weird and the controls absolutely sucked for how you are swamped with zombies. I didnt like the pace of the game and the camera view was kind of crappy. Not a fan.-4Cs

Mercenary Kings-PS4-Felt like an old school Nintendo game which isnt always bad as it could have been entertaining but the boss fights and map integration was total crap. Didnt keep my interest long and wasnt for me.5Cs

Thief-PS4-This game looked pretty nice on the PS4 but once the game play started it was a disaster.It is classified as a "stealth" game where you need to creep around, steal shit, and get past certain check points. The game is dark throughout. Lame voice acting, and no action for the most part with a terrible story. After about halfway through the time being spent wasnt worth finishing with where this story was going. Turned out to be a major dud.4Cs

Tomb Raider-Definitive Edition-PS4-Probably the best looking game I have played on the PS4 to date and the gameplay was very good as well. Meh story but it comes together nicely for what we are known from Tomb Raider in the past. I have compared it to Uncharted in the gameplay style, atmosphere, and theme. Uncharted is still one of my all time favorite games and this was up there as the best game I have played on the PS4 so far. Graphically it shows the power of what the PS4 can actually do and looking forward to the future. Great game9Cs

Trine 2-PS4-Not my cup of tea. I dont mind puzzle games but this one where the controls arent the best and the varying character models made them even more unenjoyable. I will say it looked awesome on the PS4 and it had some potential but couldnt keep me interested and part of that was it is a damn hard game6Cs

Infamous Second Son-PS4-What an awesome game. Lots of action, cool cut scenes, and a nice presentation on the variety of different battles. The main character is the same guy that played Joel in the last of us and it felt like watching an awesome movie he is so good. The graphics and visuals are the best we have seen on the PS4 yet and surpass Tomb Raider for me.

Awesome boss battle at the end as well. Wasnt as long as I expected and finished it in like 9 or 10 hours.9Cs

Doki Doki Universe-PS4-Maybe cool for your kids but dont waste your time for yourself. 2Cs

Trials Fusion-PS4-Actually a fun little time waster. The tracks become almost impossible and at times you scream at your little dirt bike rider guy from flopping around. I made it about halfway through and called it a night as I got to some tracks that were damn near defying the laws of physics. Solid game 6Cs

Wolfenstein-PS4-I played through a modest amount of Wolfenstein and then realized why I am not a fan of FPS games anymore. I suck at them. Even in story mode scenarios. This game was pretty awesome though from the visuals, to the weapon variety, the story was far fetched and great, and tons of blood. I just dont find FPS games to be my cup of tea and dont care for them all that much for the fun factor like the COD boys. I wont let me lack of love for the genre though sour the grade as I think this is an awesome game and surprised more of the shooter clan didnt play it. 8Cs

Velocity-PS4-This was a fun little game that was free for PS+ a while back. Goes from a ship shooting,puzzle type game to a run and gun platform in each level. Only 50 levels and they take less than 5-10 minutes each to complete. Surprisingly enjoyed it and fun especially for free7Cs

Game of Thrones-Chapter 1-PS4-Huge fan as we know of the show and books and this was actually a nice little addition to them. You are a fake house Forrester, bannerman of the Starks and it introduces other show characters little by little into each chapter. Great story, the real voices are utilized for the show characters, and the decision making is fun. Chapter 1 was great and there are 6 total chapters with only 4 released so far. If you are a fan of the show, you could get it free last week I believe not sure if anymore. Worth a pickup for sure.8Cs

The Last of Us Remastered-PS4-Gave it a 10 on PS3, give it an 11 on the PS4. Looks outstanding, gameplay was so much crisper, and was a nice period of time of finishing it on the PS3 and giving it another play on the PS4. Add in the DLC which was outstanding and it is still one of the best games made in the PS3/PS4 era.11Cs

Bloodborne-PS4-This game is not for me. It looks fantastic, is nice and eerie with a cool atmosphere but man this game is way too hard and intricate with their leveling system, magic, and shit like that. Nasty maybe pre-kids would have loved delving 20-40 hours into this game. Now a days it needs to be fun, basic, and easy to pick up and put down. This game isn't that. Not to mention, it's hard as shit.5Cs
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chariot-XBOX 1-Fun little time waster that was free with Games with Gold. Got a little repetitive of course and interesting gameplay mechanics. Not bad but nothing to brag about.6Cs

Forza 5-XBOX 1--As I mentioned before, best racing game I have ever played. From the crazy sports cars to the hatchback races it was very realistic and fun. I also liked the mini games they blended in to mix it up. I will say the loading times in this game were insanely long and annoying and the biggest blemish on the game.7Cs

Titanfall-XBOX 1--I am way late to this party but finally got around to playing it once I got it in the mail. I will say for someone that is terrible at FPS, this game was an absolute blast and fun for a newb.
3 things make this game awesome for newbs and casual shooters:
Auto lock pistol, seems cheesy but man is it fun
Wall running
Titans consistently come throughout which are a blast to play in
Grunts/AI guys to easily kill so even though I suck I feel like I am shooting something!
Awesome game and actually was fun playing through the online campaign8Cs

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition-XBOX 1-I thought of it as an Asian GTA but a lot worse. Terrible voice acting and graphical displays of characters. The action itself was kind of fun but the story was blah and actual missions pretty worthless.6Cs

Dragon Age Inquisition-XBOX 1-This game was awarded game of theyear in multiple outlets, has a ton of following, and is super popular. But for me it was too involved for casual gaming.Very detail oriented in its approach and I am not a fan of RPG type games and this had too many of those elements in there for my liking. Looked awesome, great characters, but not for me.6Cs

Sunset Overdrive-XBOX 1-Honestly the most fun I have had with a game on the next gen consoles yet. There are a ton of quirky diaglogue jabs at game development, great characters in it, and the action is nonstop. The weapons are awesome and the actual map and city you play in is great. Easily th best game I have played on XB1 yet.9Cs

Wolf Among Us-XBOX 1-Fantastic game. I have played almost every TellTale game to date and they have always been about a great story and mixing in some cool game physics like a choose your own adventure book. This one was no different as it had a top notch story, quirky characters, and weird setting for a game/story. It left it wide open for a season 2 which I hope they do. Only knock off a point for the shortness of the game but other than that it is a great game I highly recommend.9Cs

Ryse:Son of Rome-XBOX 1-Awful. Absolutely awful. Stereotypical story, repetitive button mashing type combat, and just a very lame flow to the game. The one that got it major points was that it looked fantastic and lots of blood and heads rolling but everything else was a disaster. It was one of the launch titles on the XB1 and it was pretty mediocre in doing so.4Cs

The Walking Dead:Season 2-XBOX 1-I played the first one on the Vita and it was fantastic. Did this play through of the next season on the XB1 and it was great as well. It didn't seem to have as many fight scenes and was a little drawn out sometimes with no interaction and just watching the story unfold. The first season was better and the game is just like the show with the same cycle of events of moving, new characters, die, etc. Still worth a play through as its rather short and looks fantastic with the art style8Cs

Life is Strange-XB1--This game needs some time to grow on you as its teen lingo and dialogue is cringeworthy at the start. After that though this game really takes off. It is more in line with the Tell Tale games and choose your own adventure if you will but a fantastic story that goes with it. I was hooked after episode 1 as it leads you down so many different paths. I got it on sale for like $5 and well worth the price of admission.-8Cs
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Cnasty Game Reviews-Vita/PS4

Post by shel311 »

I specifically remember the date, I haven't played my PS4 since Christmas Eve, and it wasn't even me really playing it

XBMC, GoT, Homeland killed the PS4 for me :lol:
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

shel311 wrote:XBMC, GoT, Homeland killed the PS4 for me :lol:
Im in the same boat. I get an hour or so in the evenings during the week, I find myself just watching an episode of something before bed
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Playing something always wins out over watching a show for me.

I dont watch much TV and when I do its 1 show during dinner with the Mrs.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:One of my goals was forcing myself to play games I normally dont. Its working...so far.
Im playing Bioshock Infinite (slowly, maybe an hr or two on a weekend), and its really the first non-sports game I can remember playing in a really, really long time. Its a great change of pace and Im really enjoying it. Assassins Creed and Last of Us on deck, and at this pace Ill have the three done by the end of summer :oops:
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Good job!

I average about 1 game per month. Less time if I actually don't finish it and its bad.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:Playing something always wins out over watching a show for me.

If it were my call Id probably play something too, but with the lady its something we like to do together (that sounds kinda pathetic, but its true). Ive heard Last of Us has great cinematography, maybe I can convince her to 'watch' the game while I play
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Wait, entire COD campaign in one sitting?! Is that a typo? How long did that take?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Weasel wrote:
Im in the same boat. I get an hour or so in the evenings during the week, I find myself just watching an episode of something before bed

Same with me.
My game time has been really low lately, mainly due to OOTP, but my wife and I got hooked on Breaking Bad and now that we finished that, we are watching The Blacklist, The Following, Modern Family and Parenthood regularly when we have time.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yea, one sitting. I think it was 4 or 5 hours?

Happened right when I got the PS4, wife went to her moms with the little one and I didnt leave the couch.

It was a great story and the variety of different missions and action kept me going.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Weasel wrote:
Cnasty wrote:Playing something always wins out over watching a show for me.

If it were my call Id probably play something too, but with the lady its something we like to do together (that sounds kinda pathetic, but its true). Ive heard Last of Us has great cinematography, maybe I can convince her to 'watch' the game while I play
I think the major point for me is that she is usually in bed by 10ish and provides the gaming time to be freed up. If she is up, we watch shows. So I hear ya.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

The_Niddler wrote:
Weasel wrote:

Same with me.
My game time has been really low lately, mainly due to OOTP, but my wife and I got hooked on Breaking Bad and now that we finished that, we are watching The Blacklist, The Following, Modern Family and Parenthood regularly when we have time.
Its gotten to the point where on a Friday night we don't even ask what the other wants to do, its more what episode are we on or what show is next? I was going to say we watch a disgusting amount of TV, but the 45-85 mins we watch a night is probably still significantly less than many. The best part of XBMC is the efficiency, losing those commercials saves a lot of garbage time
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Cnasty wrote:Yea, one sitting. I think it was 4 or 5 hours?

Happened right when I got the PS4, wife went to her moms with the little one and I didnt leave the couch.

It was a great story and the variety of different missions and action kept me going.
Ah, yeah if it was that short that's understandable, nothing really. I was thinking more along the lines of 15-20 hours....get the man some support stockings!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I rolled myself to avoid couch sores.

Yea, it wasnt long and it played fast and kept it entertaining.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Weasel wrote:
Cnasty wrote:One of my goals was forcing myself to play games I normally dont. Its working...so far.
Im playing Bioshock Infinite (slowly, maybe an hr or two on a weekend), and its really the first non-sports game I can remember playing in a really, really long time. Its a great change of pace and Im really enjoying it. Assassins Creed and Last of Us on deck, and at this pace Ill have the three done by the end of summer :oops:
bioshock infinite was my favorite game i played last year, story wise.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Outlast-PS4-This game is one of the more original experiences in a video game Ive played. No weapons besides running and hiding, shit constantly jumping out at you, multiple moments roaming in pitch black areas and being chase. Done brilliantly with matching music and creepy atmosphere. I didnt really like the ending which took it down a whole notch as they didnt seem to tie it up very well. Definitely a must play on the PS4 for free as a + member even though its an older title-8Cs
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I may have to start checking out some more of these games for the PS3. I dont know how far into Last of Us I am, but its probably the best game Ive played. Really, really, well done.

While I really enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, I felt like the story was way over my head. I know it was considered a prequel, but not having played the previous versions undoubtedly contributed. I was 3/4 of the way through before I had a clue what was going on story-wise
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I picked up Skyrim for $17 over the weekend. I haven't had a chance to do a whole lot with it but from what I've done so far it seems like it's something I'll enjoy. Like others have said, having the Pi and XBMC has really distracted me from the PS3.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Weasel wrote:I may have to start checking out some more of these games for the PS3. I dont know how far into Last of Us I am, but its probably the best game Ive played. Really, really, well done.
This game was easily the best I had ever played on the PS3 as it was so good on so many levels.
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Does anyone have reviews for Killzone and Tomb Raider? I have the games, but have not opened them yet. I am thinking about returning them, and waiting for better games to come out. I already have Need For Speed Rivals (for the kids), Fifa 14, NBA2K14, Angry Birds (for the kids) and Call of Duty Ghosts for the XBOX One. I am looking for another game on the PS4, but not a lot to choose from. I read the reviews for both, but I was never a Tomb Raider or Killzone fan. Just wanted to see if any of you guys played them...
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)

Return to “Playstation”