Broadcasting using Adobe flash and Justin.tv

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
Knapp
Reactions:

Re: Broadcasting games through Justin.tv from your PC

Post by Knapp »

WJ5811 wrote:Ok so I wasnt happy with my internet connection and went ahead and upgraded to the performance package through my cable company. After I checked I was signed up for the low end economy package so the upgrade literally put me up 18 times faster than what I had. I went back to streaming with the endcoder and can stream up to 1200 bits without a problem during the test scrim. Only lagged maybe twice for a split second or two on 1200 bits. However it wasnt much of a change from when I streamed at 950 bits so I think Im gonna go with 950 because it didnt lag at all there. Look for my first game up sometime later today if my opponents are around.

Sounds good! I've been thinking of upgrading myself, but have to see what the extra cost would be.
Tom Gordon - NDL Iowa State Cyclones
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

trying to get this to work, need niddler or quack to get in touch with me to try to figure out what I am doing wrong / how to make better
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

NCSUholmey wrote:trying to get this to work, need niddler or quack to get in touch with me to try to figure out what I am doing wrong / how to make better
Holmey, I can help you when I get home tomorrow if you still need it but it will be evening time.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

The_Niddler wrote:
NCSUholmey wrote:trying to get this to work, need niddler or quack to get in touch with me to try to figure out what I am doing wrong / how to make better
Holmey, I can help you when I get home tomorrow if you still need it but it will be evening time.
Hey Niddler, I think we got it figured out. Check out his highlight from the NC State vs West Virginia game. Most of it was figuring out lighting and messing with the bit rate

Quack 8-)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Looks great, super smooth!
Knapp
Reactions:

Post by Knapp »

ndlquack wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:
Hey Niddler, I think we got it figured out. Check out his highlight from the NC State vs West Virginia game. Most of it was figuring out lighting and messing with the bit rate

Quack 8-)

Any tips/suggestions to throw out? My broadcasts have been alittle choppy as of late.
Tom Gordon - NDL Iowa State Cyclones
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I would say the biggest thing is pay attention to the bit rate. If it is choppy, try lowering it instead of leaving it to auto.

And lower your audio quality if you can. To broadcast, you do not need stereo or good quality. Just try to have some audio for the guys watching. But some do not and that is ok.
If you do a speed test, http://speedtest.net/ , what is your upload speed and set your bitrate according to that.

So my upload is .95 right now when I just ran a test, so the most I could have is probably around 800 bit rate and may even have to set it to 650 ish.
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

So here is what I have set up right now. I have my video camera connected to my computer using Firewire and I have Adobe Encoder, but it asks for a "File" to drag into the window. How do I capture from my camera? I am not finding much help online and Twitch doesn't even have a help forum with an example setup to capture.
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

cougnix wrote:So here is what I have set up right now. I have my video camera connected to my computer using Firewire and I have Adobe Encoder, but it asks for a "File" to drag into the window. How do I capture from my camera? I am not finding much help online and Twitch doesn't even have a help forum with an example setup to capture.
Try Justin.tv instead of twitch.

From the main screen, once you are logged in, click on the desktop option, then under the Flash Media Encoder, there is a button for config file, this may be what it is asking for.
It will ask you to save that file to your pc. Save it to your desktop and then try using it.

If all else fails, try google.

I typed this into google: flash media encoder is asking for a file to drop into it

and I found a few user guides that may help.

I know this is for version 2.5, but it may help:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaE ... der2.5.pdf

Flash Media Encoder 3:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaL ... 3_help.pdf

Sorry, no time right now to sit and figure this out. I do not remember it asking me for a file besides the config file though.
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

How do you get the game to show up on NDL2 site when its streaming? Something links it together?
NCSUholmey
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by NCSUholmey »

yeah, if you have a justin.tv username entered in your NDL2 profile, a special link will show up that you can click that will add the video feed of your justin.tv straight to the game page
footballkelly31
Reactions:

Post by footballkelly31 »

Wow im watching the NC state v Utah St game and that is a hell of a picture....Holmey what are you using? I did everything in this post and got it streaming on justin tv but it doesn't look nearly as good as your picture. I have a feeling my camera is crap as it is just the webcam that came with the laptop. Anyways just wanted to say im impressed.
Sea. 14: UTEP MINERS 4-8
Sea. 15: STANFORD CARDINALS 3-9
Sea. 16: WAKE FOREST 2-10
Sea. 17: COLORADO ST. 3-9
Sea. 18: SOUTHERN MISS 5-7
Sea. 19: KENT ST. 3-9
Sea. 20,21: LOUISVILLE CARDINALS 1-11
Sea. 22-24: TEMPLE OWLS 24-15
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

footballkelly31 wrote:Wow im watching the NC state v Utah St game and that is a hell of a picture....Holmey what are you using? I did everything in this post and got it streaming on justin tv but it doesn't look nearly as good as your picture. I have a feeling my camera is crap as it is just the webcam that came with the laptop. Anyways just wanted to say im impressed.
I was watching on the twitch ipad app and it looked fuggin horrible. Wonder why?!
Block M
Reactions:

Post by Block M »

footballkelly31 wrote:Wow im watching the NC state v Utah St game and that is a hell of a picture....Holmey what are you using? I did everything in this post and got it streaming on justin tv but it doesn't look nearly as good as your picture. I have a feeling my camera is crap as it is just the webcam that came with the laptop. Anyways just wanted to say im impressed.
He's got the El Gato HD Capture Card.
ndlquack
Reactions:

Post by ndlquack »

swellvermin wrote:
I was watching on the twitch ipad app and it looked fuggin horrible. Wonder why?!
The twitch app doesn't show true resolution. It's better to go to twitch.com from your phone browser. At least that is what I have noticed with the android twitch app also. I removed it.

Quack 8-)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ndlquack wrote:
swellvermin wrote:
The twitch app doesn't show true resolution. It's better to go to twitch.com from your phone browser. At least that is what I have noticed with the android twitch app also. I removed it.

Quack 8-)
Same here. I was watching one game on both the ipad app and my laptop and the app looked like garbage.

Return to “NDL Open Forum”