How to Record Your Games

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
NCAA Dynasty League
Site Admin
Reactions:

How to Record Your Games

Post by NCAA Dynasty League »

Thanks 90210 for bringing up this question.

I think we had a post on it on the old boards.

When some of you hear "PC/TV Tuner Cards" and installation you may think its a whole complicated process to record your games.

It's not. Its VERY easy. The hard / time consuming part is in editing your recorded game....but I digress.

To RECORD your games you do need a device called a Tuner Card.

Like most pc devices you can get an INTERNAL card or and EXTERNAL.

The Internal is more complicated where you actually install a card inside your pc. I wouldnt recommend this unless you're a real gadget head.

The EXTERNAL cards are EXTREMELY easy and almost plug-n play.

Basically, you

1- put a cd in your computer and it installs the software.

2 - plug in the external tuner cards USB cord into your pc

3 - plug your ps3 into your external tuner card

and voila...simple as that you will have the ps3 image on your pc with easy to use record/stop buttons.

NOW...you probably want the image on your TV..not on your PC...

In that case you can goto a walmart and pick up an RCA splitter for less than $10.

you then plug the ps3 into the splitter then run 1 cord to the pc, the other to the tv.

BAM, done.

You can get all this done and record your games for less than $40 BUT ....BUYER BEWARE!, you get what you pay for.

This ebay link shows some products. - http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=

As seeit and I found out. the cheapest one works but its hard to configure sometimes....again, dont go cheap unless you know how to finagle a pc.

this one is the one we got...less than $15 if u bid right but dont buy it and expect me to help....i got mine working and couldnt do it again if u paid me.

anyway, thats all u need. Well worth it to record your "bigger" games or bowl games and etc.

you'll be a hero to the rest of the league.

Return to “NDL Open Forum”