Massey Ratings

All NDL or video game football related conversations go here.
NCAA Dynasty League
Site Admin
Reactions:

Massey Ratings

Post by NCAA Dynasty League »

For you new guys you will find that a perk of the league is that Dr. Kenneth Massey utilizes his mathematical formula for ratings, that has been used in the actual real world BCS computation formula, to help sus determine standings here in the NDL.

The very same methods he used in providing data to the BCS is used for our league.

With that, our BCS Point standings that we use uitlizes his ratings as the "computer" rating for our BCS forumula.

thusly, for our BCS here we use Coaches poll as 1/3, Media as 1/3 and Massey as 1/3 to dteremine the final BCS standings which is then used for Bowl assignements and help determining an NDL champion.....as true/sim like to real life as we can get.

I've spoken with Ken and he will give us our first update by Tuesday, which I will respond with the 1st release of a BCS standings for Season 10.

FYI - Good info can be found at his website

http://www.masseyratings.com/faq.htm

http://www.masseyratings.com/
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Massey Ratings

Post by ChampDizzle »

Is this still being used to determine our bcs? Didn't see it :?
xLiQx
Reactions:

Re: Massey Ratings

Post by xLiQx »

Woah! Top 10 I was, I was suprised I wasn't ranked in the big poll, I am guessing people didn't look at my 4 losses, to 3 top 10 teams at the end of the year, and I defeated at the time Baylor ranked top 5! Oh well, was a great season and a lot of fun!
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)

Return to “NDL Open Forum”