Next NDL Head Commish Announcement

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Next NDL Head Commish Announcement

Post by Nole4real »

Matt is legendary. We had NO IDEA just how lucky we were to have this guy in the league AND that he would commit his time to our league. From day 1 he has always been about what's best for the league and how could he help the league be even better or avoid any pitfalls. In all honesty, hands down the most effective commissioner attributed to him always making the right decision and embracing everyone....

...NO PRESSURE JD!

jk obviously, jd has come in and earned the joke of being Jeffmo in disguise. Let us not forget Jeff Morris is truly legendary and to be compared to him ain't exactly a bad thing. Jd has come in and quickly shown his commitment to the ndl and we certainly appreciate his commitment and time.

Great to have both these guys here
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Nole4real wrote:Matt is legendary. We had NO IDEA just how lucky we were to have this guy in the league AND that he would commit his time to our league. From day 1 he has always been about what's best for the league and how could he help the league be even better or avoid any pitfalls. In all honesty, hands down the most effective commissioner attributed to him always making the right decision and embracing everyone....

...NO PRESSURE JD!

jk obviously, jd has come in and earned the joke of being Jeffmo in disguise. Let us not forget Jeff Morris is truly legendary and to be compared to him ain't exactly a bad thing. Jd has come in and quickly shown his commitment to the ndl and we certainly appreciate his commitment and time.

Thanks Josh....
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Thank you all!

But let me say thank you to buckeye for his last couple years of service to this great community we know and love as the NDL.

I want to also thank those who came before him. Jeffmo, Nole, Mike and AJ.
I then want to thank all past, present and future Conference Commissioners. You really are the meat of this league. You are what keeps the interest of the other members up and what makes or breaks this league, in my opinion.

I then want to thank each individual member who is active in this league as of today.
We would not be what we are today without our members.

When I think about the NDL, this league has become an integral part of my life.
I not only use it for NCAA football, but I also use it for other things such as gamesharing, movie reviews, NFL, NCAA talks, etc. and news.
With 120 + members, originally, scattered throughout the US and the islands, you could usually hear it here first.
There are many, many reasons that we all decided to stay here in the NDL and I think the most important is our sense of community.

I encourage each and every one of you to get together in person when you can to get to know your fellow NDL brethren.
It will not only give you a few more friends in life, but it will also give you a more fulfilling experience.
Meeting guys like Dak (Joe), Plasma (Mike), Pino (Louis), cnasty (Corey), Nole (Josh), jeffdaddy (Jeff or Berekoff), Harder (Dale), Blackrain (Randall), to my homeboy oldschoola (Stan) who tried to trick me into believing he was a man on crutches at the airport in Vegas for the first time meeting, it makes it more personal.

I have also got to know, buckeye (Matt), ajalves (AJ), BigMike (Mike), I_S33M (Ryan) and good ol Sirloin (Beefy), shel311 (Shel), jsence (Jason) who was my first ever NDL opponent, over the past couple of years.
I apologize if I have missed anyone that I have met or got to know.

I look for these folks when scheduling OOC games, because after meeting face to face, it made my NDL experience much more personal.
It makes you feel like you do not want to let those guys down. You get to know them and you play straight up games out of a mutual respect for each other.
Anytime Pino travels to Cleveland for his job, we get together at the Tilted Kilt.

So it builds into much more than just an online NCAA game against someone that I am in a league with.

Lastly, I want to and cannot thank Holmey enough for all of his hard work in getting us into our own sustainable site (no more leaguedaddy) and then making these forums sweet!
You truly are thanked.

Now, onto me.
What can you expect from me as your next commissioner?

Those of you that know me or know enough about me, you know I am a no Mickey Mouse Bullshit type of guy.
As grown men, we should be able to handle the little stuff among yourselves.

Know that in any situation, I will handle it in the fairest possible way, based on the information at hand.

And Josh, yes, thank you to buckeye as I have learned a lot from him.
Mostly, how to keep a level head in times of frustration.

With that said, we are a community of grown men.
Sometimes we forget that, but you need to remember, as a commissioner, I have to take into account what is best for the league as a whole.

I know I am far from perfect, but I can tell you that I am an open and honest individual.
I live my life with the rule of, if you don't want my opinion, don't ask, cause if you do, you may receive an answer that you don't want to hear.
But I speak from the heart.

In a few recent posts, I have said a little motto that I believe in. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.
This is nothing personal to anyone in this league.
What I mean by it is that if you cannot be an adult, voice your opinions, give us some constructive feedback and help us work towards keeping the NDL the best gaming community out there, then maybe this is not the site for you.

Lastly, as Ryan posted above, I cannot say it any better myself:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:We all now need to work together to help create a gaming community not just built around NCAA now, and help him transition us to more of a open community towards all games.
Everyone up the ranks has put forth great amounts of time to help and keep it going, And to anyone who says its sunk/dead. All I can say is BYE, We don't need your negative thoughts or you here.
It takes us as a whole to keep this thing going. Let's move forward from an NCAA league to a gaming community of epic proportions.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Nole4real wrote:Matt is legendary. We had NO IDEA just how lucky we were to have this guy in the league AND that he would commit his time to our league. From day 1 he has always been about what's best for the league and how could he help the league be even better or avoid any pitfalls. In all honesty, hands down the most effective commissioner attributed to him always making the right decision and embracing everyone....

...NO PRESSURE JD!

Total side note....am I the only one who watches Nole's sig and reads the ridiculous stuff in it, and then realizes it took about 5 min to scroll through?

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

And yes, as Uuaww (Ted) posted, let the jeffmo jokes continue.
SIRLOIN
Reactions:

Post by SIRLOIN »

The_Niddler wrote:And yes, as Uuaww (Ted) posted, let the jeffmo jokes continue.
Congrats to you Niddler and thank you to Jeffmo, and Nole (I feel I like I owe Nolie a huge public apology)(if you think i'am a ass now? just ask nole) I'm sorry nole!!! bigmike and aj and buckeye all have been so kind to me! over the years! i'am here with you guy's until they plant me some where!1 long live the ndl!
Davie_Leggz
Reactions:

Post by Davie_Leggz »

Congrats JD!!! :D
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Thanks a ton Buckeye for your service and time bro and grats Niddler!
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

Sidenote: You know what bothers me? All of Holmey's work is now going to go unused.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

trendon wrote:Sidenote: You know what bothers me? All of Holmey's work is now going to go unused.
We will use the NDL2 site to run the smaller leagues.
There is a league link that already has some leagues setup from the past. We can try to use that for the smaller leagues going forward.

So Not all.
And we will keep as much of it intact as we can for hopes of future NCAA games.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I know Niddler is not Jeffmo. I've played GTA online with Jeffmo the last 4 or 5 days. Niddler was signed on off and on during that time as well.

Unless Niddler has two PS3's signed on with 2 different accounts......
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

I’d like to congratulate Buckeye on a very successful Presidency. He did an outstanding job and handled the rigors of the job with class. It can be a very frustrating experience, especially when this is your hobby and it turns into a job. Buckeye certainly joins a great list of guys that have held the position and made the NDL a better place.

When Buckeye announced his term was over Niddler was IDed as a guy that could transition the NDL post-NCAA. Nole, AJ, Mike, and Buckeye did a great job in their selection of Niddler. He’s a take care of business guy and that is what this league needs as it transitions in an entire new direction.

I have no doubt that he will put the pieces together and continue to enhance the NDL as the other have done. I think the vision for what the NDL will become is very strong and should really provide a lot of entertainment without having all our eggs in one basket anymore.

It’s a lot of work but I’m very confident Niddler will deliver.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

LetsGoPeay wrote:I know Niddler is not Jeffmo. I've played GTA online with Jeffmo the last 4 or 5 days. Niddler was signed on off and on during that time as well.

he actually does. Him, bearass and lytezout are common double buyers of multiple gameshare slots for the same game b/c they want it on multiple systems. (lytezout is for his kids).

So there goes that theory.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Uuaww wrote:
LetsGoPeay wrote:I know Niddler is not Jeffmo. I've played GTA online with Jeffmo the last 4 or 5 days. Niddler was signed on off and on during that time as well.

he actually does. Him, bearass and lytezout are common double buyers of multiple gameshare slots for the same game b/c they want it on multiple systems. (lytezout is for his kids).

So there goes that theory.

L O L!
I have 1 PS3 and now 1 PS4.
I have a wife that is a stay at home mom with a 7 month old at home.

No time or money to try to lead a double life! or do I?

chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

Congratulations Niddler!! and thanks for all the hard work and time you put in for us Buckeye!!
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

trendon wrote:Sidenote: You know what bothers me? All of Holmey's work is now going to go unused.
Meh.
ChampDizzle
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by ChampDizzle »

bucky is definitely a class guy, the others, meh ;)
Baker
Reactions:

Post by Baker »

Thanks Matt, job well done! Congrats to JD, now dont fuck it up! :D

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”