What's next for the NDL?

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: What's next for the NDL?

Post by Cnasty »

The Smoothie Stand
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

Cnasty wrote:The Smoothie Stand
i recently discovered how good frozen strawberries are, the flavor is always top notch.

Frozen strawberries, 1 banana, juice of half a lemon, vanilla yogurt. mix in blender.

The key to a good smoothie consistency is having 50% frozen fruit and 50% fresh along with yogurt. Adding ice or milk is always a mistake as it waters down the flavor.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

You really need to catch up once you hit American soil.

It's like you currently live in 1987
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Cnasty wrote:You really need to catch up once you hit American soil.

It's every night on COD man....every night...
krgkmg
Reactions:

Post by krgkmg »

I agree that this has morphed into a community and not just a gaming community. The games are what brought us together and will always be there but what has been created is much bigger than just that. You see guys meeting up in cities or planning destination trips to meet up and that would have never happened if not for this community based site built from NCAA Football. I know I do not post as often as I should but I am on the site virtually everyday and love reading the back and forth on many issues and reading about life changing events in everyone's lives. I do know that if I ever needed anything or support in anyway someone from the NDL would always be there and that is a true community.

As far as where we go from here, I know I want to be a part of whatever it ends up being. I have played in the Tiger, Madden, Fifa, and Hoops leagues we have done and love playing in all of those leagues. I like the idea of trying to continue dynasties in NCAA if the servers stay active. I think the Madden idea presented about different tiers is really good with relegation and promotions. I think potentially with NCAA Football going away as we know it it might help make some of those other leagues be more successful but agree it is about leadership and accountability. I know lots of guys play OOTP but perhaps we bring MLB: the Show into the league as well with a similar system to Madden. I think they can all work if we try and stick to the primary season that sport is in play. That always seems to have the most success for at least one season. I know I am just throwing things out there but just trying to find ways to help make it continue to work as a a community that happens to put together some pretty cool leagues or places to play with like minded players. I also have the PS4 and have no plans in the near future to get the XBOX but you never know. Obviously will keep the PS3 as long as we are still playing games on it in leagues.

I am glad this conversation was started and hope we can continue to brainstorm ideas and come to some sort of consensus about what we want to be. Thanks for a great run NCAA but looking forward to what the future will bring for us all!
-Keith (krgkmg)
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

ajalves wrote:
Cnasty wrote:You really need to catch up once you hit American soil.

It's every night on COD man....every night...
haha you love it.

Its amazing how backwards and behind I am on some shit, and so ahead of the curve on others (gamesharing, xbmc)
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

krgkmg wrote:I agree that this has morphed into a community and not just a gaming community. The games are what brought us together and will always be there but what has been created is much bigger than just that. You see guys meeting up in cities or planning destination trips to meet up and that would have never happened if not for this community based site built from NCAA Football. I know I do not post as often as I should but I am on the site virtually everyday and love reading the back and forth on many issues and reading about life changing events in everyone's lives. I do know that if I ever needed anything or support in anyway someone from the NDL would always be there and that is a true community.

As far as where we go from here, I know I want to be a part of whatever it ends up being. I have played in the Tiger, Madden, Fifa, and Hoops leagues we have done and love playing in all of those leagues. I like the idea of trying to continue dynasties in NCAA if the servers stay active. I think the Madden idea presented about different tiers is really good with relegation and promotions. I think potentially with NCAA Football going away as we know it it might help make some of those other leagues be more successful but agree it is about leadership and accountability. I know lots of guys play OOTP but perhaps we bring MLB: the Show into the league as well with a similar system to Madden. I think they can all work if we try and stick to the primary season that sport is in play. That always seems to have the most success for at least one season. I know I am just throwing things out there but just trying to find ways to help make it continue to work as a a community that happens to put together some pretty cool leagues or places to play with like minded players. I also have the PS4 and have no plans in the near future to get the XBOX but you never know. Obviously will keep the PS3 as long as we are still playing games on it in leagues.

I am glad this conversation was started and hope we can continue to brainstorm ideas and come to some sort of consensus about what we want to be. Thanks for a great run NCAA but looking forward to what the future will bring for us all!
-Keith (krgkmg)

Good post
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

To answer this question honestly. I personally have tried to bring other aspects into this league. I think that if more of the current members of the league embraced those ideas we would have more topics and success in going away from NCAA and into other games.

There is zero reason why more guys shouldn't be gamesharing. Yes, there is a core group of guys who only play NCAA, but I would suspect that number is under 10. Gamesharing allows guys to get games for a less cost and in turn makes leagues for other games more feasible. We have guys who buy a lot of games but don't gameshare, and I have no idea why. Even on the new PS4 you can get the game for $30 or often less.

Also unless the game is a blockbuster, no game except sports games are wanted. I would like that to change. Currently unless rocca and dak want a game, I have to go to an outside source to get a non sport game. If more people do it, guys will get to play a wider range of games.

Then, the more games we get, the more games guys can get for free. I put every game I personally get on the Rental/Free forum usually after 2 weeks (my average time playing a game) so that other guys can play them. If we have a larger community, more games can be available.

Finally, I would like to see more guys embrace XBMC. We are largely a non-technical group but finding new apps/streams is a large part of it. Also basic troubleshooting is better with more guys who know how. Even if you don't want to ditch cable, having a mini computer with every TV Show on it has its advantages. Also finding that obscure sports streams.

I am not the best person to set these things up but I am committed to them. I would like it if someone would help with gamesharing splitting (looking at bearass/niddler).

The NDL already has a lot to offer, guys just need to take advantage of it.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Uuaww wrote: Finally, I would like to see more guys embrace XBMC. We are largely a non-technical group but finding new apps/streams is a large part of it. Also basic troubleshooting is better with more guys who know how. Even if you don't want to ditch cable, having a mini computer with every TV Show on it has its advantages. Also finding that obscure sports streams.

if you were more customer friendly this might happen....
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Uuaww wrote:I put every game I personally get on the Rental/Free forum usually after 2 weeks (my average time playing a game) so that other guys can play them. If we have a larger community, more games can be available.
Not that you haven't done so in the past, but I think we may need to "market" this a little better. I have no clue how your gamesharing/rental system works, I just ask you for steps when i'm ready.

That being said, I didn't even know that I could "give you" games I'm done with for others to rent, so it may be a deal where guys just don't know that option is available to help others out.

I'll be coming to you once I'm done with COD, whenever that may be :lol:
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

ajalves wrote:
Uuaww wrote: Finally, I would like to see more guys embrace XBMC. We are largely a non-technical group but finding new apps/streams is a large part of it. Also basic troubleshooting is better with more guys who know how. Even if you don't want to ditch cable, having a mini computer with every TV Show on it has its advantages. Also finding that obscure sports streams.

I'm way more patient with XBMC then Gamesharing, ask shel.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Uuaww wrote:
ajalves wrote:

I'm way more patient with XBMC then Gamesharing, ask shel.

I dont mind overpaying for the ease and convienence of my Brighthouse. I have a job.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:
Uuaww wrote:I put every game I personally get on the Rental/Free forum usually after 2 weeks (my average time playing a game) so that other guys can play them. If we have a larger community, more games can be available.
Not that you haven't done so in the past, but I think we may need to "market" this a little better. I have no clue how your gamesharing/rental system works, I just ask you for steps when i'm ready.

That being said, I didn't even know that I could "give you" games I'm done with for others to rent, so it may be a deal where guys just don't know that option is available to help others out.

I'll be coming to you once I'm done with COD, whenever that may be :lol:
It varies on order downloaded. I probably need to overhaul the direction to it sometime soon. I make sure some guys are always able to give up for rentals because of their history of finishing games quickly (aj and corey)
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

ajalves wrote:I dont mind overpaying for the ease and convienence of my Brighthouse. I have a job.
Mr.Big Bucks over here!!
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Cnasty wrote:
ajalves wrote:I dont mind overpaying for the ease and convienence of my Brighthouse. I have a job.
Mr.Big Bucks over here!!
I have air conditioning too. :)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

krgkmg wrote:As far as where we go from here, I know I want to be a part of whatever it ends up being. I have played in the Tiger, Madden, Fifa, and Hoops leagues we have done and love playing in all of those leagues. I like the idea of trying to continue dynasties in NCAA if the servers stay active. I think the Madden idea presented about different tiers is really good with relegation and promotions. I think potentially with NCAA Football going away as we know it it might help make some of those other leagues be more successful but agree it is about leadership and accountability. I know lots of guys play OOTP but perhaps we bring MLB: the Show into the league as well with a similar system to Madden. I think they can all work if we try and stick to the primary season that sport is in play. That always seems to have the most success for at least one season. I know I am just throwing things out there but just trying to find ways to help make it continue to work as a a community that happens to put together some pretty cool leagues or places to play with like minded players. I also have the PS4 and have no plans in the near future to get the XBOX but you never know. Obviously will keep the PS3 as long as we are still playing games on it in leagues.

-Keith (krgkmg)

I agree with AJ, great post overall Keith.

I want to say that this is my attitude. I will be a part of the NDL or whatever name we give it.
I remember reading someone's post that the NDL is a brand and we should keep it. I agree completely.

And I apologize I don't remember who, I think nick, said name it the National Dynasty League so it is about leagues but not about one sport. I like it.
We keep the NDL name but change up the meaning a little.

My personal feelings on a few things is that whatever leagues we have, none are a requirement.
What I mean by this is that we can edit the NDL 2 site to keep stats and standings and what not for the individual leagues, but that we have sub-commissioners like we do today when it comes to these leagues/sports.

driccio started the NBA league. If he wants to keep it going, he would be the commissioner of the basketball leagues and they would run as he wants them to.
Obviously guys would be free to run their own OD's or whatever each game/sport is calling them.

But what I mean is that there is not just 1 commissioner like buckeye overseeing that league as a whole for the NDL.

The community would be a bunch of smaller sports/leagues that individually can do their own thing.

If it is jsence that runs FIFA, iRoc that runs Madden, Downing that runs Tiger Woods, I_S33M that runs an MLB: The Show league,

Then we have things like Uuaww's Gamesharing Forum (where for the record, I will gladly help)
Tech Corner - Where we can discuss anything tech related.
Off Topic - Continue this for anything that does not have a home.
Media Mania - This section can be very good for reviews of different things and the Clip of the Day thread has some real gems in it.

When I mentioned adding in XBox, I don't mean a complete XBox takeover, but there are many guys here that have both systems.
I was simply saying, let's give them their own thread and they can start sub threads under it.
But let's give them a place where they can chat about things XBox related.
On that same token, we currently have an NCAA and PS3 info thread, I would like to make this just a PS thread.

The Open forum goes away. We will not have NCAA rankings to post in here anymore and anything else can fit in the PS thread or the Off Topic thread, etc.
The Female forum obviously stays.
League Intro thread stays. Any new member to the NDL would be required to post here telling us a little about themselves and if they were referred in, who referred them.
NDL Convention thread stays if/when get togethers ever happen.

I won't go through each and every one, but I think you can see my thoughts.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
SIRLOIN
Reactions:

Post by SIRLOIN »

The_Niddler wrote:
krgkmg wrote:As far as where we go from here, I know I want to be a part of whatever it ends up being. I have played in the Tiger, Madden, Fifa, and Hoops leagues we have done and love playing in all of those leagues. I like the idea of trying to continue dynasties in NCAA if the servers stay active. I think the Madden idea presented about different tiers is really good with relegation and promotions. I think potentially with NCAA Football going away as we know it it might help make some of those other leagues be more successful but agree it is about leadership and accountability. I know lots of guys play OOTP but perhaps we bring MLB: the Show into the league as well with a similar system to Madden. I think they can all work if we try and stick to the primary season that sport is in play. That always seems to have the most success for at least one season. I know I am just throwing things out there but just trying to find ways to help make it continue to work as a a community that happens to put together some pretty cool leagues or places to play with like minded players. I also have the PS4 and have no plans in the near future to get the XBOX but you never know. Obviously will keep the PS3 as long as we are still playing games on it in leagues.

-Keith (krgkmg)

I agree with AJ, great post overall Keith.

I want to say that this is my attitude. I will be a part of the NDL or whatever name we give it.
I remember reading someone's post that the NDL is a brand and we should keep it. I agree completely.

And I apologize I don't remember who, I think nick, said name it the National Dynasty League so it is about leagues but not about one sport. I like it.
We keep the NDL name but change up the meaning a little.

My personal feelings on a few things is that whatever leagues we have, none are a requirement.
What I mean by this is that we can edit the NDL 2 site to keep stats and standings and what not for the individual leagues, but that we have sub-commissioners like we do today when it comes to these leagues/sports.

driccio started the NBA league. If he wants to keep it going, he would be the commissioner of the basketball leagues and they would run as he wants them to.
Obviously guys would be free to run their own OD's or whatever each game/sport is calling them.

But what I mean is that there is not just 1 commissioner like buckeye overseeing that league as a whole for the NDL.

The community would be a bunch of smaller sports/leagues that individually can do their own thing.

If it is jsence that runs FIFA, iRoc that runs Madden, Downing that runs Tiger Woods, I_S33M that runs an MLB: The Show league,

Then we have things like Uuaww's Gamesharing Forum (where for the record, I will gladly help)
Tech Corner - Where we can discuss anything tech related.
Off Topic - Continue this for anything that does not have a home.
Media Mania - This section can be very good for reviews of different things and the Clip of the Day thread has some real gems in it.

When I mentioned adding in XBox, I don't mean a complete XBox takeover, but there are many guys here that have both systems.
I was simply saying, let's give them their own thread and they can start sub threads under it.
But let's give them a place where they can chat about things XBox related.
On that same token, we currently have an NCAA and PS3 info thread, I would like to make this just a PS thread.

The Open forum goes away. We will not have NCAA rankings to post in here anymore and anything else can fit in the PS thread or the Off Topic thread, etc.
The Female forum obviously stays.
League Intro thread stays. Any new member to the NDL would be required to post here telling us a little about themselves and if they were referred in, who referred them.
NDL Convention thread stays if/when get togethers ever happen.

I won't go through each and every one, but I think you can see my thoughts.
I'm sticking with the ndl to the end! I love the thoughts on here all of them except the xbox!
TO HELL WITH BILL GATES, TO HELL WITH THE SHITBOX! I know we have a few misguided souls who have a SHITBOX. the ndl has always been a Sony playstation league/ community!
(xbox rant over, god I feel better)
Hoos
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by Hoos »

Bill Gates vs. Beefy...

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”