Guess run......

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
autiger730
Reactions:

Guess run......

Post by autiger730 »

Still banned, correct?
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: Guess run......

Post by The_Niddler »

According to the rules as they are wrote today, yes, it is banned since 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124

Should we keep this banned? I do not remember why it was banned.

This is something to talk about though, especially with the option working so well this year.
Has anyone used it this season and what is your feedback?
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

it was banned b/c it was broken and EA was dumb. If you guessed run (didn't matter which way if you did middle and it wasn't a toss) you would blow up their offensive line for a guaranteed loss. Then last year, it wasn't really fixed. No idea about this year. Let the guys who play this game a shitload figure that out.
BigStimpin
Reactions:

Post by BigStimpin »

NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW!!! Strategy points are no longer so it be your word vs his. I say it's a free for all ladies and gentlemen, especially with all the concern over weak defense.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BigStimpin wrote:NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW!!!
You will know, you'll see the DL and linebackers all crashing one way or the other (or middle).
ImageImageImage
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

BigStimpin wrote:NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW!!! Strategy points are no longer so it be your word vs his. I say it's a free for all ladies and gentlemen, especially with all the concern over weak defense.

I ve messed with it just so I know what it looks like. Your right strat points are no longer.

But guess the run is still over done from what I seen.
OracleHCR
Reactions:

Post by OracleHCR »

since I broadcast all my games everyone will know if they are used against me. ;) keying on the qb or back on option plays works pretty good against the option. It can also burn you if you select wrong or miss a tackle.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

I think we should allow it now. For one we eliminate the controversy that is guaranteed to come (because we all know someone will accuse someone else of doing it at some point) if we leave it banned. Secondly, I've tried it out in a few games several dozen times, and while if you run a toss to the right and the D guesses the same it is getting blown up, the same is not true for runs up the middle. It will stop it much of the time, but it's not a 100% lock. Not to mention that you have an easy big play on offense when the D guesses wrong.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

fsupenguin wrote:I think we should allow it now. For one we eliminate the controversy that is guaranteed to come (because we all know someone will accuse someone else of doing it at some point) if we leave it banned.
I am trying to understand your logic here. It has been banned since 2010 and I don't recall us having an issue with it.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

BigStimpin wrote:NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW!!! Strategy points are no longer so it be your word vs his. I say it's a free for all ladies and gentlemen, especially with all the concern over weak defense.
Stimpin, you and I have never had any problems, but your post above, :evil:
That is not the NDL way.

You know better. We want to make decisions with the league's best interest in mind.
We don't do things because no one will ever know.
We are a league that prides ourselves on straight up football.

If it is fixed and makes the most sense to lift the ban, then we will, but if it still causes issues, then it will remain banned.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

The_Niddler wrote:
fsupenguin wrote:I think we should allow it now. For one we eliminate the controversy that is guaranteed to come (because we all know someone will accuse someone else of doing it at some point) if we leave it banned.
I am trying to understand your logic here. It has been banned since 2010 and I don't recall us having an issue with it.
Because before this season it was very clear if your opponent was doing it, and with this game it is not the case at all. No only are there no strategy points, but I've noticed while it works on runs to the outside, on plays up the middle it doesn't hardly any different from calling a play that sends 7 or 8 blitzers.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

fsupenguin wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:
Because before this season it was very clear if your opponent was doing it, and with this game it is not the case at all. No only are there no strategy points, but I've noticed while it works on runs to the outside, on plays up the middle it doesn't hardly any different from calling a play that sends 7 or 8 blitzers.

Strategy points were not present in last years game either, were they?
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

I thought they were in last years game.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

Yeah you could see strat points last year.

Also it's very easy to tell when someone uses it. It's cheesy as hell. I really think this would be a bad idea for the league as a whole. Most of us are looking to play a football game for an hour.

If you like the feature that's great. I just don't think it has a place in the NDL.

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”