Wildcat Formation

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Wildcat Formation

Post by Whittness10 »

I was just reading through some of the rules and I had a question whether the Wildcat formation was an acceptable formation. I know a lot of teams have this formation in their playbooks, but from what i've read it says that only a QB can play in the QB position. Didn't know if this formation was an exception to the rule or if this was banned. I didn't use any Wildcat last season but I was wanting to implement some if I could. Thanks.
autiger730
Reactions:

Re: Wildcat Formation

Post by autiger730 »

I have never heard of it being banned.
PSN & 360: AUTiger730
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

To my knowledge it is not banned.

I would say as we always state, use it in moderation.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

I use it a few times per game and I actually enjoy seeing some other guys use it as well. I like the diversity and change of pace.
PSN: ReignOnU
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

ReignOnU wrote:I use it a few times per game and I actually enjoy seeing some other guys use it as well. I like the diversity and change of pace.
I agree. I like playing when people use this, the option, a fake punt here or there.
I dont want 123 of us playing the exact same way. Mix it up a little, again, just in moderation.

I liked when I played Rutgers and dak ran a no huddle. It was different and a challenge and made it a lot of fun in my opinion.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

That rule was made for a year when the direct snap went to the hb. Like everyone else said, use moderation and you should be fine.
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

Hb direct still exists. You have to dig around for it but I know it is at least one formation. I was tempted to throw it in and try it in a scrim an see the reaction it got. :lol:
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Colorado has a decent tailback so I was looking to use it maybe 2 or 3 times a game just to mix things up a bit and maybe break off a big play. Its not gonna be like the Broncos last year where I run this every play thats for sure. I like mixing things up a lot, like going from IForm tight to 5 wide the very next play, just makes things fun for me
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

autiger730 wrote:Hb direct still exists. You have to dig around for it but I know it is at least one formation. I was tempted to throw it in and try it in a scrim an see the reaction it got. :lol:

I haven't seen it in a formation like Shotgun Normal, where it broke the AI. But you there is a QB Power right out of the wildcat formations that you can run. (I have) The play doesn't break AI and actually it kind of sucks, so I pretty much avoid it.
PSN: ReignOnU
kdog36
Reactions:

Post by kdog36 »

Whittness10 wrote:Colorado has a decent tailback so I was looking to use it maybe 2 or 3 times a game just to mix things up a bit and maybe break off a big play. Its not gonna be like the Broncos last year where I run this every play thats for sure. I like mixing things up a lot, like going from IForm tight to 5 wide the very next play, just makes things fun for me
It is banned in the PAC 12
autiger730
Reactions:

Post by autiger730 »

ReignOnU wrote:
autiger730 wrote:Hb direct still exists. You have to dig around for it but I know it is at least one formation. I was tempted to throw it in and try it in a scrim an see the reaction it got. :lol:

I haven't seen it in a formation like Shotgun Normal, where it broke the AI. But you there is a QB Power right out of the wildcat formations that you can run. (I have) The play doesn't break AI and actually it kind of sucks, so I pretty much avoid it.
I can't remember what form it was in, I wanna say it was a shotgun spread formation like spread flex or something, but is still around.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

ReignOnU wrote:
I haven't seen it in a formation like Shotgun Normal, where it broke the AI.

This.....
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The_Niddler wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:I use it a few times per game and I actually enjoy seeing some other guys use it as well. I like the diversity and change of pace.
I agree. I like playing when people use this, the option, a fake punt here or there.
I dont want 123 of us playing the exact same way. Mix it up a little, again, just in moderation.

I liked when I played Rutgers and dak ran a no huddle. It was different and a challenge and made it a lot of fun in my opinion.
Unfortunately no one can really run an effective no-huddle this year since every receiver has to wave their hands in the air (acting like they just don't care) after every play because QBs can't seem to use hand signals and have to scream every play to every player when you no huddle. Really mucks up the flow.

Stupid EA.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

dakshdar wrote:every receiver has to wave their hands in the air (acting like they just don't care)

Stupid EA.
:lol: :lol:
UclaMac
Reactions:

Post by UclaMac »

Whitness, I think its ok, unless you use it against me in our game and you get a big play from it, then its banned and an auto loss.

Thanks for your cooperation!
VeniVediV1ci
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VeniVediV1ci »

dakshdar wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:

Unfortunately no one can really run an effective no-huddle this year since every receiver has to wave their hands in the air (acting like they just don't care) after every play because QBs can't seem to use hand signals and have to scream every play to every player when you no huddle. Really mucks up the flow.

Stupid EA.
i was wondering about this or if Malcolm Brown got run too many times so he went deaf...

I like Wildcat, but it's not very effective in my experience
swellvermin
Reactions:

Post by swellvermin »

fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

The HB direct in this game nearly always results in a loss of yards, only time I've see it work is again like maxzone when only 2 rushers are coming. And even then, nothing special.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

It probably won't result in anything good for me either. I've used it a couple times with Nebraska in an OD and it works occasionally.
Quest4Gold
Reactions:

Post by Quest4Gold »

autiger730 wrote:
ReignOnU wrote:

I can't remember what form it was in, I wanna say it was a shotgun spread formation like spread flex or something, but is still around.
Yeah that is my base offense no huddle direct snap. My quarterback regularly were the field.

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”