35 Point Rule

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
NCAA Dynasty League
Site Admin
Reactions:

35 Point Rule

Post by NCAA Dynasty League »

While opinions may vary, 35 is the general consensous on a fair margin that allows for fun and the spirit of competition while more importantly, keeping the spirit of sportsmanship intact in the league.

The line has to be drawn hard at some place and 35 is it.

NDL Staff has seen 11 seasons now. We've heard every excuse for going over 35. Bottom line is this;

There are PLENTY of things you can do to PREVENT yourself from breaking this rule.

I've seen all kinds of responses on this subject - "If I'm winning by 35, I'll drive down to the 10, then kneel the ball 4 times", "I'd punt from the 20", "I'd run to the line and dive down 4 times"

I dont really care for any of the above.

You MUST remember that sportsmanship is a HUGE part of this league. IF you're fortunate enough to be "good enough" or have a team good enough to get yourself in that position, you have to remember it's not yoo that makes the NDL able to be a 119 person league. "Good" coaches are a dime a dozen. We can go pull 20 players from the East lobby right now who can win games.

What makes this league is the guys who wont win in BCS Championships, they may barely get bowl games. But they play the game to have fun, get a few wins, and be a part of what I consider one of the best "hobbies" us grown men can have.

THOSE guys are the league, and if you're beating them by more than 35 points, they're not having fun and we risk losing a coach in that position.

Back to the point, there are plenty of things to do to keep from breaking this rule AND EQUALLY IMPORTANT, show some sportsmanship.

Run plays that dont work. Call SG forms and sub in the FB...give him the ball on a draw. Put the fb in and call a toss, or counter.

On defense, call man coveages with no blitzing. Hot route a guy in man coverage to zone to leave a man open in "broken coverage". Heck...unless you're fog or BigMike, user control a lb or saftey in man coverage..thats sure to produce an open man Surprised

Bottom line is you dont HAVE to let your opponent know you're calling off the dogs. IT is part of your responsibility to NDL to try to make sure you BOTH are having fun. IF you're blowing someone out, rest assured they're not having fun. Always keep the goals of the league and the "big picture" in mind.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: 35 Point Rule

Post by buckeye76 »

Bump. Just for everyone to reread. You break this rule, no matter who you are or how long you have been here, you will be removed from the league immediately.

Thanks

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”