40.40.20 Point System

League rules, pertinent Links, and league announcements can be found here.
NCAA Dynasty League
Site Admin
Reactions:

40.40.20 Point System

Post by NCAA Dynasty League »

The NDL utilizes a 40-40-20 point system as a basis to determine "success" (and I use the term loosely), in conjunction to simulate the meeting of an Athletic Director / Fans / Schools expectations.

This process is close to that of the offline Dynasty mode, with a few tweaks for "workability" here in our online world.

If you notice, 40+40+20=100.

Ideally a "perfect" score is 100, but with chances for bonuses, a score greater than 100 is possible.

The 1st 40 of the formula is the most in important in spirit. When NDL 1st started we based 100% of a coaches "success" from on the field accomplishments. While we do love competition, it was realized that for the NDL to be truly special, winning should NOT be judged to be "everything"

Furthermore, we wanted the league to be self-sustaining and allow EACH and EVERY coach to have input as to who stays, who goes and allow QUALITY of your game with any coach be a factor in determining success.

With that Jeff came up with the idea for the coaches reports.

Coaches reports are based on your average grade from your 12 games (highest and lowest score discarded), and multiplied by 20 resulting in perfect scores of 100 down to a theoretically lowest score of 20.

That number is then multiplied by .40 to determine the percentage of the 40 in the 404020 you receive from Coaches reports.

Example - Coach Jack McCockoff receives an 86 on his coach’s reports. 86X.40= 34.

So of his 40 in the 404020, he now has 34+(TBD)+(TBD)

The next 40 is for participation or as vets call it...."easy money"

Simply, it is comprised of 4 parts. Submitting polls, submitting coach’s reports, entering stats, entering recaps. Each part is 10 points.

So lets say Coach McCockoff does all but 2 polls, does all his coaches reports, does all his stats but doesn’t get 3 recaps in on time or they are too small to qualify as a recap. He earns 35 points.

He's now looking at 34+35+(TBD)

The last 20 is season success.

While we do emphasis that "winning isn’t everything" we're all big boys here. Competition is fun and obviously a HUGE element in College football.

Season success goals can be found in your contracts. At any point in the season you should be able to figure out where you are and if your AD is happy with you or not.

Let’s say McCockoff has a great run, and gets 22 points out of 20 due to also hitting bonuses along the way.

He now stands at 34+35+22 for a FINAL GRADE of 91.

The below is a table showing # goals for teams based on EA letter grade ratings.

"A+" - 97.5
"A" - 95
"A-" - 92.5
"B+" - 87.5
"B" - 85
"B-" - 82.5
"C+" - 77.5
"C" - 75
"C-" - 72.5
"D+" - 67.5
"D" - 65
"D-" - 62.5

As you can see, the higher rated team you select, the more expectations you will have from the AD and the school.

In this case were Jack at an A- school, despite going 10-2, 11-1, or even 12-0, he would NOT be able to retain his job due primarily to his Coaches reports and winning "the wrong way".

Post here if you have any questions and someone will try to help.

Thanks

NDL STAFF
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Re: 40.40.20 Point System

Post by IceMorbid »

Hey guys. How do you calculate the 20 points for season success score (exactly)? I've read everything I can find but still don't know how it all scores out: win/losses count (vs. even/better/worse teams), rivalry games, bowl games.

Any clarification would be much appreciated - thanks!
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

IceMorbid wrote:Hey guys. How do you calculate the 20 points for season success score (exactly)? I've read everything I can find but still don't know how it all scores out: win/losses count (vs. even/better/worse teams), rivalry games, bowl games.

Any clarification would be much appreciated - thanks!
Check the coaches contracts in the conference sections.
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Thank you VERY much for the breakdown! I couldn't seem to find anything else as the Coaches Contract (first place I checked) didn't have anything in it beyond win 10 games - could be because the season is long over and those goals are now gone (not sure.)

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to do a breakdown bro.
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs

Return to “NCAA Dynasty League Information”