69%
No
31%

Total votes: 13

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Fan Loyalty

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Should we have a structured way of how teams gain or lose loyalty? I see that Panama City moved up to above average Loyalty after a 101 loss season. There should be no reason why they move up when Sugar Land and Steel City led the AL in wins and they didn't get a bump. I have a formula for how to promote/demote based on performance but just want to see where people are on this. I can send you the promotion/demotion criteria via slack if you want to see what I have been working on.
ImageImageImage
qazhby
Reactions:

Re: Fan Loyalty

Post by qazhby »

I think personally my biggest issue is that we don't understand how market size's move up or down, it looks like for fictional leagues it is initially set by the payroll, but I can't find any information on how it changes on the forums.

in MLB leagues it looks like its stagnate and doesn't really change over time until they release a new OOTP version.

If you look at it like an equation you have y(revenue)= m(fan loyalty)x(Fan interest)+B(market size)

This gives you y=mx+b which is a very general formula for how revenue works, the issues with this is that we have no idea how that B variable actually works
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I don't think we need to get that complicated for a computer game. I think if we set some milestones for promotion/demotion for both loyalty and market size that will give everyone an idea of how to achieve the next bump or avoid that bump down.
ImageImageImage
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Just wanted to show how revenue (i think) works in the game

I just don't think the variable works in the way that I think they should work
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

qazhby wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:57 pm Just wanted to show how revenue (i think) works in the game

I just don't think the variable works in the way that I think they should work
Isn't revenue pretty simple? How much money did you make. That's it. Or were you trying to show how the game tries to decide market value?
ImageImageImage
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Trying to show how you make the money
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

lets go people, get out and vote again today
ImageImageImage