67%
No
33%

Total votes: 24

TheGobOne
Reactions:

Enable Minor League age limits?

Post by TheGobOne »

I would like to institute the following age restrictions on the minor league levels:

R - 23
A- - 25
A- 26
AA - 28
AAA - None

If you look at ALL the minor league champions this year it's basically fully developed players playing waaaay below where they should be. The R champions have a 31 yr old on their roster.

Also, with Ghost Players on again this should barely be an issue for those who don't want to manage it. Have your AGM manage your minors (or ask the AI to sort them for you once in a while) and should be a very minor inconvenience.
Caryr @ charleston
Reactions:

Re: Enable Minor League age limits?

Post by Caryr @ charleston »

Yes
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Yes
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Yes
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

Some things don’t need voting and you should just do. I think this is one of them as the ages you listed are still pretty old.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

TheGobOne wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:59 pm I would like to institute the following age restrictions on the minor league levels:

R - 23
A- - 25
A- 26
AA - 28
AAA - None

If you look at ALL the minor league champions this year it's basically fully developed players playing waaaay below where they should be. The R champions have a 31 yr old on their roster.

Also, with Ghost Players on again this should barely be an issue for those who don't want to manage it. Have your AGM manage your minors (or ask the AI to sort them for you once in a while) and should be a very minor inconvenience.
So the ghosties are back? In that case... I'm for it.
ImageImageImageImage
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

wdoupis wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:44 pm Some things don’t need voting and you should just do. I think this is one of them as the ages you listed are still pretty old.
Probably right. Just trying to be transparent and I remember last time a lot of people voted no because the ages were too low so I bumped them a year. I basically took verbatim from the old thread except the player on the R team is 31 instead of 30 lol.

Just getting this implemented will be a nice first step. Ages can always be adjusted IMO but getting it started is key.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Calling this one passed at 15-7 and implementing in to game immediately.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

will it block those ages automatically or do we need to be on alert and self police it?
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

DRiccio21 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:03 am will it block those ages automatically or do we need to be on alert and self police it?
Ya it will say "X doesn't match the requirements for this level" or something like that if you try to move a guy down too low.
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

TheGobOne wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:05 am
DRiccio21 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:03 am will it block those ages automatically or do we need to be on alert and self police it?
Ya it will say "X doesn't match the requirements for this level" or something like that if you try to move a guy down too low.
I envision it being similar to when a guy is too old for the IC and it gives you an error message
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

TheGobOne wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:05 am

When you go to export it should give you a message about it too.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

man that sounds amazing. why wasnt this implemented sooner if its just an alert?

although tbh, none of it truly matters. ive never gone away from age based levels and my players develop just fine.

Return to “Winter Meetings”