No
52%

Total votes: 27

wdoupis
Reactions:

Re: Increase injury rating from Low to Normal

Post by wdoupis »

I always note no for two reasons.

1. Guys go to fragile/wrecked way too easily. I know Ryan said it was relative to the setting but I never saw that and formed this opinion while we were on normal the first 25 seasons I played.

2. This one is more important but we don’t have the ability to adapt day to day. You lose two middle IFers on a Monday and you are totally fucked for a week and there is nothing you can do.

I get some of the arguments for it and wouldn’t be upset either way but I will always vote no
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

all teams were 'filled' by ghost players until this recent rule change.

every rule we've made for the past 70 or so seasons was done so with the intent to be sim with the exception of a few things that just made life easier for commish's.

having the amount of excess talent we have in this league is far and away our biggest issue and has been for ages. i don't bitch about much, but i've brought it up countless times... as has shel and a few others.

there is almost no need for any sort of critical thinking when constructing a team in our league. you can essentially trade off depth and find 1 player at every ML position and be somewhat confident you've got a team for 5-7 years without having to ever consider using your minor league depth. the worst case is you go into free agency and get a slightly above replacement level player just sitting out there for next to nothing until your injured starter gets back.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

DRiccio21 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:54 pm all teams were 'filled' by ghost players until this recent rule change.

every rule we've made for the past 70 or so seasons was done so with the intent to be sim with the exception of a few things that just made life easier for commish's.

having the amount of excess talent we have in this league is far and away our biggest issue and has been for ages. i don't bitch about much, but i've brought it up countless times... as has shel and a few others.

there is almost no need for any sort of critical thinking when constructing a team in our league. you can essentially trade off depth and find 1 player at every ML position and be somewhat confident you've got a team for 5-7 years without having to ever consider using your minor league depth. the worst case is you go into free agency and get a slightly above replacement level player just sitting out there for next to nothing until your injured starter gets back.
Well said sir. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

GeorgesGoons wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:56 pm
DRiccio21 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:50 pm Why play a sim game and not want it to be sim?
Is it really sim though? We have teams that do not fill their minors up is just one example
Really? That's what you're going to point to as not being sim in our league? :lol:

Just for you shel, I did actually vote to go back to normal.

Return to “Winter Meetings”