No
58%

Total votes: 24

Blanco
Reactions:

Make the draft a normal amount of time.

Post by Blanco »

This is how the draft went last year:

Jan 27 opening day. (in game date April 5)

Feb 3, 6 a.m. first pick (in game date May 24)
Feb 4, clock goes on (in game date May 25)
Feb 5, 9:35 a.m. last pick. (in game date May 26)

What I see is seven wasted IRL days, followed by one sort of wasted day (only six picks made off the clock), followed by an unneccessary rush to get it done in 24 hours. Insanity.

What I propose:

Turn the draft on as soon as opening day sim ends, leave it clock off for two IRL days.
Turn the clock on after the 3rd sim and set it to 24 hours (game date approx 4/20), leave it that way for two IRL days.
If the draft reaches round 2 before the usual sim 8 start time, flip it to 12 hours.
If the draft reaches round 3 before the usual sim 8 start time, flip it to 8 hours.
Once you hit sim 8, just do the same stupid clock you're already doing. We've proven we can do the draft in two days.

This proposal just relaxes the beginning of the draft when it matters a little, and doesn't punt that wasted IRL week when you can look at the pool and do nothing with it.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Re: Make the draft a normal amount of time.

Post by TheGobOne »

I don't mind an earlier draft start at all. The only issue I have is I'm not sure I can manage the time changes like that. I am not 100% sure on it but I believe once the draft starts I can't edit the amount of time per pick for each rd so we'd have to work that out. But I do like an earlier draft.
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

I am changing my vote to no.The scouting reports constantly change up until the exact draft day. So, I’ve drafted players whose ratings change during the sim when they become part of the organization. And yes I fully scout them so they are all very highly scouted.
I agree with Blanco though the current format is way too fast and is frustrating.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Ry wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:01 am I am changing my vote to no.The scouting reports constantly change up until the exact draft day. So, I’ve drafted players whose ratings change during the sin when they become part of the organization.
I agree with Blanco though the current format is way too fast and basically sucks.
That is fixable with a setting. You can have the development of draft eligible players pause once the draft pool is revealed officially, which around Spring Training.
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

Never mind, I am unable to change my vote.

Is that a setting I have to change?
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Ry wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:04 am Never mind, I am unable to change my vote.

No it's the poll creator.
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

TheGobOne wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:03 am
Ry wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:01 am I am changing my vote to no.The scouting reports constantly change up until the exact draft day. So, I’ve drafted players whose ratings change during the sin when they become part of the organization.
I agree with Blanco though the current format is way too fast and basically sucks.
That is fixable with a setting. You can have the development of draft eligible players pause once the draft pool is revealed officially, which around Spring Training.
Sorry I meant this quote here where are you say it’s a fixable setting for draft alible eligible players
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Ry wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:06 am
TheGobOne wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:03 am
Sorry I meant this quote here where are you say it’s a fixable setting for draft alible eligible players
No that's a league setting. If this poll passes we can vote on that. I'd imagine anyone in favor of longer draft time would be in favor or that as well but we'll see how it shakes out.
Blanco
Reactions:

Post by Blanco »

TheGobOne wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:57 am I don't mind an earlier draft start at all. The only issue I have is I'm not sure I can manage the time changes like that. I am not 100% sure on it but I believe once the draft starts I can't edit the amount of time per pick for each rd so we'd have to work that out. But I do like an earlier draft.
In that case I suggest 2 days of no clock, then set 12 hours until the end of the second, then do the super fast from the third on.
Blanco
Reactions:

Post by Blanco »

TheGobOne wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:04 am
Ry wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:04 am Never mind, I am unable to change my vote.

No it's the poll creator.
Denying this request. Thanks for your vote!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the clock cannot be adjusted once the draft started.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

The_Niddler wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:29 am I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the clock cannot be adjusted once the draft started.
You are correct. You have to pre-determine the amount of time for each round ahead of time. You can't adjust on the fly other than manually adjusting when picks are due which is not gonna happen lol.
Blanco
Reactions:

Post by Blanco »

There's a better way to structure this for next year. Two weeks of looking and two days of drafting are dumb. I'll be back. You just wait.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

Vote failed 10-14. But some good ideas here, will try to improve draft timing this year.

Return to “Winter Meetings”