50%
No
50%

Total votes: 28

TheGobOne
Reactions:

Age limits for minor league teams

Post by TheGobOne »

I would like to institute the following age restrictions on the minor league levels:

R - 23
A- - 25
A- 26
AA - 28
AAA - None

If you look at ALL the minor league champions this year it's basically fully developed players playing waaaay too low of levels in the minors. The R champions have a 30 yr old on their roster.

I am 99% sure that young under-developed players playing against older fully developed players can hurt the specs development. Imagine a 19 yr old facing a 27yr old fully developed pitcher. Now imagine that 3/5 times through the rotation. It creates struggles for the specs.

I'm not hard set on the ages but I think there needs to be some kind of restrictions to stop 28/29/30 yr olds playing against 18/19/20 yr olds.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Re: Age limits for minor league teams

Post by wdoupis »

I think its a great idea if you enforce it. I was too lazy to do so but if you are up for it I would not even vote and just make it a rule as it is common sense.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

thought we already had something like this. but think this should be a no brainer. i'm open to being lenient on the years a little but no reason for developed older dudes to be hanging around low levels.
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

DRiccio21 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:29 am thought we already had something like this. but think this should be a no brainer. i'm open to being lenient on the years a little but no reason for developed older dudes to be hanging around low levels.
Yeah i like the idea, but not necessarily the age limits. I think they are a little too low- especially R ball
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

wdoupis wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:55 am I think its a great idea if you enforce it. I was too lazy to do so but if you are up for it I would not even vote and just make it a rule as it is common sense.
If you set the ages in the game it will popup when people try to export when a player is over the age limit. Also if you sort your minors by AI (or let your Asst GM do it) any player who ages out will get put in DFA and you can then decide what to do with them.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Last time we really talked about assistant GMs was a looooong time ago and there was a bunch of issues.

Are folks now using these guys? I've never had one.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

4 more sims to vote on this. I can up the R ball age to 23 (as I know there are some late bloomers) but the rest feel fine. This means a guy can play in A- until he turns 25 as he would be 24.x years old.

I also allowed you to change your vote in case this changes anyone's mind.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

I realized I have to close this vote now so people can do their rosters. Vote failed 14-13. Thread remains open for future discussion.
qazhby
Reactions:

Post by qazhby »

Changed my vote-

After looking at it I think the age ranges are fine.

Also I think Ghost Players probably balance out the overdeveloped guys which is a whole nother issue which I think we should solve.
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

qazhby wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:40 am Changed my vote-

After looking at it I think the age ranges are fine.

Also I think Ghost Players probably balance out the overdeveloped guys which is a whole nother issue which I think we should solve.
I agree, I despise ghost players tbh.

Return to “Winter Meetings”