33%
No
67%

Total votes: 18

GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Hiring Coaches

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Would like to see some discussion regarding manager promotions from within your organization. Ever since we moved to OOTP22 I have not been able to hire coaches from within the organization. During the off season last year I tried firing my manager and promote my AAA manager, he wasn't interested in a MLB job. So I tried promoting my SA manager, who should not be coaching above A ball and he had no interest in taking the job. I fired my whole coaching staff and tried to promote from within and most of the promotions were refused.

Here are a couple of threads from the OOTP forum where other managers are having the same issue:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/sho ... =promoting

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/sho ... ht=manager

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/sho ... p?t=332398
The only time a developer answered a question regarding all the threads I went thru...and it's a BS response that has nothing to do with the problem

this one only slightly touches on the issue

I talked with Ryan about this and he said he could override this and promote your coaches from within your organization. My suggestion is after some discussion is for people to vote to allow Ryan to make these promotions for your team.
ImageImageImage
qazhby
Reactions:

Re: Hiring Coaches

Post by qazhby »

Voted yes even though this is hilarious that this is only happening to George in the league lmao
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

qazhby wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:36 pm Voted yes even though this is hilarious that this is only happening to George in the league lmao
Has anyone even tried though? There is a thread from Ryan (MJ) that says he has the same problems
ImageImageImage
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

I am having the same problems too tbh. Guys just randomly won't accept a promotion for no reason. Then ask for a raise or promotion then get signed by other teams. This happens in my offline games a ton too.
Graywolf357
Reactions:

Post by Graywolf357 »

I have promoted my coach’s didn’t know it was not working.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

It would make sense they want a raise - they're likely getting paid well under the major league equivalent based on their minor league salary.

If people accept their raise request do they still not move up to the next level?
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

dakshdar wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:18 pm It would make sense they want a raise - they're likely getting paid well under the major league equivalent based on their minor league salary.

If people accept their raise request do they still not move up to the next level?
I've had coaches who literally move to no other position and would not accept an extension. I personally think it's remnants of the cohesion system screwing up. Even though we have it turned off.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Interesting. I would say we should not be considering the idea of signing a good coach to a minor league position at a reduced rate and then allowing a forced promotion to the majors. Just because that coach signed the deal to be the AAA manager, he would not have signed for the same salary for the major league position. It's pretty obvious this is true in the game, so allowing a commish promotion at a kept salary would be pretty bad (if we're headed that direction).

Do we need to expand this to say that if the commish has to force the promotion the coach would be paid the average of the other coaches in that position around the league?
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

i have zero problem with them getting paid an average coach wage for the MLB level.
ImageImageImage
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

dakshdar wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm Interesting. I would say we should not be considering the idea of signing a good coach to a minor league position at a reduced rate and then allowing a forced promotion to the majors. Just because that coach signed the deal to be the AAA manager, he would not have signed for the same salary for the major league position. It's pretty obvious this is true in the game, so allowing a commish promotion at a kept salary would be pretty bad (if we're headed that direction).

Do we need to expand this to say that if the commish has to force the promotion the coach would be paid the average of the other coaches in that position around the league?
This is good feedback I did not consider. There are a couple of ways to deal with, maybe both.

First, we could have it so the coach can't be moved for 1-2 years after signing.

Second, we could have their salary matched to the average of that position league wide.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Any vote involving coaches that the topic isn't getting rid of them is an auto no vote for me. :)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:17 pm Any vote involving coaches that the topic isn't getting rid of them is an auto no vote for me. :)
You don't have to have coaches, this is for the people that want to utilize coaches and would like to promote from within their own organization
ImageImageImage
redwings8831
Reactions:

Post by redwings8831 »

shel311 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:17 pm Any vote involving coaches that the topic isn't getting rid of them is an auto no vote for me. :)
Agree, voted no.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Joe Yarbrogh is my AAA coach, requests a promotion but refuses to be promoted
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

figured a way around it. Fired my hitting coach, promoted my AAA Manager to hitting coach, fired my manager and then promoted the AAA Manager from hitting coach to MLB coach.
ImageImageImage
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

coaches are another arbitrary way that the game influences players..... trainers too

this falls into the market size, fan loyalty convo for me....

meh
TheGobOne
Reactions:

Post by TheGobOne »

This vote has failed 6-12. Thread is now locked.

Return to “Winter Meetings”