48%
No
52%

Total votes: 23

The_Niddler
Reactions:

Re: Eliminate comp picks/designation

Post by The_Niddler »

I am not saying I dont like comp, I am just saying I think the system needs to be adjusted. Not sure how, but something needs done.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

The_Niddler wrote:I am not saying I dont like comp, I am just saying I think the system needs to be adjusted. Not sure how, but something needs done.

Teams can only have one comp eligible player in FA per season. Discuss.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

or just sign the guys. 55+ ML proven player >> 40 potential end of 1st / terrible any other round prospect (minus reliever).
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Or if a guy isn't signed by the draft he can't be signed that year
ImageImageImage
Kslaze
Reactions:

Post by Kslaze »

Dumb question, but how do you know what comp pick you will lose if you sign a free agent?
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Kslaze wrote:Dumb question, but how do you know what comp pick you will lose if you sign a free agent?

For a Comp eligible free agent, the team losing the free agent will get your first round pick (with the exception that if the first round pick is in the top half of the draft, they get a second round pick instead).
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

The_Niddler wrote:
Kslaze wrote:Dumb question, but how do you know what comp pick you will lose if you sign a free agent?

For a Comp eligible free agent, the team losing the free agent will get your first round pick (with the exception that if the first round pick is in the top half of the draft, they get a second round pick instead).
I didn't think anyone got anyone else's 1st round pick. I thought if you sign a comp free agent you lose your first, unless it is top 10 and then you lose your second. The team that loses the comp free agent gets a sandwich pick between R1 and R2, no?
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

dakshdar wrote: if you sign a comp free agent you lose your first, unless it is top 10 and then you lose your second. The team that loses the comp free agent gets a sandwich pick between R1 and R2
This is how I understand it.
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

dakshdar wrote:
The_Niddler wrote:

I didn't think anyone got anyone else's 1st round pick. I thought if you sign a comp free agent you lose your first, unless it is top 10 and then you lose your second. The team that loses the comp free agent gets a sandwich pick between R1 and R2, no?
This is right
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

You know compensation for free agents needs to be fixed when someone gets a comp pick for Gonzalo Moreno of all players who was signed for one year by Edmonton who now gets a pick. We need to have comp picks but the system is so broken
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

Grandal turned down comp in real life and signed a 1 yr deal with Milwaukee for a little more than his comp offer.

In real life, theyre finally getting a grip on the $$ spent for production, which our league seems to kinda have as well (waiting out to sign ppl for cheaper). Its just smart business.
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

nick wrote: In real life, theyre finally getting a grip on the $$ spent for production, which our league seems to kinda have as well (waiting out to sign ppl for cheaper). Its just smart business.
What hasn't been fixed is how dumb the game is in terms of player mentality to their value/potential when accepting extensions.

Shel just Ted'd his way to 2 good players(Park, McBride) signing for ridiculously stupid contracts that would never be a realistic proposition.

Hence we go to manual fix in only allowing guys to offer extensions only on the 2nd to last arb year as an option as they will never fix the game probably.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Shel just Ted'd his way to 2 good players(Park, McBride) signing for ridiculously stupid contracts that would never be a realistic proposition.
I apologize for nothing!!!
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

You guys are right, I apologize, the other team does not get your pick, you get the sandwich pick.

Return to “Winter Meetings”