ATOMICDOGG AKA BEEFY

Hall of Fame stuff goes here. The home of Bernie!

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

ATOMICDOGG AKA BEEFY

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

TO ALL,
HELLO EVERYONE IT HAS BEEN ALONG TIME SINCE I HAVE EVEN LOOKED AT THESE BOARDS, BUT I AM HERE FOR A DIFFERENT REASON. I AM HERE TO LET THOSE THAT KNEW ATOMIC/BEEFY THAT HE PASSED AWAY YESTERDAY MORNING AFTER A YEAR FIGHT WITH CANCER. NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT DURING THE 12 YEARS I HAVE KNOW THIS MAN HE IS ONE OF A KIND. WILLING TO DO ANYTHING FOR ANYONE UNTIL YOU DO SOMETHING THAT HE CAN'T AND WON'T FORGET. HE HAD STORIES FOR DAYS AND MOST THAT I HAVE HEARD FROM AND TALKED TO HE TOUCHED EVERYONE, SOME HOW AND SOMEWAY. I DO KNOW "SHEL " WAS HIS FAVORITE THOUGH, ALWAYS HAD A FUCK YOU FOR HIM AND HIS FRIEND COREY.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: ATOMICDOGG AKA BEEFY

Post by DRiccio21 »

fuck man, so sorry to hear this.

beefy was certainly one of a kind and i think it says something about our community that even tho he had so much to say, he was always welcomed here and we loved him for who he was even if i/we never quite knew where we stood with him. deep down (and from talks i had with him) i think and hope he knew it was all love.

i'll definitely be thinking about him and his family today and you too man and i'll drop a few F bombs and speak IN ALL CAPS in honor of him.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Ryan called me last night and this one hurt. Beef was as good as they come. While he was in the hospital I had my boys draw stuff for him with 3Dog ( old cod clan) and well wishes. He called me and was telling all the nurses they were gifts from his new grandsons. He had a heart as big as they come.

Just 2 nights ago me and George were laughing about beef and the shit that came out of his mouth. I truly loved that old bastard. No one was funnier on a Mic than beefy. Beefy was my friend and I’ll miss the bastard.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

RIP Beefy .. in the era we're in now, Beef was definitely a throwback.
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

BFiVL wrote:Ryan called me last night and this one hurt. Beef was as good as they come. While he was in the hospital I had my boys draw stuff for him with 3Dog ( old cod clan) and well wishes. He called me and was telling all the nurses they were gifts from his new grandsons. He had a heart as big as they come.

Just 2 nights ago me and George were laughing about beef and the shit that came out of his mouth. I truly loved that old bastard. No one was funnier on a Mic than beefy. Beefy was my friend and I’ll miss the bastard.
This one sucks. Beefy comes up in conversation usually once a month or two and we would giggle like school girls about the shit he would say. One of my favorites is when some kid started to give him hell and he told him to get his mom so we can see her tits. I have never heard 8 grown men giggle like school girls like that before. This one sucks big time. Ryan, pass on our condolences to his family from his online buddies.
ImageImageImage
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

GeorgesGoons wrote:
BFiVL wrote:Ryan called me last night and this one hurt. Beef was as good as they come. While he was in the hospital I had my boys draw stuff for him with 3Dog ( old cod clan) and well wishes. He called me and was telling all the nurses they were gifts from his new grandsons. He had a heart as big as they come.

This one sucks. Beefy comes up in conversation usually once a month or two and we would giggle like school girls about the shit he would say. One of my favorites is when some kid started to give him hell and he told him to get his mom so we can see her tits. I have never heard 8 grown men giggle like school girls like that before. This one sucks big time. Ryan, pass on our condolences to his family from his online buddies.
Currently we(online friends) are working on a podcast and old Highlight of game film with him in it, and convo's of whoever wants to say something(fav moment of him during however you knew him). Also I am sending a flower arrangement to the family from Myself and all all online friends. So if anyone would like to join the said above let me know.

Also, The podcast is being sent to the family. And also will be on most major platforms to listen and watch. And I have asked if I can lay a Xbox controller with a trump and Michigan sticker with him. All things he SO hated. :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:I DO KNOW "SHEL " WAS HIS FAVORITE
RIP :cry:
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

Damn Ryan, thanks for letting us know. Beefy would pop in occasionally and give us updates and like others said tell funny stories. I’ll never forget the many hours of COD back in the day. RIP Beefy
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:

Currently we(online friends) are working on a podcast and old Highlight of game film with him in it, and convo's of whoever wants to say something(fav moment of him during however you knew him). Also I am sending a flower arrangement to the family from Myself and all all online friends. So if anyone would like to join the said above let me know.

Also, The podcast is being sent to the family. And also will be on most major platforms to listen and watch. And I have asked if I can lay a Xbox controller with a trump and Michigan sticker with him. All things he SO hated. :lol:

He will haunt you forever
ImageImageImage
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Awful to hear. Back when I'd still turn the PS3 on occasionally, every now and then I'd get a PM from him with a several paragraph tirade about MSU sports. He'll be missed.

Closure helps, I'm always curious about those who vanish suddenly and we don't hear from again
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

So sorry to hear this Ryan.
Condolences to you and his family.

As others have said, he was definitely one of a kind, but had a huge heart!
He will be missed!
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Podcast is still going, If anyone would like to say How you meet him, Fav moment about him. Again all this is beibng sent to family, Also live on Twitch, Facebook, Youtube, Mixer, dlive if anyone wants to watch even. Its under 8 bit heros on all platforms
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

I could have talked for an hour. Me and schoola were texting and he reminded of so many others.
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

Man, so sorry to hear. Beefy was a man of integrity and a cool person to chat with. I didn't play much COD but he and I chatted often on AIM.
Condolences to Beefy and his family.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

I looked on youtube and facebook and cant see where 8 bit heros is.
Do you have a link so I can listen?
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
sixpackdan101
Reactions:

Post by sixpackdan101 »

Beefy was awesome and truly one of the original A-teamers on CoD...some of the best memories he with that group, but this one always cracks me up:

He and I would be playing zombies until like 2 in the morning. We’d reach a high level where zombies are just pouring down the hallway, but we’d be holding them off pretty well. Then all of the sudden they would start getting closer and closer and I realize that beefy isn’t even firing his gun. Initial thought is that maybe he’s out of ammo, but then I hear him snoring through my headset. The guy would pass out mid-round on a regular basis. It was always hilarious when he’d wake up and go “OH SHIT!” He was one of a kind.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

BFiVL wrote:I could have talked for an hour. Me and schoola were texting and he reminded of so many others.
Yea you guys could have stayed and said what you wanted to, There was no rush. You was the last main group really The day actually worked out well. we got almost 4 hrs of talking and people coming in and out through out the night. Will be a nice thing once it is finally put together, With all the videos added as well.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

The_Niddler wrote:I looked on youtube and facebook and cant see where 8 bit heros is.
Do you have a link so I can listen?
Sorry, Things got crazy once 730 hit. I had to get people in and out, and make sure everyone had settings for voice correct. And we didnt miss anyone. And totally forgot to post the main links. But here is the whole podcast and we used GTA as the background game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456144690

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/456203047
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Man, this is a shitty way to start a day. I would still see Beefy on every now and then and a few months ago we hooked up and played some GTA. He told me at the time about having cancer and in typical Beefy fashion he played it off like it was no big deal and he’d be fine. I knew better of course. I can’t help but think about his daughter and his grandkids. I know there were a lot of issues there but you could tell how much he cared about them. He always talked about the things he and his wife would do to help them out even when you knew his health and well-being weren’t great even before the cancer diagnosis and that he needed to be focusing on taking care of himself. He had a huge heart. He made my days a little bit lighter and easier get through with his antics. i knew this was coming but it doesn’t make it any easier.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Also, this thread needs to go to the HOF for safekeeping so that it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Return to “Hall of Fame”