2039 Hall of Fame Voting Results

Hall of Fame stuff goes here. The home of Bernie!

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: 2039 Hall of Fame Voting Results

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote: have not cared about defense at all since I have been in the league. Won a championship
Your team ERA was 4.40 the year you won a title(good for league average), does that also mean pitching isn't important?
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

The comparison shouldn't be to real life it should be team to team in the game. Pitchers numbers will be worse with a bad defense behind them that's a fact, black and white. If team A and team B have the same offense and pitchers, but Team B field the ball better who's going to win?
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Omaha also plays on a little league field. Cant wait to play 9 games there this season!!!
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

ajalves wrote:Omaha also plays on a little league field. Cant wait to play 9 games there this season!!!
But with something crazy like 20 foot walls
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

DRWebs wrote:
ajalves wrote:Omaha also plays on a little league field. Cant wait to play 9 games there this season!!!
But with something crazy like 20 foot walls
I think it has been explained before that the wall size doesn't really factor in? You could have 5000 ft walls and it wouldn't matter? Or was that earlier versions of the game?
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

What is the dimensions of my stadium? I'm sure it's much deeper than the average stadium in our league. Was going to build my team with high contact high speed kind of guys and play small ball once everything is in place....probably going to be 2055 by the time that comes around
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote: have not cared about defense at all since I have been in the league. Won a championship
Your team ERA was 4.40 the year you won a title(good for league average), does that also mean pitching isn't important?
My pitching is the reason I won the title. My pitching was spot on in the playoffs
ImageImageImage
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
shel311 wrote:
My pitching is the reason I won the title. My pitching was spot on in the playoffs
Maybe your defense had something to do with that?

Also...fluke of all flukes. :)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

shel311 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
shel311 wrote:

The real fluke would be you winning one ;)

I had to run the gauntlet to win, on the road in New England (in 5), road against New York (in 7) and road against Cincinnati (in 7). My only easy series was the ALCS against Chicago, on the road in 5
ImageImageImage
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

Somebody wondered about players becoming coaches earlier. For the most part it's random but you could in theory "make" them become ones
Commissioners can turn any retired player into a coach. To do so, just right-click on a retired player and select Turn into Coachfrom the right-click menu. This can also be done from the Action Menu in the Player Profile.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Former "known" coaches in my system that were players include:

Tony Ortiz*, Dan Carpenter*, Vincent Kelly*, Cisco Rodriguez

Lawrence Franks was coaching for me for a while

* = former Hawks
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

Hired John "The C" Johnston as my pitching coach this season. Hopefully he coaches better than he pitched for us
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

shel311 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:
shel311 wrote:

The last few seasons, my Starter ERA on the NDL Home page has been in the top 3 that is listed there and I believe it is because of my defense that they are rated up there.
My Defense efficiency has been #1, I believe, the last few seasons.

It all goes hand in hand.
Unless you have a crazy offense and can put up darn near double digits every game, you need to have a decent rotation and your defense helps your pitchers.

I do know that you do need some offense though.
Main reason I have made the last few trades I have made.
No matter how good your defense is, you need to be able to put a few runs on the board to win games.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Can I offer Wayne Washington a hitting coach job on my SA team (it's filled but you can fire the other guy)? You can give him what he wants in his demand for that position at that level. Let's bring some Hall of Famers into our coaching mix. And he needs to come home to help my next breed of hitters that I am about to start drafting.
ImageImageImage
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

GeorgesGoons wrote:Can I offer Wayne Washington a hitting coach job on my SA team (it's filled but you can fire the other guy)? You can give him what he wants in his demand for that position at that level. Let's bring some Hall of Famers into our coaching mix. And he needs to come home to help my next breed of hitters that I am about to start drafting.
Would certainly be a fun idea.

I'd like to hire PAB as a pitching coach etc. Could be a fun little immersion maker!
ImageImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

Seeitsaveit13 wrote:
GeorgesGoons wrote:Can I offer Wayne Washington a hitting coach job on my SA team (it's filled but you can fire the other guy)? You can give him what he wants in his demand for that position at that level. Let's bring some Hall of Famers into our coaching mix. And he needs to come home to help my next breed of hitters that I am about to start drafting.

I'd like to hire PAB as a pitching coach etc. Could be a fun little immersion maker!
I agree. Lets make it so
ImageImageImage
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

GeorgesGoons wrote:
Seeitsaveit13 wrote:

I agree. Lets make it so
Corey, can we make this happen?
ImageImageImage
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Yup we could do that.

Just need a structure to it so they can be signed accordingly to where you want them within your system.
nick
Reactions:

Post by nick »

can i get Steven Hays and Jose Suarez :)
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

nick wrote:can i get Steven Hays and Jose Suarez :)
I would think AJ should get first dibs on Hays since he played there wears their hat. Not sure on Saurez, too lazy to look him up.
Cnasty wrote:Yup we could do that.

Just need a structure to it so they can be signed accordingly to where you want them within your system.
I can fire my SA hitting coach if it makes it easier for you. If not, give him what he is asking and place him there. Same with Pablo Garcia in SA. The Beef needs some Legends to help motivate these kids digital desire. I appreciate it
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hall of Fame”