Official 2034 Hall of Fame Ballot

Hall of Fame stuff goes here. The home of Bernie!

Moderators: Cnasty, Ry, nick, ReignOnU, Bernie32

Bernie32
Reactions:

Official 2034 Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by Bernie32 »

If you haven't seen my JAWS thread, you should check it out. Pretty cool comparison tool to real-life MLB players and you can also see where they rank against their own peers. I know I will weigh these heavily when deciding.

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=36477&p=631565#p631565

I don't put a deadline on getting your votes in, hopefully within a week, but please take the time to go through the candidates and make an informed vote by whatever your process is.

This year's ballot consists of twenty players. Thirteen carryovers and seven new nominees.

Voting process and rules are as follows..

--You can PM me your ballot or post it here in this thread. Forum only allows for 10 poll options. Plus no way to track.
--No waiting period after retirement
--75% of all votes received will get a player in. 5% to carry over to next election, 10 seasons max.
--You can vote for zero to ten players, but please vote, even if it's a blank ballot.
--No new teams this year, we should have 30 votes.

The Ballot...

Blacked-out = Not on ballot, Greyed-Out includes that year's results.

The Breakdown..

Juan Banuelos, C Detroit
Good power, great eye and solid defense for the 5-time All-Star "Big Stick" Banuelos. Enjoyed his finest seasons in Sheltown, putting up his best OPS+ numbers in his 3 1/2 years there.
Spoiler!
Julio Burgos, LF/DH/RF Cincinnati (SoCal)
Premier power hitter whose prime years from 2019-2024 would probably match anyone's high 6 year span. Fielded his position well, winning one H&K and although didn't steal often, 56 SB, was successful when doing so at a 74% clip. He was selected to 5 All-Star games. won a HOTY in 2020 despite playing for 3 different teams that year and he wears two championship rings on his hands.
Spoiler!
Steve Campbell, 2B/3B Port Orange
Slick-fielding singles-hitting base-stealing machine on some elite Hawks' teams and later with the Windstorm as well. Ranks 10th all-time in hits(3rd all-time in singles) while batting .307 for his career. Won 3 Gold Gloves and could steal a base, ranking #12 in stolen bases with 377 of them.
Spoiler!
Jim Cole, RF/DH Winterfell (Las Vegas)
Dingo has long been one of the overlooked superstars of the league. He was a model of consistency throughout his career, hitting over 20 HR's a season 12 times, but never over 30. His final numbers rank him in the Top 10 in runs, hits, OBP, HR, RBI, BB, and VORP. He was a ROTY in 2014 and was selected to 5 All-Star games.
Spoiler!
Marty Crow, CF/LF Cincinnati (SoCal)
Defense and speed highlighted the career of one of our pure 5-tool players in NDLB history. 5-time Gold Glove winner to go along with ranking 4th in career SB's. A career .287 hitter with 175 career HR's. Won two rings and was selected to 5 All-Star games.
Spoiler!
Lawrence Franks, 1B/3B/DH Omaha (Sioux City)
Another hitting machine makes the ballot. Franks was a career .316 hitter, good for 10th all-time, and a doubles factory over his career. Hit over 40 doubles 8 times in his career despite never playing more than 143 games in a season. Final tally of 514 is good for 6th all-time and he played in at least 500 games fewer than those in front of him on that list.
Spoiler!
Nolan Gibbons, 3B/SS Philadelphia
His 2017 season , with Philadelphia winning the crown that season, is widely regarded by both VORP and WAR standards to be the best season put together by anyone not named Rodriguez or Cruz. He did this after winning ROTY in 2016 with Sheltown. Leading the way to "Gibbons'd" being the second most coined term in trade talk threads behind "NGR'd". Only player in NDLB history to win a Championship, HOTY, ROTY, H&K, and be selected to All-Star Game(5 times). Career dwindled after leaving Philly, but a special player in NDLB history.
Spoiler!
Jose Lopez, SS/2B Boston (NorCal)
The Hall of Fame loves HR's, RBI's and middle infielders. Lopez is all 3. Seventh in career HR's, twelfth in RBI's, all while playing the middle infield. He did not hit for average, or do anything else exceptionally well, but nearly 400 HR's and over 1200 RBi's from those positions is rare. Won a World Series in 2015 with NorCal, was selected to 2 All-Star games, and won a Gold Glove.
Spoiler!
Pablo Lopez, DH/1B Cleveland (Ohio/Hawaii/Carolina)
Quick.. name me the 3 players in NDLB history with 2000+ hits, 300+ HR's, a .300 or better batting average and a slugging percentage over .500.. Rodriguez and Cruz would be on all answers, but the third guy.. Amaya-NO, Barron-NO, Gaudreau-NO. The answer is Pablo Lopez. Lopez gets lost in the shuffle while playing his career moving around from Carolina to Hawaii to Ohio to Cleveland and being in Cruz's shadow in the AL, but this guy tore the cover off the ball for a long time. 5 time All-Star and did win a H&K despite playing DH for most of his career.
Spoiler!
Derrick Lutz, CF/LF New York
Amazingly, Lutz was never selected to an All-Star game. He was a career .293 batter to go along with a great eye, .370 career OBP. He won one Gold Glove and was a post-season fixture in his time with New York and Houston.
Spoiler!
Bill O'Higgins, 1B/DH San Antonio
Started off his career with 4 straight seasons of 40+ HR's.. ho-hum. Epitome of pure power-hitter if we have ever seen one. Rarely walked, struck out over 1700 times, but finished his career with 452 HR's(good for 4th all-time), 470 doubles (9th) and drove in 1452 runs (6th all-time).
Spoiler!
Jorge Ramos, CF San Antonio (Hartford)
Another new nominee that balanced good offense with great defense. Ramos often remembered for being the #4 guy in Hartford behind Cruz, Wu, and Alvarez. His 7yr peak for WAR is in elite category. When it comes to defensive outfielders in our league's history, conversation often starts and ends between Marty Crow and Ramos. Ramos won 4 Gold Gloves, arguably should have had 5. And this was after winning 5 in High School and the minors.
Spoiler!
Alex Rodriguez, DH/SS Cookeville (Chicago LOL)
Do we really need a bio here? Ranks in the Top 4, not 5, or 10, or 20, but Top 4 in almost every offensive category. Almost hit .400 3 times, once officially, one year he hit .399 and one year he only played 93 games and missed qualifying with a .400 average. If we are looking for a knock, he never led the league in HR's. His post-season numbers (155 games played) are actually better than his 162-game averages for the regular season. His JAWS numbered when compared to real-life MLB players, only Walter Johnson and Babe Ruth have him beat, barely. Scary thing, he didn't break into the majors until his 25-yr old season.
Spoiler!
Zheng-Xin Wu, RF/DH San Antonio (Hartford)
The man who almost broke the NDLB. .366 career average and a .458 career OBP are off the charts. Ranks 14th in VORP and 29th in WAR despite playing in only 995 games. Won ROTY in 2019 while batting .415, but playing in only 99 games. Followed that up with a .416/94-game campaign in 2020. The 6-time All-Star's health was a major concern and downfall as he played in 130+ games just 3 times in his career.
Spoiler!
Pierre-Antoine Bourassa, SP Philadelphia
PAB as he became affectionately known on the forums will now face the test to see if he is truly elite. Nearly 200 wins and a sub-3.50 ERA might do the trick. He was selected to 4 All-Star games and won 2 rings in his career. He ranks 13th in career VORP and 17th in WAR. Had 1 No-Hitter in his career.
Spoiler!
Melvin Lewis, SP Toronto
I always pictured Lewis as a smooth throwing southpaw a la Jimmy Key. The 2-time All-Star won double-digit games 11 times in his career and finished his career Top 10 in both CG's and Shutouts.
Spoiler!
Duncan Phelps, RP Winterfell (Las Vegas)
Has fallen to 3rd all-time in saves. He spent his entire career with Las Vegas and was selected to 3 All-Star games. He registered a slew of strikeouts to go along with his saves, piling up 1267 K's in 1158 innings. His ERA ranks 12th all-time.
Spoiler!
Arturo Roman, SP Detroit
After astounding in the USBL, Roman came in with Detroit and pitched great. He had a nice 4-year stretch, parlayed it into a big-time trade to LOLcats. Won a ring with LOLcats in 2026 despite being out with Ulnar nerve surgery. Returned to Detroit for 2 more good years before bottoming out.
Spoiler!
Sam Ruppert, SP Cookeville (Chicago LOL)
Ruppert was a nomad throughout his career, spending time with 6 different franchises, but he was well-accomplished and teams were willing to pay him. Just missed 3,000 K's, finishing with 2,876. 182 wins and a 3.68 ERA were the final numbers for the 4-time All-Star and 2018 World Series winner.
Spoiler!
Kevin Thomas, SP New England
I was shocked that no one actually officailly gave Thomas the nickname Cyborg. And I'd like to also point out that 2027 may be the greatest pitching season we ever see. 18-2 with an insane 1.34 ERA tops his own 2021 season of 18-2 with a 1.97 ERA. He won the Seaver both those years and somehow didn't in 2022 with a 17-2 record and 2.14 ERA. Guess that 18th win and keeping it below 2 are required for cyborgs to win the Seaver. Career ERA below 3 and career WHIP below 1, first we have seen from a SP on the ballot (Lehman, McCarty, and possibly Esparza are in the wings though)
Spoiler!
The Charts...

^^Career totals^^

^^test scores^^

A further breakdown of what the test scores entail could be found by clicking on the link.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/about ... sary.shtml

Ink tests measure leaderboard appearances. Standards score is 100 max, 50 is supposedly average HOF'er. Monitor score is suppose to tell likelihood of induction, not if deserved. 100 is very likely, 130 is a virtual cinch.

^^career ranks for batters &pitchers.^^
--Blue = top 10, green = top 25. Purple= Does not qualify for leaderboard.
--Era(s) is ranking of ERA out of the 354 starters with at least 100 career NDL starts

^^ Relievers don't have a Hall of Fame standards score, as they don't have any set standards, so I put up a chart of the 5 MLB relievers in the HOF and 3 most likely to get in at the end, if you wish to compare.^^

Spoiler!
^^--162 game averages for all batters.
-- A chart with the 162 game averages of the last 22 batters(including Craig Biggio) inducted in MLB HOF is in spoiler tag for comparison^^[/quote]
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Official 2034 Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by Cnasty »

Alex Rodriguez
Jim Cole
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Cnasty wrote:Alex Rodriguez
Kevin Thomas
Jim Cole
5 minutes, well done!!!
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Copy and paste if you like
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Wu should be in already...and no clue how Cole didn't get in last season.
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

:shock: :shock:

One for Sheltown voting already and one for no Higgy vote from Boston
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

Arod.
Ohiggins
J. Lopez
Cole
Bourassa
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

my real question is who is better, Arod or Cruz
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

Bernie32 wrote::shock: :shock:

One for Sheltown voting already and one for no Higgy vote from Boston
Keeping it professional but we are retiring his jersey in Boston this season. Which color or team, I dunno yet.
Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

p lopez
gibbons
PAB
banuelos
higgy
crow
arod
cole
ImageImageImageImage
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

ajalves wrote:my real question is who is better, Arod or Cruz
Rodriguez without a doubt IMO
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

ajalves wrote:my real question is who is better, Arod or Cruz
Arod by a decent margin imo.

He's by far the GOAT of our league for me.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Fun fact of the night:

Duncan Phelps started 7 games in his career and had 2 complete games
Kevin Thomas started 350 games in his career and had 2 complete games
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I edited mine Bernie.

I am refusing to vote for Thomas like I do for Wu as they are glitches in the matrix.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

i would probably add ARod into that list also if you're not voting for the Bear guys, no?
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

It's not for Bear guys. Wu wasn't a bear guy.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Julio Burgos
Nolan Gibbons
Jim Cole
Jose Lopez
Bill O'Higgins
A-Rod
Wu
Phelps
Thomas
trendon
Reactions:

Post by trendon »

No Launch players for the first time ever (once one was eligible.)

And none for a while!
Bernie32
Reactions:

Post by Bernie32 »

Voted So Far (11)

San Antonio
Boston
Sheltown
Washington
Port Orange
Philadelphia
New England
Indianapolis
Winterfell
Cleveland
Hillsboro
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

shel311 wrote:Wu should be in already...and no clue how Cole didn't get in last season.
I'll be completely shocked if Cole gets in and Pablo Lopez doesn't.

Return to “Hall of Fame”