Pac 12 Cup Hopes

The Pac 12 Conference
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Pac 12 Cup Hopes

Post by Wasted Memory »

Season 28 is now upon as the NDL Cup opens up for possible the last time (at least for a short stint....we hope). We all saw Wake Forest take home the gold last season and can now start dreaming of being the "little guy" who won the final seasons Cup. Will it be someone from the Pac this year? Only time will tell.

Let's take a look.

ROUND ONE

Image BYE

Image vs. Image
Two coaches with two new teams. The game has already been played and knowing how much Swelly likes to spread it out he's got the team to make a good run. To be honest, I would have favored TTU here.
Winner: Texas Tech

Image vs. Image
Good match up of two top tier teams. The Trojans, though, return their coach from last season after a great run through not only the Cup but the regular season as well. Despite LSU being a tough defensive team this is (was) a game that dealer would be able to handle...especially at home.
Winner: Southern Cal

Image vs. Image
Coach mbyrd, whom a certain coach still holds resentment toward for upsetting me...I mean him...last season ;) has a much stronger team this year with the Huskies. He'll face a tough stalwart in Round One but it is a very winnable game for him.
Winner: Washington

Image vs. Image
Coach xLiQx will like his Ute's, but this is a very unfavorable draw for him. Coach bearass returns for his second season with Baylor after putting them in the Top 10 last season. The Bears will be looking to improve upon an already stellar run and will handle Utah, easily.
Winner: Baylor

Image vs. Image
ASU, another team with a magical run last season. This season they have a new head man at the helm and will immediately be tested with what is going to be a very tough Maryland team under LytzeOut. The Sun Devils will put together a good season, but their first game on the road will be tough.
Winner: Maryland

Image vs. Image
Man am I glad I left Tennessee. Oregon has been a great team every season. They normally have a slip up here or there early but with this being the finally season they should come out extremely focused. This might be the year the Ducks finally get everything lined up right.
Winner: Oregon

Image vs. Image
Last years Michigan team was abysmal. Winless on the season. Oregon State wasn't far behind but they had some good close games, anyone remember the OSU USC game? This years Michigan coach will not allow that to happen though. This years Oregon State coach is new as well, but it won't help them in this game.
Sim win: Oregon State

Image vs. Image
The Pac didn't do themselves any favors on Cup draws this season. Another tough game for them here as Colorado travels to SEC country. The Gamecocks have a new coach in mcx, but that won't matter. Colorado won't have the offensive firepower or defensive wall needed to stop this team.
Winner: South Carolina

Image vs. Image
Two fairly even matched teams and Coach iRoc should be on a mission this year to prove last season was a fluke. Granted it didn't end all that badly, but it sure didn't start out well. Look for the Cardinal to come out and flex their muscle against Mizzou and their new coach.
Sim win: Stanford

Image vs. Image
Big 10 vs Pac 12. UCLA will have the advantage of playing at home but will have a new coach for the first time in a very long time. Iowa also has a new coach at the helm making me think this game could be all about growing pains between the two. To me, it's a coin flip for the winner but I'm leaning more toward the Hawkeyes.
Winner: UCLA

Image vs. Image
Well...somebody had to play him first. Unfortunately the Pac 12's run of bad draws continues. Facing last years Cup winner who now has a much better team is not the way most would want to start the season, not that Washington State wanted to start it this way. It's going to be a real struggle for the Cougars to keep up. Ball control and clock management are a must if they want a chance.
Winner: Texas

ROUND ONE PREDICTION: 4-7
ROUND ONE ACTUAL: 4-5
xLiQx
Reactions:

Re: Pac 12 Cup Hopes

Post by xLiQx »

aww:( The only thing I have going for me is I beat Bearass last season with Texas vs Baylor, but he will want revenge, I actually knocked him out of the Big !2 title, he wins it if I don't beat him, cause he beat big Mike. Would of changed the BCS picture too I am guessing.
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
dealer4014
Reactions:

Post by dealer4014 »

Nice work wasted!!
Whittness10
Reactions:

Post by Whittness10 »

Wasted Memory wrote:Despite LSU being a tough defensive team this is (was) a game that dealer would be able to handle...especially at home.
Winner: Southern Cal
If you only knew how this game went down.... :lol: :oops: :evil:
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

Omg .. Wasted is here, he is here .. Time to rejoice. :D
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

6ftdeep wrote:Omg .. Wasted is here, he is here .. Time to rejoice. :D

Just as a temp. Your conference commissioner is on the way. :)
xLiQx
Reactions:

Post by xLiQx »

Who is it?! You?
Season 25 NCAA - New Mexico Lobos 5-7
Season 26 NCAA - Arizona Wildcats 11- 3 (Pac 12 Champions, Rose Bowl Champions)
Season 1 Madden - Seattle Seahawks 12-4 NFC Champoinship game (lost)
Season 27 NCAA - Texas Longhorns 9-4 (Alamo Bowl champs vs USC)
6ftdeep
Reactions:

Post by 6ftdeep »

Wasted Memory wrote:
6ftdeep wrote:Omg .. Wasted is here, he is here .. Time to rejoice. :D

Just as a temp. Your conference commissioner is on the way. :)
this is sadness .. utter downright suicidal sadness. :cry:
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

good read man. thanks!
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Great writeup man! THIS is the reason I sincerely hope the NDL continues past this season... such a great community.
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Updated the results, nothing big other than noting the winners. I'll start working on round #2 write up's late tonight.
chuskerpride
Reactions:

Post by chuskerpride »

good work penguin. thank you.

Return to “Pac 12”