***Official NDL 2 OOTP 2000 Season Thread***

shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

***Official NDL 2 OOTP 2000 Season Thread***

Post by shel311 »

Anybody still with me? :lol:

58 games in, McGwire with 20 HRs and Matt Morris still sporting a 1.42 ERA. Team has played way better than I thought.

Matt, didn't you ask the league about going to 14 days/sim? I'm not sure, maybe I dreamed it lol. But if you did, where do we stand on that?
dakshdar
Reactions:

Re: ***Official NDL 2 OOTP 2000 Season Thread***

Post by dakshdar »

My team is doing really well, but there just isn't much for me to do from sim to sim. I've played a little bit with the frequency at which guys are subbed in in my depth chart, trying to get Reyes some more at bats while he's young. Also needed to call up Nelson Cruz due to an injury in the outfield. He was tearing it up at AA.

Finally, I'm enjoying putting my scout on various scouting assignnments and finding that some of my minor league players have advanced more than expected (15-20 point overall jumps in at least 1 case). Never really considered that in our other league but may need to look into it.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

dakshdar wrote:My team is doing really well, but there just isn't much for me to do from sim to sim. I've played a little bit with the frequency at which guys are subbed in in my depth chart, trying to get Reyes some more at bats while he's young. Also needed to call up Nelson Cruz due to an injury in the outfield. He was tearing it up at AA.

Finally, I'm enjoying putting my scout on various scouting assignnments and finding that some of my minor league players have advanced more than expected (15-20 point overall jumps in at least 1 case). Never really considered that in our other league but may need to look into it.
Scouting assignments? What are those?
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

shel311 wrote:
dakshdar wrote:My team is doing really well, but there just isn't much for me to do from sim to sim. I've played a little bit with the frequency at which guys are subbed in in my depth chart, trying to get Reyes some more at bats while he's young. Also needed to call up Nelson Cruz due to an injury in the outfield. He was tearing it up at AA.

Scouting assignments? What are those?
I'm probably using the wrong name. When you're looking at a player, their ratings are based on when the scout last scouted them. You can request a new scouting report on that player in the "Action" tab at the bottom (what you'd use to promot/demote/disable list, etc). Then, in the next sim or two (I can't really tell what controls that, maybe there is a time period it takes for them to scout a player, because I know you can't ask for three or four and get them all back next sim) you'll see that the scouted date for the player has updated and you'll get new ratings.

If you don't ask for scouting reports on your own, I think you just get them at 2 or 3 intervals throughout the year, but I know I've had players that were only scouted once a year.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

And, reading over some OOTP manual stuff and forum posts on their boards, it seems you can't request more than one scouting report at once. It will just end up giving you the latest report.

So you can basically scout one guy per sim. The longer the sim, the fewer scouting reports you get back each year.

Also, the more often you scout a player, the better the ratings.

I believe this isn't restricted to your own team. You could scout a player you're about to trade for to confirm their abilities haven't changed...
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Interesting stuff.

I never really use that feature. Guess it's time to start.
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

Soon as I pick up Schilling and Lackey I lose 4 players to injury...woot!
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

please dont forget to sign your picks. If you dont theyll go back into the draft next season. File should be up shortly
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Who the hell is this Chris Richard dude for the Cardinals?

He's rated pretty high and having a hell of a year. I like this guy lol.

Return to “NDLB2:OOTP”