Player Fixes

Seeitsaveit13
Reactions:

Re: Player Fixes

Post by Seeitsaveit13 »

Knapp wrote:
And Carlos Z baby was a prized prospect in the Cub's farm system in 2000...but is showing up as shit, with only one pitch.
Sounds about right for today :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

working on these now plus searching for others so file might be a lil later than expected tonight.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Post by I_S33M_THAB33T_U »

mbyrd75 wrote:working on these now plus searching for others so file might be a lil later than expected tonight.

Id rather see everything get fixed from get go, then get a sim in tonight. Once its fixed we are full steam ahead, maybe make the sim up down the road.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Angels

MR - Ramon Ortiz - Has FB only
MR - Joel Perelta - Has Fb only
MR - Scott Shields - Fb only
MR - matt Wise - FB only

D-Backs

they look ok

O's

MR - Sean douglas - FB only
MR - #90 josh Towers needs to be deleted, its a double

Chi Sox

MR - Biddle - Fb only
MR - Mark Buehrlhe - Needs to be SP
MR - Fogg - FB only
MR - Jon garland - Has FB only and needs to be SP

Reds

MR - Davis - FB only

Tigers

MR - Nate Cornejo - Needs be SP
MR - Gethesinger - FB only
MR - CJ Nitkowski - Needs be SP

Astros

MR - T. McKnight - FB only

Royals

MR - Durbin - FB only
MR - K. Wilson - FB only
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

Dodgers

MR - Scott Proctor _ FB only
MR - Hong Chi-Kou - FB only

Brewers

MR - K. Peterson _ Fb only

Twins

MR - J. Cressend - FB only
MR - M. Kinney - FB only
MR - m. Lincoln - FB only
MR - Kyle Lohse - Fb only and needs to be a SP
MR - JC Romero - FB only
MR - Johan Santana - FB only and needs to be a SP

Expos
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

Fixes are done. finishing contracts then file will be up. will post when done
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

just an FYI to everyone this is something i'm still working on. I'm mostly fixing prospects so it wont have a huge impact on anyone up top this year. Here's basically how this works. If you go to baseballreference.com you can search for a specific player. Lets take for example the player i'm fixing right now which is Casey Blake from Toronto. In game here are his TRUE ratings.

Contact 73/99
Gap 75/123
Power 50/115

now what im doing is inside each players profile there's a place to enter stats. So in order to get the potential ratings for that player I enter the corresponding stats from baseballreference.com listed in the 162 game average portion and then hit a button that says generate pot ratings based on these stats. same for actual ratings but i'm entering stats from the year 2000. So hope this helps. if the player wasn't in the big leagues in 2000 then i'm not touching his actual ratings just potential.

Blake after fix
89/99
75/120
93/112

Not a massive jump but it turns a useless player into a possibly usable bench bat. Of course there are probably going to be players that change more than this but he just happened to be my current project. If you notice some huge issues feel free to let me know BUT

Keep in mind im not fixing EVERY single player in every system but I feel like there are some really inaccurate players and we dont want to start that way. so it will be a work in progress. So don't bring me a guy that had 100 big league at bats please. just MLB regulars or guys that had decently long careers
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

notable recent fixes. basically its just pitchers im finding i missed the first time around

gil meche- SEA
JJ Putz- SEA
Adam Eaton- SD
jake peavy- SD
juaquin benoit- Tex
chris carpenter- TOR
john grabow- PIT
Bronson Arroyo- PIT
Tim hudson- OAK
Mariano Rivera- NYY
Heath Bell- NYM
2B Alfonso Soriano- NYY
Torii Hunter- MIN
David Ortiz- MIN
Ry
Reactions:

Post by Ry »

i have two jason jennings in the rockies system

i moved the shittier one to aa i think and he has a 20/20 rating.
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

Good info right there. Thanks Matt.
PSN: ReignOnU
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Mets:

AA:
Jerrod Riggan (1-pitch)
Grant Roberts (1-pitch)

A:
Mark Corey (1-pitch)
Jeremy Griffiths (1-pitch)
Neal Musser (1-pitch)
Juan Cerros (1-pitch)
Pat Strange (1-pitch)
Leslie Brea (1-pitch)
Jae Wong Seo (1-pitch)
Tyler Walker (1-pitch)
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

dakshdar wrote:Mets:

AA:
Jerrod Riggan (1-pitch)
Grant Roberts (1-pitch)

A:
Mark Corey (1-pitch)
Neal Musser (1-pitch)
Juan Cerros (1-pitch)
Pat Strange (1-pitch)
Leslie Brea (1-pitch)
Jae Wong Seo (1-pitch)
Tyler Walker (1-pitch)

who are these guys ?? :lol: :lol: i see maybe Tyler Walker getting changed. But as he stated above, not everyone gets changed. i have all my AA pitchers with 1 pitch, there are all scrubs and wont get altered.

Just FYI 8-)
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:

AA:
Jerrod Riggan (1-pitch)
Grant Roberts (1-pitch)

A:
Mark Corey (1-pitch)
Neal Musser (1-pitch)
Juan Cerros (1-pitch)
Pat Strange (1-pitch)
Leslie Brea (1-pitch)
Jae Wong Seo (1-pitch)
Tyler Walker (1-pitch)

who are these guys ?? :lol: :lol: i see maybe Tyler Walker getting changed. But as he stated above, not everyone gets changed. i have all my AA pitchers with 1 pitch, there are all scrubs and wont get altered.

Just FYI 8-)

Grant Roberts pitched in 76 Major League (ML from this point forward) for the Mets from 2000 - 2004.
Jae Seo pitched in 118 ML games (102 starts) for the Mets, Dodgers, and Rays from 2002-2007.
Jerrod Riggan pitched in 67 ML games for the Mets and Indians from 2000-2003.
Mark Corey pitched in 81 ML games for the Mets, Rockies, and Pirates from 2001-2004.
Tyler Walker pitched in 286 games for the Mets, Giants, Rays, Phillies, and Nationals from 2002-2010.

So those guys all got extended looks and would factor into the next 1-3 seasons for the team.

And that is assuming all the players develop exactly like they did in the real world. Who's to say that Pat Strange doesn't become a stud if he gets fixed? I guess I don't really understand the basics or the reasoning behind not fixing each player that is broken. How big of a process is it giving the pitchers a reasonable number of pitches? Hell, I'll look up their pitch types if that helps.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

dakshdar wrote:
I_S33M_THAB33T_U wrote:

AA:
Jerrod Riggan (1-pitch)
Grant Roberts (1-pitch)

A:
Mark Corey (1-pitch)
Neal Musser (1-pitch)
Juan Cerros (1-pitch)
Pat Strange (1-pitch)
Leslie Brea (1-pitch)
Jae Wong Seo (1-pitch)
Tyler Walker (1-pitch)

Just FYI 8-)

Grant Roberts pitched in 76 Major League (ML from this point forward) for the Mets from 2000 - 2004.
Jae Seo pitched in 118 ML games (102 starts) for the Mets, Dodgers, and Rays from 2002-2007.
Jerrod Riggan pitched in 67 ML games for the Mets and Indians from 2000-2003.
Mark Corey pitched in 81 ML games for the Mets, Rockies, and Pirates from 2001-2004.
Tyler Walker pitched in 286 games for the Mets, Giants, Rays, Phillies, and Nationals from 2002-2010.

So those guys all got extended looks and would factor into the next 1-3 seasons for the team.

And that is assuming all the players develop exactly like they did in the real world. Who's to say that Pat Strange doesn't become a stud if he gets fixed? I guess I don't really understand the basics or the reasoning behind not fixing each player that is broken. How big of a process is it giving the pitchers a reasonable number of pitches? Hell, I'll look up their pitch types if that helps.

He has to re create each player. So yea to do that for 30 teams, As i helped look into each team. There would have been 40 plus players to fix on MOSt teams do the math 40 *30 = 1200 players. Thats alot
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

OK. So I get that would be a lot of work. What if he just deleted any guys that were screwed up and replaced them with randomly generated players so that we actually have a minor league system that would at some point be valid.

If there are 40 players a team where they're screwed up, that means that depth in the league is completely fucked and it will be years before anyone can call up anybody because they'll have no one at a minor league level that isn't screwed up.

I mean, the league is the league and whatever we play with it is just a game, but, to me, this would be like playing NCAA where every back-up is a great punter, but you're fucked when you have to put that guy in at quarterback.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

dakshdar wrote:OK. So I get that would be a lot of work. What if he just deleted any guys that were screwed up and replaced them with randomly generated players so that we actually have a minor league system that would at some point be valid.

If there are 40 players a team where they're screwed up, that means that depth in the league is completely fucked and it will be years before anyone can call up anybody because they'll have no one at a minor league level that isn't screwed up.

I mean, the league is the league and whatever we play with it is just a game, but, to me, this would be like playing NCAA where every back-up is a great punter, but you're fucked when you have to put that guy in at quarterback.
filling with fictionals was already voted down. fixed the 5 you listed above.
I_S33M_THAB33T_U
Reactions:

This years draft, will help fill the rosters. Its just like it was in 2000. So far im loving it. No need to have a million guys that no one knows to pick from. And most of the prospects you have now are ML ready. Like a turbo boost on their ratings.
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

mbyrd75 wrote:
dakshdar wrote:OK. So I get that would be a lot of work. What if he just deleted any guys that were screwed up and replaced them with randomly generated players so that we actually have a minor league system that would at some point be valid.

filling with fictionals was already voted down. fixed the 5 you listed above.
Those five guys (Grant Roberts, Jae Seo, Jerrod Riggan, Mark Corey, and Tyler Walker) still seem to only have one pitch when I look at them after the most recent download.
mbyrd75
Reactions:

Post by mbyrd75 »

Have your Scout do a scouting report on them
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

mbyrd75 wrote:Have your Scout do a scouting report on them
Ah, wasn't aware. Thanks.

Return to “NDLB2:OOTP”