NFL Fantasy Football - Draft Tools

Various fantasy sports leagues for NDL members.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: NFL Fantasy Football - Draft Tools

Post by shel311 »

Oh no!!! This does make sense since I'm not a big fan of my team:

Matt Ryan
Matt Forte
Joseph Randle
Dez Bryant
Mike Evans
Greg Olson
Jarvis Landry
Buffalo defense
Connor Barth kicking

Bench:

Spiller
Devonta Freeman
Joique Bell
DeSean Jackson
Torrey Smith
Sam Bradford
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Can someone explain draft rankings to me? I get the ADP, that's just a calculated number, easy to understand.

The example I'll, most everywhere I looked Russell wilson was ranked 3rd/4th with Peyton Manning. There's basically like 3 tiers, Luck/Rodgers, then Wilson/Manning, then a drop off to everyone else. But those some sites I look at, Wilson's projections are around 8th or 10th best.

I got Matt Ryan in the later rounds, and he's projected to score as much as 100 points more than Wilson. I'm not sure what that draft ranking means, if that is so?
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

I have no idea how any of it works, I go into the draft blindly and hope for the best. If I had the time I could see myself spending hours and hours pouring through it, but even then Im not sure how much of a difference it would make
ReignOnU
Reactions:

Post by ReignOnU »

shel311 wrote:Can someone explain draft rankings to me? I get the ADP, that's just a calculated number, easy to understand.

The example I'll, most everywhere I looked Russell wilson was ranked 3rd/4th with Peyton Manning. There's basically like 3 tiers, Luck/Rodgers, then Wilson/Manning, then a drop off to everyone else. But those some sites I look at, Wilson's projections are around 8th or 10th best.

I got Matt Ryan in the later rounds, and he's projected to score as much as 100 points more than Wilson. I'm not sure what that draft ranking means, if that is so?

Here's your answer... which you've probably heard me say before... Fantasy Football is the most volatile of the major fantasy sports (I'd consider golf crazier, if you consider that a relevant sport).

The other thing to be sure of is is the scoring system that is used for the rankings on each site that you're visiting. Russell Wilson will rank higher among QBs in a league that has 4pt passing TDs than in a league with 6pt passing TDs. Same deal when evaluating WRs/RBs in PPR vs non-PPR.
PSN: ReignOnU
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

Weasel wrote:I have no idea how any of it works, I go into the draft blindly and hope for the best. If I had the time I could see myself spending hours and hours pouring through it, but even then Im not sure how much of a difference it would make
Last season, my first, i literally showed up to the draft having done zero research, and just went with it. I did well. This season, i put in a little research and an extra $20, and I don't like my team. Go figure.
packsyd2284
Reactions:

Post by packsyd2284 »

This isn't related completely but I am going to a bachelor party this weekend in Vegas. We are doing our fantasy draft in Vegas at a strip club. basically every time you pick, a stripper puts your pick on the draft board. It is open bar and we get lap dances for 20 bucks. I will go out on a limb and say best draft party EVER.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

packsyd2284 wrote:This isn't related completely but I am going to a bachelor party this weekend in Vegas. We are doing our fantasy draft in Vegas at a strip club. basically every time you pick, a stripper puts your pick on the draft board. It is open bar and we get lap dances for 20 bucks. I will go out on a limb and say best draft party EVER.
any openings for next season? :lol:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote:Lovely. Got the 9th pick out of 10 teams, but I really liked my 1st 2 picks of Demaryius Thomas and Gronk. Then half of the 10 guys are drafting live at a restaurant all of a sudden have wifi issues, and the draft is postponed.
Commish, who cancelled th the first draft, picked 2 picks before me, drafted Gronk, and I'm playing him week 1. :roll:
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

shel311 wrote:Oh no!!! This does make sense since I'm not a big fan of my team:

Matt Ryan
Matt Forte
Joseph Randle
Dez Bryant
Mike Evans
Greg Olson
Jarvis Landry
Buffalo defense
Connor Barth kicking

Bench:

Spiller
Devonta Freeman
Joique Bell
DeSean Jackson
Torrey Smith
Sam Bradford
So I think I'm fairly decent at drafting, but have a tough time evaluating guys after the fact, in terms of trade talks.

Looking at my roster, I was offered Gronk for Bradford, Olsen, and Spiller? That's too much to give up for Gronk, correct? Obviously Olsen is no Gronk, but I'm thinking he'll get tons of target with the crappy CAR WRs, and should also probably hold onto Bradford until he gets a few games under his belt and his value hopefully shoots up.
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

You take that deal every time. You are getting the elite TE
For a mediocre TE that may be waiver wire. A mediocre QB and your back up QB
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

is Olsen really considered a mediocre TE? I'd think he's near top 5, no?

I agree that i don't like Spiller much, but problem is, he's my 2nd best RB.

And as for Bradford, I picked him in the 13th round or something. While I'd agree, right now he certainly fits the mold of just a mediocre QB, there' a legit chance IMO that he goes off in Philly, so he could have increasing trade value in the coming weeks.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

yes you take the deal, always
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

I need to work on my trade evaluation game.

Thanks!
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

if its a 10 team league, you win it by getting elite players. you always want to be the guy giving up 2 or 3 for 1. you only do 1 for 2 or 3 if you get hit with injuries.

the guys you're talking about are solid, good, whatever type players. Gronk is elite. you always take elite. maybe those 3 guys blow up and you lose the trade, but the probability is in your favor to take the proven elite guy and not play the 'what if' game with unproven guys. let other guys do that. you stack the elite guys who score you 15 per week on bad nights.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

Uuaww wrote:You take that deal every time. You are getting the elite TE
For a mediocre TE that may be waiver wire. A mediocre QB and your back up QB

Agreed. Maybe even throw in a basket of edible arrangements. No question that one gets done.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

So being that the week has started and Gronk played already, if a deal is made, would it become official today, but players change hands on Tuesday after the week is over?
Uuaww
Reactions:

Post by Uuaww »

shel311 wrote:So being that the week has started and Gronk played already, if a deal is made, would it become official today, but players change hands on Tuesday after the week is over?
I think all players change hands but gronk goes to your bench for this week
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

if he is still willing after last nights game.
shel311
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by shel311 »

He made the offer to me today, but now is balking and wanting Matt Ryan instead. I'll probably wait the week out, and make a strong push to keep the original offer and hopefully make the trade on Monday/Tuesday.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

in my leagues, the trade wouldn't be effective til next week since a player was involved in a game that already played this week. unless you guys agreed to do part of it now and then say part of it later

Return to “Fantasy Sports”