AAC Cup Runneth Over

The American Athletic Conference

Who has the best shot of pulling the Round Two upset?

oldschoola with Kansas
No votes
rworkman with Northwestern
No votes
BlackRain with Central Florida
100%
mbyrd with Washington
No votes

Total votes: 1

Wasted Memory
Reactions:

AAC Cup Runneth Over

Post by Wasted Memory »

Spoiler!
The Season 28 NDL Cup has officially opened and every coach now begins dreaming of taking home the coveted title of NDL Cup Winner. Last season saw a surprise team in Wake Forest take home the glory. This season that coach is at Texas and has a much more dominate team. Will anyone from the AAC be able to wrestle away the title. The journey begins now to find out.

Looking over the schedule, the AAC was fairly lucky in their draws. Despite having six away games those teams have a good shot at the W. The two worst draws have to be Georgia and Michigan State, which were both Top 25 teams last season that return their coaches. Of the home games, only one team is highly favored / lock to win.

Round Two is up and going now. Five AAC teams were able to advance on: Central Florida, Houston, Louisville, Memphis, & Rutgers. One team is already guaranteed to advance on after this week and at least two more teams should be able to join Houston. Can the other two pull of the upsets? Will the two favorites be able to pull their weight? How many of these games will be SIMMED? We'll see.

ROUND ONE
Spoiler!
Image Coach driccio 27-21 All Time
Image Coach taruncheel 9-15 All Time

The Huskies will travel to Chestnut Hills, MA to face the Eagles. driccio is entering his 20th season with UConn and if anyone knows their team it's this guy. taruncheel, on the other hand, is a guy that is known to bounce around from team to team. Look for the Huskies to leave the state of Massachusetts with a 28-21 All Time record and begin planning for Round Two.
Prediction: UConn
Actual: Boston College (SIM)

Image Coach BIGmike 83-22 All Time NDL Cup Champion Season 6 & 14
Image Coach razorback44 8-7 All Time

An intriguing match up to begin the Cup Rounds. Coach razorback, recently fired from Louisville, will be hosting the new coach of the Cardinals and should be hoping to make a statement by springing the upset. Despite having a team like Boise though this will be a tall task. Skills, ratings, experience, and all around knowledge will be fighting against the Bronco's on this. The Louisville AD will know he made the right choice mid way through the game.
Prediction: Louisville
Actual: Louisville

Image Coach ChampDizzle 30-22 All Time
Image Coach buckeye76 17-15 All Time

Tough draw for the Bearcats as they the Georgia Bulldogs and Coach Champ. Champ is on a mission this year with, what he perceives as, no one in the SEC East to impede his making it to the Conference Championship. He'll be looking to fine tune his game early and will take it out on the Bearcats.
Prediction: Georgia
Actual: Georgia

Image Coach bucki2000 9-18 All Time
Image Coach RanDawg 13-20 All Time

The Cougars start this season with a major problem in their conference, the Louisville Cardinals. Now granted this is the Cup games and not the regular season, but they will have little room for error this season if they want to challenge for the Conference Championship. They'll need to come out early and make sure they're firing on all cylinders. A bout the Blue Devils should be just the starter they need to make sure all is right in Houston.
Prediction: Houston
Actual: Houston

Image Coach sirloin 5-20 All Time
Image Coach oldschoola 13-20 All Time

C'mon. When I saw this I laughed. I knew the NDL Cup Gods had to have been up to something. This just screams EPIC game. If sirloin shows up to play it should be a win for the Jayhawks, However, here's betting Memphis gets the SIM win.
Prediction: Memphis
Actual: Memphis (SIM)

Image Coach fsupenguin 45-22 All Time
Image Coach Weasel 34-20 All Time

Another great coach will go down early unfortunately in this one. Two coaches with all the experience necessary to make a run through the Cup must face off early. Pengy was crippled last season with a heavy work load between school work and family. This season he'll try to start off right and will pull the early upset. The Mustangs will knock off the Spartans and continue on in this weeks upset pick!
Prediction: SMU
Actual: Michigan State

Image Coach Black Rain 10-11 All Time
Image Coach Toro 3-22 All Time

The AAC has received some nice draws early. The UCF Penn State game is another one where the AAC should be able to walk away with the W. Coach Toro has the horses and the HFA to be able to win the game but with a record of 3-22 it's hard to bet against Black Rain.
Prediction: Central Florida
Actual: Central Florida (SIM)

Image Coach Dakshdar 17-23 All Time
Image Coach outlaw 22-21 All Time

With Dak being at Rutgers for going on 7 years you'd have to give the advantage to him, but it will not be an easy game to say the least. Outlaw is a great coach who is capable of making a nice run and has the advantage of home. The ACC will hand the AAC one of it's few losses to open the Cup Rounds.
Prediction: Syracuse
Actual: Rutgers

Image Coach OracleHCR 21-14 All Time
Image Coach footballkelly31 6-13 All Time

Temple is going to have a long day against North Carolina. Oracle knows his team well and will be ready for anything the Owls can throw at him. Oracle has also had lots of success early in the Cup games and that will continue this season.
Prediction: North Carolina
Actual: North Carolina

Image Coach mbyrd75 18-10 All Time
Image Coach nole4real 51-24 All Time NDL Cup Champion Season 1

Another all time NDL great enters the Cup game but has to be considered the underdog despite having HFA. It's been a while since nole was able to capture the title and he had to be disappointed to see his opening round opponent being a team like Washington. Despite having the better coach, it will be tough for the Bulls to pull out this win against a tough Huskies team with a coach who is fairly close to noles skill level (sure, maybe his skill level of old. I've heard rumors that nole is done but let's give the guy some feel good props, whatcha say?)
Prediction: Washington
Actual: Washington
ROUND TWO
Spoiler!
Image Coach RanDawg 14-20 All Time
Round Two - BYE

Image Coach autiger730 4-11 All Time
Image Coach oldschoola 14-20 All Time
Memphis is comming off a SIM win over the Kansas Jayhawks and will now face a tough test from the same state. There is some disparity in the All Time record in the Cup games, but Memphis won't have a chance in keeping up with a stacked Kansas State squad.
Prediction: Kansas State
Actual: Kansas State

Image Coach Dakshdar 18-23 All Time
Image Coach rworkman83 2-7 All Time
Rutgers won a good fight over syracuse and will get to line up across from the Northwestern Wildcats now. Northwestern is a sneaky good team and will present a formidable challenge for the Scarlet Knights, but the AAC can't afford to lose anymore early round games in the Cup. Look for Dak to keep carrying the torch and move into the next round.
Prediction: Rutgers
Actual: Northwestern

Image Coach plasma1896 29-17 All Time
Image Coach Black Rain 11-11 All Time
BlackRain saw his record even out at .500 after last rounds SIM win in the Cup. This round he has to face a very tough coach with a not so tough team. Will the Central Florida Knights be able to handle the Golden Bears? If anyone can make Cal respectable again plasma is (one of a few) a coach who can. Central Florida will see their run end in Round Two.
Prediction: Cal
Actual: Cal (SIM win)

Image Coach BIGmike 84-22 All Time NDL Cup Champion Season 6 & 14
Image Coach mbyrd75 19-10 All Time
Best match up of Round Two for the AAC. Two good coaches squaring off with BIGmike being the away team. Coach mbyrd will have his Huskies fired up and ready to go. Louisville won't care though. Look for the Cardinals to force Washington into mistakes and put the game away by the 3rd quarter.
Prediction: Louisville
Actual: Louisville (SIM win)

ROUND THREE

Image Coach rworkman83 3-7 All Time
Coach RanDawg and his Cougars had a bye in Round Two and now with Round Three upon us they can help exact some revenge for the AAC. Their opponent with be the Northwestern Wildcats which just knocked off Rutgers. While the NDL regular season hasn't quite being going the Coug's way, they can make up for that here in the Cup. The match up favors Northwestern, but Houston is definitely being underestimated in this case. The level of competition the two teams have faced is not on the same level. Houston may look down, but considering the big dogs they've face they're fairing pretty well statistically. They have been weather tested now and take all frustrations out on a visiting Wildcats squad. Look for the Cougars to come out and show the NDL that despite that 1-2 record they are still a strong team.

Image Coach BIGmike 85-22 All Time NDL Cup Champion Season 6 & 14
Round Three - bye

ROUND ONE PREDICTIONS: 6-4
ROUND ONE ACTUAL: 5-5

ROUND TWO PREDICTIONS: 2-2
ROUND TWO ACTUAL: 1-3

ROUND THREE PREDICTIONS: 1-0
ROUND THREE ACTUAL: 0-0
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: AAC Cup Runneth Over

Post by Nole4real »

good stuff
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Nice write-up.
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by buckeye76 »

nice!!!
BlackRain
Reactions:

Post by BlackRain »

Conspiracy!!! How do I get Penn State in the first round of the Cup, then turn around and play him in week one of the season? This is hilarious....then if somehow I win, I have to play my week three opponent California. Talk about showing your playbook....I am going to have to call a different game against Penn State and possibly California. :lol:

Nice write up!
ACTIVISION ACCOUNT NAME - CROSS GEN.- XBOX - (RONIN-BLACKRAIN)
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

Great write up!
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

Wasted Memory wrote: It's been a while since nole was able to capture the title
It's only been 5 seasons! :P
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Nole4real wrote:
Wasted Memory wrote: It's been a while since nole was able to capture the title
It's only been 5 seasons! :P

Ah, my bad then :roll: . I kid. On your achievements page it only shows the Season 1 trophy (unless I overlooked it...then it's still someone else's fault somehow). Sorry. :oops:
BIGmike
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by BIGmike »

Nole always be lying his ass off.
Nole4real
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Nole4real »

oh crap

mike's right :oops:

yeah, lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time on cup title....season 1 to be precise

you're correct, I'm wrong, carry on being an excellent commish :)
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Rutgers sneaks by Syracuse in the first round, 17-7.
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

Houston holds off Duke to advance to the THIRD round (have a bye for round 2)
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

I haven't gone to look at the scheduling thread so forgive me if you are trying, but we still have 4 games left unplayed in our conference. Deadline is tomorrow guys. Let's get these taken care of.
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

Played mine several days ago, not sure why weasel hasn't put the results in. He won, it was like 42-31 or something like that. I guess I'll enter that if he still hasn't when I get home from work tomorrow.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Updated with Round Two.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Updated with Round Three. Sorry guys, completely slipped my mind. :oops:
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

All good, thanks for keeping them coming.
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
RanDawg
Reactions:

Post by RanDawg »

Wasted Memory wrote: ROUND THREE

Image Coach rworkman83 3-7 All Time
Coach RanDawg and his Cougars had a bye in Round Two and now with Round Three upon us they can help exact some revenge for the AAC. Their opponent with be the Northwestern Wildcats which just knocked off Rutgers. While the NDL regular season hasn't quite being going the Coug's way, they can make up for that here in the Cup. The match up favors Northwestern, but Houston is definitely being underestimated in this case. The level of competition the two teams have faced is not on the same level. Houston may look down, but considering the big dogs they've face they're fairing pretty well statistically. They have been weather tested now and take all frustrations out on a visiting Wildcats squad. Look for the Cougars to come out and show the NDL that despite that 1-2 record they are still a strong team.
WE WIN . . . had the offense AND defense clicking . . . 35-13

Return to “AAC”