ACC projections

The Atlantic Coast Conference
fsupenguin
Reactions:

ACC projections

Post by fsupenguin »

To be frank, not a banner start gentlemen as I was more than underwhelmed with the number of pms I received regarding my first post. Moving on though, taking into account the information that was sent to me.................

Atlantic

#1 Florida State (dcane7)
With 4 strait seasons of at least 10 wins, and 5 of 6, the Noles have been as good as you can be without winning it all. And with their best seasons (#10 & #15 12-1) being turned in by a Noles fan and a Gator fan respectively, can now a Canes fan also have such success?

#2tie Clemson (wsdp)
Coach wsdp is riding high of an 11 win last season at SDST, and he takes over a powerful Tigers squad. Double digit wins are all but a lock I think.

#2tie Maryland (UnTouchable8)
This team has some nice pieces, but with a history of little success for both team and their new coach is this ranking too lofty?

#3 NC State (NCSUholmey)
A man who has as much to do with as many, and more than 99% of us, for the greatness that is the NDL. He more than deserves the lifetime contract he has with the Wolfpack, and is not without skills on the sticks either. While he has don't much lately, holmey has a couple 11 wins seasons to his credit.

#4 Syracuse (quest4gold)
All I can think of when I see his user name is "quest4red". If don't know, don't ask.

#5 Boston College (RB4SC22)
In the 1st 3 seasons in BC history they went 27-6, but since then they have had only 3 more winning seasons. It would be a tall order for anyone to turn this team around.

#6 Wake Forest (IceMorbid)
Wake won 0 games last season, and coach morbid has won 30 games between regular season/Cup/Bowl. So ya I think another winless season for the Demon Deacons is not likely at all.

Coastal

#1 Virginia Tech (VTrunNgun)
Flat out he is as good as it gets these days, and entering his 9th season leading the Hokies he has lost 1 or fewer games 4 times in the past since his tenure began in Blacksburg. Even with the talent on this roster being a level below that of most contenders, coach Chase will remain one of the chief standards used to measure other dynasties.

#2tie North Carolina (OracleHCR)
This will be season 6 in the powder blue for this well seasoned coach (old). And coming off a 10 win season he is a legit contender in the conference.

#2tie Miami (sammy33)
The team I loath the most, and a coach I respect as much as anyone. The Canes have been down in recent seasons, but Sammy has proven he is top notch playcaller with ten win season in six of the last ten seasons.

#3 Georgia Tech (john24)
The Yellow Jackets are coming off a down season (1-11), but with a coach coming to town who runs the offense that this team is built to run..............this will be a super tough team to beat for anyone. Don't be shocked if they claim a BCS bowl bid.

#4 Pitt (steelcitychaos)
This might be a tough 1st season in the ACC for Pitt given the coaches/teams in their division, a bowl bid is likely the goal.

#5 Duke (Black Crowes)
Coach Crowes spent two previous seasons in Durham, and went 12-12. This may be a more talented squad though, though they do face a tough road while they wait on basketball season.

#6 Virginia (gpaul62)
It has been 9 seasons since Hoos U went bowling, and with a coach who has also never been to a bowl, this might be a long season. They will look forward to not just basketball, but lacrosse as well.

As for who will win the conference, votes were split down the middle between FSU and VT.
ImageImage
buckeye76
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: ACC projections

Post by buckeye76 »

nice read Pengy!
Dcane7
Reactions:

Post by Dcane7 »

great job pengy, I thought I sent mine but hit the wrong set
sammy33
Reactions:

Post by sammy33 »

Good work.

This division will be a ton of fun. Really looking forward to getting the john experience in person.
S-D-S-U! SDSU Aztecs FIGHT!!!

Quest4Gold
Reactions:

Post by Quest4Gold »

I sent mine, but I don't know if I was a few hours late or not. Now this league with the coaches we have is like a little SEC. It will be scary playing any and all opponents in this league.

Great Read-

Whoever has Wake Forest last is nuts. Morbid is going to crush with them.
VTrunNgun
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by VTrunNgun »

Nice work Pengy - should be an interesting year as the ACC is already making noise as one of the more active conferences.

And to Quest's point, watch out for Wake in the Atlantic. Shit watch out for everyone in the Atlantic - it's pretty solid from top to bottom.
IceMorbid
Reactions:

Post by IceMorbid »

nice writeup pengy - should be a good season.

Hopefully I can do a little better than last in the Atlantic - lol ;)
NDL Record 49-4 (4-0 Bowls)
S 25 - San Jose State 12-1 - Potato Bowl Champs
S 26 - Georgia 11-2 - Outback Bowl Champs
S 27 - Wake Forest 13-1 - ACC Champs - BCS Orange Bowl Champs - NDL Cup Champs
S 28 - Texas 13-0 - Big XII Champs - BCS National Champs
fsupenguin
Reactions:

Post by fsupenguin »

IceMorbid wrote:nice writeup pengy - should be a good season.

Hopefully I can do a little better than last in the Atlantic - lol ;)
Yep, I guess those who sent in the preseason votes didn't bother to look at your record the last 2 seasons.
Dcane7
Reactions:

Post by Dcane7 »

Most people take coaches into account, but sometimes it doesn't matter how good your skills are your team just gives up and lets you down. But I remember what I did with Duke one season so yes I'm concerned with my week 11 game hahaha

Return to “ACC”