Peaying on Europe

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Peaying on Europe

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Ola! Salve! Zdravo! Geia! Hallo!

So my wife and I are going to be embarking on a nice spring break vacation in Europe in about three weeks. We are going to Lisbon, Rome, and Venice first. Then we get on a cruise that takes us from Venice to Kotor, Montenegro, Mykonos, Santorini, Bari, Italy, and then back to Venice. From there we’re taking a quick flight to Munich where we’ll spend a day and then go to Fussen, Germany where we’ll visit Neuschwanstein Castle and the sights around there. Finally we go back to Venice from which we’ll fly home.

Anybody got any tips, hints, or pointers on travel in Europe? One of my biggest worries is the prevalence of pickpockets and petty crime that preys on tourists.
Any lesser known spots in any of these places that we need to see? We are determined to eat as locally authentic as possible and avoid the tourist-centric restaurants.

Thanks
Last edited by LetsGoPeay on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Re: Peaying on Europe

Post by DRiccio21 »

I’ve traveled just about everywhere and never had any issues with pick pocketers.

It’s not to say it doesn’t exist but it’s not any different than being in any major US city in a touristy area. Scam artists and criminals are always looking to fuck over tourists.

Have fun and just be aware of surroundings and you’ll be completely fine

Sounds like a great trip. If I get some time I’ll send you some stuff I’ve done in a few of those areas
GeorgesGoons
Reactions:

Post by GeorgesGoons »

I have an old army buddy that is traveling through either of right now. I believe she's in Berlin as of a couple days ago, she says it cost a euro just to use a public bathroom so be prepared if that's the case everywhere
ImageImageImage
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

Yeah. You can purchase public restroom cards in Rome and Venice.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

what do you guys get , like 3 weeks off for spring break?
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

ajalves wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:47 pm what do you guys get , like 3 weeks off for spring break?
Two weeks and I’m using three PTO days. Originally this trip was just supposed to have been a flight to Venice for the cruise with a 24 hour layover in Lisbon. But the airline changed our flights to days that completely screwed up our itinerary. So we called and they told us we could pick any flight we wanted as long as the departure cities were the same. That allowed us to add a couple days on each side of the trip to see some more places.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

ajalves wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:47 pm what do you guys get , like 3 weeks off for spring break?
Two weeks and I’m using three PTO days. Originally this trip was just supposed to have been a flight to Venice for the cruise with a 24 hour layover in Lisbon. But the airline changed our flights to days that completely screwed up our itinerary. So we called and they told us we could pick any flight we wanted as long as the departure cities were the same. That allowed us to add a couple days on each side of the trip to see some more places.
ajalves
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by ajalves »

I got it ...sheesh 8-)
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

We had to change the end of our trip are now going to Paris instead of Munich and Fussen. The best part of that is that I was able to get tickets to a PSG match on 4/3/22.

Return to “Travel”