England

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
jsence2
Reactions:

England

Post by jsence2 »

I'm finally making my way to the land of the Premier League and am wondering who all has gone, what non-typical tourist things they've enjoyed, great places to eat, etc.

I will be arriving in Manchester the morning of Thursday, February 21 and will be in Manchester until the morning of Monday, February 25. I will then take a train to London and will be there through the afternoon of Saturday, March 2.

Outside of the Manchester United - Liverpool match on Saturday the 23rd, and Crystal Palace - United match in London on Tuesday, February 26, my schedule is quite flexible.

I'm planning the following excursions:

* Train to Liverpool to tour Anfield and maybe Goodison, and do a bit of shopping, then back to Manchester
* Possibly a train to York to visit the castles
* Train to Stonehenge
* Train to Dover to view the cliffs (weather permitting)
* If I don't make it to Dover, possibly a chunnel train over to Bruges, Belgium for a day trip

Anybody who has been to any of these areas, I would greatly appreciate some input!

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
Uuaww
Reactions:

Re: England

Post by Uuaww »

weather will be crap and this is a lot but you'll be there a very long time.

Stonehenge is a tourist trap and you can't get anywhere near it. It is a full day event too. I would prioritize it dead last among everything you listed.

Are you by yourself or going with other people? I can rattle off quite a few great restaurants and markets also but it will depend on how much you want to spend.
jsence2
Reactions:

Re: England

Post by jsence2 »

Uuaww wrote:weather will be crap and this is a lot but you'll be there a very long time.

Stonehenge is a tourist trap and you can't get anywhere near it. It is a full day event too. I would prioritize it dead last among everything you listed.

Are you by yourself or going with other people? I can rattle off quite a few great restaurants and markets also but it will depend on how much you want to spend.

Going by myself, will have a budget of $1500-2000 for everything (excluding hotels/flight). Also looking at a coach tour to Stonehenge, it's a half day deal (be back in London by noon, leave at like 7am)

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61

Return to “Travel”