Nashville TN

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
cougnix
Reactions:

Nashville TN

Post by cougnix »

Dec 9-14 going to be staying at Opryland Inn (Resort was full) for a national AD conference. Taking the wife and taking her to the Grinch at the Grand Ol Opry. Wanted to go to Louisville Slugger Museum but a bit of a drive. Anything I have to see while in town? Granted I will have a few classes to go to, but we have never been there
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
wdoupis
Reactions:

Re: Nashville TN

Post by wdoupis »

Not sure if you are a music guy but the Ryman is a legendary place and my favorite place to catch a show. You can pop in during the day as well, I would recommend it. You will find all your nightlife on Broadway and 2nd Ave.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

your post confused the fuck out of me. you're staying in Nashville but wanted to go to the Louisville slugger museum? anyways... there is no need to be driving 3.5 hours, Nashville is an awesome place. city is new and pretty clean and tons of bars/live music/great restaurants/girls on bachelorette parties. There are cool little subsections of town where its more local than the touristy strip but if its your first time you'll be fine just walking up and down that strip listening to music and drinking.

the country music hall of fame is there, the Predators arena is right in town and then the Titans stadium is down at the end of the main street. Ryman is worth walking thru during the day for the history if you're into music. if you can catch a show there even better. i caught a show at the grand ol opry and really enjoyed it but its not for everyone if you don't like that style.

the Opry is actually a decent drive from the downtown area so try to figure out how you'll be getting back and forth from downtown to that part of town. uber/cabs whatever.

if you really wanted to go to Louisville, make your outgoing flight from there and go take a ride the last day and check it out. that museum is cool, but its tiny and you could do the whole thing in under an hour easily.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Any hotel suggestions for near the Broadway & 2nd Ave. that was mentioned?

My wife and I have pretty much decided on here in October for our anniversary, no kids, so starting to see what is around.
I know it has a lot of live music options, local bars, etc. and that is what we plan on doing.

Any restaurants that are a must?
Other local things that you must do while in town?

You guys mentioned:
The Ryman
Grand Ol Opry
Nightlife on Broadway & 2nd Ave.
PSN: The_Niddler
TWITCH: The_Niddler
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

The Ryman is a must and to be honest all the nightlife will be right there. When I go I like to stay at the Marriott downtown or the Sheraton I stayed it and was really nice and centrally located.
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

The Marriott should be nice for $329 per night! Same with the Sheraton. But I am seeing that nothing is cheap to stay in around that area.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

The_Niddler wrote:The Marriott should be nice for $329 per night! Same with the Sheraton. But I am seeing that nothing is cheap to stay in around that area.

Downtown Nashville is one of, if not the, most expensive places to stay right now. You could stay out by the airports, still nice hotels, and Uber in but I'd recommend just staying downtown. You'll spend a lot of time wondering around there.

There's plenty of good restaurants to choose from within walking distance of downtown. The Southern is phenomenal. An iconic place to stop in would be Hattie B's. It's not a fancy place and you stand in line to get the food, but it is the home of Nashville Hot Chicken.

The Gulch is a nearby area that is also worth checking out while you're there. There's a couple breweries worth checking out in that area if you're into that - Tennessee Brew Works and Jackalope Brewing. There are several very good restaurants in The Gulch area as well. I'd highly recommend Sambuca but go while there's a band. Be aware though, it is not cheap. Have heard a lot of great things about The 404 Kitchen but have never been.

There's a little area in downtown called Printers Alley. Some fun dive bar type places to go there.

Also, if you do stay in downtown, there's a breakfast place called Wild Eggs. It's a chain, but very good.

Oh, maybe check out The Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Also pricey but it's a very cool hotel. You'll have to Uber or taxi to downtown though.

Every bar you go to in downtown will have live music. Just walking down the street you'll have live music. It's everywhere. There will be cover charges to get into a lot of the bars in the evenings so be prepared for that. There's a karaoke bar in downtown called WannaB's that has really good singers. I wouldn't recommend singing, it's where a lot of good talent is hoping to be discovered. One of the more famous bars in that area is Tootsies. To me, not much different than the others, but it's famous... You can't miss with bars downtown though. They're everywhere.
Weasel
Reactions:

Post by Weasel »

Wasted Memory wrote: An iconic place to stop in would be Hattie B's. It's not a fancy place and you stand in line to get the food, but it is the home of Nashville Hot Chicken.
Literally just saw this place yesterday on the Netlix show Ugly Delicious. Looks great, but apparently they took from another local joint although I cant remember the name
cougnix
Reactions:

Post by cougnix »

After going here are the places that a local guy told me to visit and they were all great

Hattie Bs - as stated you will wait but well worth it
The Pharmacy - old style phosphates and burgers. It’s a great place to eat and they have a bar, but the phosphates were pretty cool to try. I think I had a cream soda.
Edleys BBQ-great bbq
ImageImage

PSN: Cougnix
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

We are heading out next Wednesday, I am looking forward to it.
We found a local apt. for rent just a block from Broadway and 2nd Ave.
The address is 150 2nd ave S apt 127, Nashville, TN and it is like $220 per night.

Thanks again for the info:
The Ryman
Grand Ol Opry
Nightlife on Broadway & 2nd Ave.
Hattie Bs
The Pharmacy
Edleys BBQ
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Post by Cnasty »

I'd usually recommend attending a Hustle game but they have been pretty terrible this year. :)
The_Niddler
Reactions:

Post by The_Niddler »

Cnasty wrote:I'd usually recommend attending a Hustle game but they have been pretty terrible this year. :)

He got jokes! :D

If we continue playing like last year, we till not know what October baseball is this year!
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Preds game in town. Those are a blast, So downtown will be rocking. Cheap beer Broadway Brewhouse. Across from Margaritaville. Jacks BBQ is great also. I second the pharmacy in east Nashville, it’s a little off the beaten path for tourists but a great place.
texasfan4444
Reactions:

Post by texasfan4444 »

the ones i mentioned on the group chat not mentioned here:

Butcher and Bee
Rodizio Grill The Brazilian Steak house 9 not cheap but so so good.
Good drinks/beers across the street at the Beer Cellar.

Return to “Travel”