Nashville

Going on a trip? Looking for some travel advice or places to visit? This is your place.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Nashville

Post by DRiccio21 »

Going with my wife this weekend. She's got a work event and i'm tagging along

looking for some must see's, must do's, must eat, hidden treasure type stuff.

i'm going to the grand ole opry to see Montgomery Gentry on Saturday night but besides that i have no plans.

and yes, Cowboy Dave will be making an appearance
Cnasty
NDL Championships
NDL Championships
Reactions:

Re: Nashville

Post by Cnasty »

Wasted and Biffy are your destination experts.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

I liked The Stage and Tequila Cowboy for bars and music and Rippys for a good pulled pork sandwich and view upstairs
wdoupis
Reactions:

Post by wdoupis »

You absolutely must check out the Ryman. They also have a pretty nice replica of the Parthenon that is a nice scene. Other tha that stay on Broadway and have a nice time
dakshdar
Reactions:

Post by dakshdar »

Bbq. Eat bbq. I'll try to look up where I ate on my cross country ride.

It was either Martin's or Jack's, both downtown. Can't remember, been 11 years. But get some pork, it's mostly what Tennessee bbq is known for.
DRWebs
Reactions:

Post by DRWebs »

dakshdar wrote:Bbq. Eat bbq. I'll try to look up where I ate on my cross country ride.

It was either Martin's or Jack's, both downtown. Can't remember, been 11 years. But get some pork, it's mostly what Tennessee bbq is known for.
Jack's was solid
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

wdoupis wrote:You absolutely must check out the Ryman. They also have a pretty nice replica of the Parthenon that is a nice scene. Other tha that stay on Broadway and have a nice time

one of my favorite artists is played their last night, Leon Bridges. i was pretty bummed when i saw that.

i'm going to check out Ryman, that was on my list.
Wasted Memory
Reactions:

Post by Wasted Memory »

Look up Hattie B's Hot Chicken. http://hattieb.com/ It's a destination all by itself. Be prepared for a line though, moves fairly quickly.

Just walking up and down Broadway will lead to several fun spots. Every bar will have musicians that will be the "next big thing" in country music. Wannabe's is a karaoke bar down there that's cool to check out. I wouldn't recommend putting your name in though. It's a pretty serious karaoke bar. They're all really good singers. http://wannabs.com/

The Southern Steak & Oyster has really good food as well. http://thesouthernnashville.com/
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Hattie Bs is a must

All of downtown is pretty nice and safe. Check out Tootsies and the other honky tonks. Wear your cowboy Dave get up. Lot of great food and cheap beer. Cheapest and best selection is Broadway Brewhouse across from Margaritaville. 3 buck pints for domestics.
LetsGoPeay
Reactions:

Post by LetsGoPeay »

I spent many, many weekend nights in Nashville in college. At least I think I did. I don't remember most of them.
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

LetsGoPeay wrote:I spent many, many weekend nights in Nashville in college. At least I think I did. I don't remember most of them.
i'll keep that in mind!

thanks for the tip
jsence2
Reactions:

Post by jsence2 »

Hattie B's is ridiculously good. I haven't eaten there in years. Might have to swing by when I'm down there in April.

S14: N Texas 7-1
S15: Wake 8-5
S16-21: Washington 9-4, 10-3, 8-5, 9-4, 7-6, 6-7
S22: Ohio 8-5
S23: ECU 12-2
S24-26: Kentucky 8-5, 5-7, 5-7
Career: 102-61
DRiccio21
Reactions:

Post by DRiccio21 »

Great city. Pleasantly surprised

Had lunch in the afternoon at puckett's which had great reviews by some sites I trust but the food was just okay. Then did a tour of the Ryman which was very cool. Then we went over to east Nashville which is aparently the cities hipster area and had drinks at the Pharmacy and did some shopping at a few vintage shops. Got myself a great Bolo.
Then we went to grand ole opry last night like a true tourist and had a great time followed up by some drinks on Broadway. Broadway is pretty sweet but a bit much for me. Cool to have a beer there but not my scene.

Today we did The Southern for brunch and doing Hattie B's now followed by some beers at Brewhouse.

I'm pretty shocked by the boom of this city. It's like Miami in 2005 with the construction and new developments. I'm also surprised by the amount of cool neighborhoods and the size. I expected it to be much smaller and confined but there is stuff all over the place. The city is really clean too. Lots of girls on bachelorette parties. Would be a sweet spot for a boys trip.
BFiVL
Reactions:

Post by BFiVL »

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Did you try a burger and homemade soda at pharmacy? Good stuff there. Broadway/2nd Ave, I feel same way. I usually find one place and stick it out there. Sensory overload with all the music and stuff going on.

Return to “Travel”